• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Video Game Help Thread!

This isn't totally related to video games, but it involves consoles. Now that the Wii U is being discontinued, is the Wii U's Virtual Console/eShop still operational? Can you still buy games from the Wii U's eShop?

You can still buy from the wii's shop too, as well as dlc compatible games as the games with dlc had private wifi servers
So I reckon that the wii u shop will be open for a while if the wii shop isn't dead yet either

I'm planning to sell my Wii.
I just noticed that it happened to be the Nintendo 25th Anniversary edition and came with Wii Sports and Super Mario Bros.
It has the GameCube slots on the top.

For how much should I sell it/what is my console's value? People at eBay are selling it on an average $100

I want to sell my Animal Crossing town and start a new one, but what will happen to the Public Works Projects? I know the list of unbuilt projects will be carried over, but what about the ones I already built? Can I pick them from the list immediately or do I have to do the whole ocean trick again? Also, what happens to the items I obtained from depositing a certain amount of bells in the ABD?

Last edited:
I'm replaying Fire Emblem Awakening and this time I'm trying to pair up everyone based on how it would benefit the child instead of just whose support conversations I like. Any recommendations on who to pair with Panne so I can get a good outcome for Yarne?

I'm planning to sell my Wii.
I just noticed that it happened to be the Nintendo 25th Anniversary edition and came with Wii Sports and Super Mario Bros.
It has the GameCube slots on the top.

For how much should I sell it/what is my console's value? People at eBay are selling it on an average $100
$80-$150 is a fair price range.
considering it's limited edition, you could try to sell it for more.

I have a question console-related, I believe this would be a good place.
So, I got into hardcoring Pokémon a bit more recently. The first Nintendo console I actually bought was in November, which was my 2DS for Pokémon Sun.
Anyway, I'm looking to buy a DS, to play the older games. Yes, I know the 2DS plays them as well, but to transfer the older Pokémon to recent games you need two DSs, and an old DS Lite would be amazing.
However, I live in Brazil; this means piracy runs rampant, and it's quite hard to find something that was not pirated, or was unlocked. I'm being kinda dumb wanting to have everything original, but anyways, that's not the point.
What I want to know is: what are the effects of a R4 Card on a DS? If I just ignore it and don't use it, will it run like it ran originally? If I were to buy one that had used a R4 Card before and not use it, would it activate some kind of anti-piracy detector on part of the DS, or sumthing?
I tried googling it, but the DS is old, so all the questions were about the R4 for the 3DS.

This isn't strictly in the opening post, but there's a game I can't remember the title of and it's been bugging me. Hopefully someone knows this game.

I remember seeing it in the late '90s, so it's from that time at the latest, and was for PC. It's a space-based RTS with simple graphics. The background is mostly black, empty space, and your ships are just triangular outlines, white for one player, red for the other, and the outlines are varying sizes for different classes of ships. All the ships generally look similar to the ship out of Asteroids, but shots fired from the ships are somewhat more elongated than those in Asteroids. Before you start a game, in the mission select screen, you can choose a premade scenario (one of which I remember being called warpin) or build your own by choosing how many of each kind of ship each side gets. I remember some of the ships' names being dragon, shrike, wyvern, hydra, space station and star base. The first 4 I think were small fighter-like ships and the latter 2 being large and immobile.

Greetings. I own a regular 2DS. I am thinking of upgrading it to a New 2ds XL, and I really like the design, big screens and more powerful processor.

But there is one issue that concerns me, since a lot of people online have it apparently: the hinges are more loose and wobbly compared to other models. Some people also claim the console is quite fragile overall.

So my question is: are those wobbly hinge issues with every console, or only with some?

Should those issues worry me, or are people exagerating?

Random question about the Wii Shop's eventual closure: Is it possible to transfer games to the Wii U digitally that aren't available on the Wii U's eShop from the Wii? Because I have games on the Wii section that you can't get on the Wii U eShop such as Secret of Mana, Harvest Moon: My Little Shop, and Pokemon Puzzle League. I don't really know how this works, and I want to make sure I don't lose those games if I ever decide to transfer them over. But if it turns out they don't transfer over, I'm keeping them on the Wii function.

Is it possible to change your region in Steam? I want to know because Street Fighter x Tekken is not available in my country for some reason, even though other Capcom games (including the main Street Fighters) are available.

Asking for a friend.

The Switch online membership puts save data in the cloud, but it only lasts a specific number of months. What happens when those months are up? Do you have to pay for another membership fee do access the cloud back up or will it remain safe and accessible even when time's up?

Also, whenever the AC adapter is plugged in, the Switch turns on displaying the battery icon and the Switch logo and words "Nintendo Switch" show up on tv for a split second or two and then turns off. Is this something to be concerned about? And yes, the Switch is in the dock facing the right direction.

Asking for a friend.

The Switch online membership puts save data in the cloud, but it only lasts a specific number of months. What happens when those months are up? Do you have to pay for another membership fee do access the cloud back up or will it remain safe and accessible even when time's up?

You will not be able to access your cloud saves when your subscription expires, but Nintendo will not delete them for 180 days - if you resubscribe within that time you'll be able to access them again.

Also, whenever the AC adapter is plugged in, the Switch turns on displaying the battery icon and the Switch logo and words "Nintendo Switch" show up on tv for a split second or two and then turns off. Is this something to be concerned about? And yes, the Switch is in the dock facing the right direction.

I think that's normal.

Here is a question from me: when one gets the online switch subscription, they get a virtual bundle that contains many NES games. I was told they are not the full game for each one. Is this true?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom