• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I'm kind of pessimistic about this direct. I mean, this will be a Nintendo Direct, not a Pokemon Direct. So, I can see GramFreak wasting a few minutes (1-3 minutes) for Sword and Shield. Maybe we will get something like Nessa's reveal trailer.

Question is, will they finally show Eternatus? Makes sense since it's now a lot closer to release, with just one month between now and then.
Most likely not. Almost certainly not actually...

I am so hype for the Direct tomorrow, and having confirmation we have Sword and Shield stuff in it is really good too. Now instead of speculating on if we will see Sword and Shield in it, we can speculate on what we could see from Sword and Shield.

It's interesting to note that they will be focusing on 2019 titles, and the Direct is still 40 minutes long. Because of this, I can see them wanting to spend a decent amount of time with their main titles which they stated, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield. I think it's most likely that Pokemon included their usual trailer into the Nintendo Direct, and it's going to be probably something a bit bigger then what we've seen in the last couple months.

Predictions (I'm not predicting all of these happening in the Direct, these are just some things I am predicting could be in, but I don't think they will do all of them at once).
  • Starter Evos or Eeveelutions, or just something big. Something they know is going to center some focus on them for the general Nintendo fans who might have not looked into Sword and Shield yet. Something iconic and recognizable for people who are not as well versed in the series.
  • A new gym, likely another version exclusive gym if we have any more (which I think they will).
  • A few new brand new Pokemon, not evolutions of anything. (I have to say since we have gone this long without the early route Pokemon knowledge, I think they are just not going to reveal that stuff before the game at all. It's kind of weird not knowing them before the game comes out, but I think they would have told us already.)
  • A couple of new Galarian forms, maybe with one of them having an evolution.
  • Something story-wise, not anything that is going to spoil too much, but something that can hint at it more. It would give players a better idea to what we might see from these games.
I am so ready for tomorrow. I've been needing me some good Pokemon news and Nintendo news in general. It will be really hype tomorrow because I'll be watching the Direct with a good friend of mine while we celebrate her birthday together. Lucky duck gets a Nintendo Direct for her birthday XD.

Don't we have a leak that got the date (9/4) right?
Yeah, that's definitely a fake leak. They posted it and doctored the date to make it appear as though it had been posted before the trailer revealing Neutralizing Gas when in fact it had been posted afterward. I don't think you could get more of a red flag than that.

Aside from that, we have a leak claiming that there would be an announcement on the 4th for a Direct on the 5th (as well as another one just claiming a trailer on the 5th) but considering Sword and Shield is going to be in the September 4th Nintendo Direct, I can probably just go ahead and mark both rumors claiming anything happening on the 5th as fake right now.

I'm loosing hope about a new eeveelution. If there was a new one they would have probably revealed it already, right? For merchandise and marketing eeveelutions are really important...

I'm loosing hope about a new eeveelution. If there was a new one they would have probably revealed it already, right? For merchandise and marketing eeveelutions are really important...
=/ Yeah, I've been doubting it since LGPE. We've gotten so much eeveelution group merch and no new eeveelution reveal, it's really feeling like we may not be getting one, which is a terrible shame.

=/ Yeah, I've been doubting it since LGPE. We've gotten so much eeveelution group merch and no new eeveelution reveal, it's really feeling like we may not be getting one, which is a terrible shame.
yeah but didn't we have eeveelution group merch right before Sylveon was revealed?

yeah but didn't we have eeveelution group merch right before Sylveon was revealed?
Not really, since the generation before that was Gen 5 and Eevee wasn't a hot topic. With LGPE, eeveelution group merch has just kinda been spammed relentlessly without any sort of caution that you would expect from merch that would be rendered outdated within a matter of months.

And by eeveelution group merch, I mean products that feature all eeveelutions, not sets that are sold individually.

Not really, since the generation before that was Gen 5 and Eevee wasn't a hot topic. With LGPE, eeveelution group merch has just kinda been spammed relentlessly without any sort of caution that you would expect from merch that would be rendered outdated within a matter of months.

And by eeveelution group merch, I mean products that feature all eeveelutions, not sets that are sold individually.
yeah that is what i meant products that feature all the eeveelutions. I thought I remember seeing some and then sylveon showed up.
it's just memory though, isn't accurate but I feel sure that it happened.

They should at least mention it and show off some more outfits.

Agreed. They showed off the boutique in the last video, so now I want to actually see a lot of the clothes and accessories they have. Not to mention new hairstyles and show off if we can wear eye contacts and things like that. :bulbaLove:

One can easily argue that all eeveelutions merch that doesn't have any new ones will very quickly become collectors items and skyrocket in value (at least the quality group figures and such), since they'll never make any group merch like that again (if any new ones are in SwSh).

Hm!! Whether there will be new Eeveelutions or not, i do wonder now if the existing ones have been given Gigantamax forms?
That is too uncertain to even speculate, so here is an actual question: Do we know yet if Gigantamax capability transfers when a Pokemon evolves?

One can easily argue that all eeveelutions merch that doesn't have any new ones will very quickly become collectors items and skyrocket in value (at least the quality group figures and such), since they'll never make any group merch like that again (if any new ones are in SwSh).
I don't think that particular novelty really raises the dollar signs more than unavailability does under any circumstances, though. Nor do those sales benefit TPCi, really- ebay sellers would make out like bandits if anyone cared, but I would venture to say that missing members of a group isn't a selling point for the majority of people.

Hm!! Whether there will be new Eeveelutions or not, i do wonder now if the existing ones have been given Gigantamax forms?
That is too uncertain to even speculate, so here is an actual question: Do we know yet if Gigantamax capability transfers when a Pokemon evolves?
I would assume that it does, since you have to challenge Max Raids (probably repeatedly) to even acquire a pokemon capable of using Gigantamax. It wouldn't make sense for it to lose that ability when it evolves, or else how would you acquire an evolved form capable of Gigantamaxing? Do you have to catch it evolved in order to use its evolved Gigantamax? Evolve a bunch of Max Raid catches in the hopes that one of them will evolve into a Gigantamax evo? The most sensible thing would be for it to retain that capability. And it would probably have a marker in its code similar to shininess anyway.

Also- I can't see eeveelutions gaining Gigantamax forms any more than I could see them gaining Megas. Just for the simple fact that there are too many eeveelutions to design forms for and they would definitely have to do all of them if they were to do any. That task would probably make someone in the art department hate their job.

I think eeveelutions themselves are unique enough as they are and that shouldnt be overshadowed. I mean they are already getting dynamaxed forms, even though all pokemon in galar get that.

Back
Top Bottom