• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, we can't be sure if those Poké Balls signify all of the Trainer's Pokémon, or just the remaining ones after their first ones.

But we we can be sure, what did the VS screens look like for Kiawe vs Gladion and Ash vs Guzma?

Is it just me or does the animation during the battle scenes look a little subpar? I swear that most of the previous Alola league episodes looked snazzier than this one just judging by the animation alone.

Makoto Shinjo who is animation director for this ep I'd say is slightly better than your average animator. The key thing though is that Masaaki Iwane always does key animation in Shinjo's work (dating back to DP), so some segments are bound to look fantastic.

I concerned about next battle. Anime preview shows Silvally fighting Pikachu, but a preview image shows Ash starting off with Melmetal. Heavily implying it gets taken out by Silvally first.

I concerned about next battle. Anime preview shows Silvally fighting Pikachu, but a preview image shows Ash starting off with Melmetal. Heavily implying it gets taken out by Silvally first.
It doesn't seem Ash-like to switch out Pokémon even though he did that in most Kalos Gym Battles.

It doesn't seem Ash-like to switch out Pokémon even though he did that in most Kalos Gym Battles.
Which is what concerns me. Silvally is Ash's biggest obstacle cause it can change typings on the fly. (Totally fair btw). So honestly, it's like it doesn't matter if Ash switches out.

Maybe that's the thing? Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on. And switching isn't out of the question. It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.

Maybe that's the thing? Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on. And switching isn't out of the question. It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.
Let's pray that's the case an not Fujisaku pulling off some cheap stunt.

This is the finals of the League. This is usually the time when logical writing gets thrown out to keep the status quo of Ash being a loser.

Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on.
How does that even work? All of Ash's known participating Pokémon are weak to ground, so Ground Silvally counters them all.

It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.
Torterra cries in a corner...

Melmetal might be switched out in Pikachu's favour, I think. If we're going on Fujisaku's whims (which I don’t think will be that large of a part), he tends to favour Rowlet and Meltan, so I don’t see Melmetal treated too shabbily unless Fujisaku liked Meltan but hates Melmetal.

It’s a real pity that Lycanroc doesn’t get to battle Silvally even for a little while. They tried to establish a small rivalry between but abandoned it after one battle. I'd have preferred Melmetal facing Zoroark and Lycanroc getting a short face off with Silvally before switching out.

It’s a real pity that Lycanroc doesn’t get to battle Silvally even for a little while. They tried to establish a small rivalry between but abandoned it after one battle. I'd have preferred Melmetal facing Zoroark and Lycanroc getting a short face off with Silvally before switching out.
I think the Lycanroc vs. Lycanroc rivalry is stronger at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom