• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet
Or he could use his Pokemon.
It's not like he doesn't have a flying type or two.
most of the regions are very far away indeed.

Ash Required Ferry for the first 4 Regions, whilst the next 4 is by plane. With Galar, I reckon most will be travelled by plane, with the exception for Kalos which shall be by train.

Once again, the idea the guy expressed in the First Video, Animated Ginger, shared sounds too fanfic to me. Sure it was the Original Concept for M20 and they may have saved it for later, but bold of you to assume that they actually plan ahead. Companions returning and hogging screentime from the Main Cast which is the Galar Gang with Ash sounds like a disaster. You have 2 Galar Companions + 15 Other Companions + Ash, that is 18 in total to balance and develop when the Anime can barely handle a group of 4 without them being irrelevant for 60 Episodes. As for what PRB12 said ( can't believe this guy is still relevant ), him wanting for a proper ending for Ash with all the things that haven't been mentioned for more than a decade ago to be mentioned again in an almost story less promotion, TV Anime Pokémon, yeah he's going to be eventually disappointed.

Once again, the idea the guy expressed in the First Video, Animated Ginger, shared sounds too fanfic to me. Sure it was the Original Concept for M20 and they may have saved it for later, but bold of you to assume that they actually plan ahead. Companions returning and hogging screentime from the Main Cast which is the Galar Gang with Ash sounds like a disaster. You have 2 Galar Companions + 15 Other Companions + Ash, that is 18 in total to balance and develop when the Anime can barely handle a group of 4 without them being irrelevant for 60 Episodes. As for what PRB12 said ( can't believe this guy is still relevant ), him wanting for a proper ending for Ash with all the things that haven't been mentioned for more than a decade ago to be mentioned again in an almost story less promotion, TV Anime Pokémon, yeah he's going to be eventually disappointed.

Yeah, this is one reason why I lean towards them doing a clean reboot. The staff has shown themselves to be willing to try new things, but the approaches that those videos suggested would be a 180 from their handling when it comes older characters outside of season one.

But then, this is a 10 year old we are talking about here.
I hate it when people say this. That "10 year old" line came from the English dub version of BW001 only, nowhere else... and the English dub isn't exactly a reliable source of info. Any translations that are not in context of the actual Japanese script is not canon. The Japanese version never explicitly states his age though we could see character growth (physically and mentally) and progression from OS > AG > DP > XY.
I am hoping that Ash's rival from every region will be shown in the SwSh Anime ...
Only need Paul to show up, a lot of things will fall into place. That, and if he rotates some of his older mons.
I only ever wanted a good plot. Bringing everyone together doesn't sound that good to me.
It always works if written well, there are a couple of fanfictions that do it. Read Ancienverse series by Epicocity if you can.
Or he could use his Pokemon.
It's not like he doesn't have a flying type or two.
I doubt 'Fly' works the same way in the anime because the regions are geographically on the scale of real countries. Maybe for a small region like Alola, yes. But flying between regions much less cities in the region itself would absolutely tax and exhaust the flyer. Hence the need for conventional transportation.

I doubt 'Fly' works the same way in the anime because the regions are geographically on the scale of real countries. Maybe for a small region like Alola, yes. But flying between regions much less cities in the region itself would absolutely tax and exhaust the flyer. Hence the need for conventional transportation.

Depends on where the regions are in relation to one another and that would require the creation of an actual over-world map of the regions.

It's already been established that Charizard can fly from Johto to Kanto practically overnight(Battle Frontier).
That also implies that he could likely make the journey to Alola as well(they didn't give an actual distance between the two, but if it's close enough to be considered a "class field trip" then I don't think it's a stretch that Charizard can make the trip).

Obviously; they would have to make some pit stops along the way for the Pokemon to rest(filler episodes), but I can pretty easily see them making something like this work. It's basically just a large scale version of the Orange Islands.

(not that I particularly buy into this rumor, just saying that it could be done if the writers really wanted to do it)

I hate it when people say this. That "10 year old" line came from the English dub version of BW001 only, nowhere else...

If only people wouldn't claim things that not true...

I didn't mean just that. You also had to be the first one to post that video and make my post effectively useless. Of course I could've know you did it first before I posted that, but that would've frustrated me too.
If you’re reading the thread wouldn’t you already know that? It isn’t as if the post was secret.
The forums aren’t a race for who posts something first or who gets the most likes. I personally find it rude when people are told off for posting something before someone else. It just gets annoying since everyone is free to post here.

I would have to assume that travel costs nothing in the pokemon world then, because how can anyone fly all over the world constantly? And no, there is no way Ash is famous enough to be that flipping rich. I doubt real champions are that rich.
I assume battling gym leaders would give some money, and if not that, I think the leagues would have prize money even for the runner ups or the quarter finalists. Ash has been consistently ending up Top 8 or above, so that must result in some prize money for him.

If you’re reading the thread wouldn’t you already know that? It isn’t as if the post was secret.
The forums aren’t a race for who posts something first or who gets the most likes. I personally find it rude when people are told off for posting something before someone else. It just gets annoying since everyone is free to post here.
I know, I know. I've already moved past it. And I had just not read the thread in weeks and skipped over to the latest one to make my post.

I assume battling gym leaders would give some money, and if not that, I think the leagues would have prize money even for the runner ups or the quarter finalists. Ash has been consistently ending up Top 8 or above, so that must result in some prize money for him.
Not to mention that he's already won several competitions not associated with the league. I'd say he's a boy millionaire at this point, and considering he mostly travels on foot with the bare minimum of spending done for food/clothing/shelter supplies.

View attachment 124492
If only people wouldn't claim things that not true...
My point still sticks that BW was intended initially as a reboot but they had to double back and make it a part of the continuity and ended up contradicting a lot of things (like that magnet train comment, or Dawn stating 1 year had passed since the Wallace Cup). The moment they doubled back, they contradicted BW001 and rendered it unaccountable. Hence not 10 years old.

Last edited:
but bold of you to assume that they actually plan ahead

Any reason to believe they don't (at least when it comes to most of the series)? 'Cause XY kind of disproves that notion. Since as early on as it's debut, Goodra was shown to have somewhat of a tragic backstory, meaning that they had some kind of plan regarding its character, its past, the way it will affect its arc and its story overall. Ash-Greninja and the Team Flare crisis were both foreshadowed via Olympia's visions months before their respective debuts, so they clearly had some ideas regarding those two and what to do with them. Heck, one could even make the argument that the Mega Evolution Specials themselves are proof that the anime crew plans ahead, since they build up Alain, Lysander, Team Flare and their plans long before they're even introduced in the main series (and the anime even uses elements from the specials in the Team Flare climax, such as the Megalith, Steven Stones, Chespie's coma etc.). So, again, is there any reason to believe that they've never planed a story or even an entire series ahead before? 'Cause it really looks like you're giving the anime crew way too little credit.

Ugh, some people still don't want to admit that Ash is 10 years old, how sad and pathetic...
Why is it that you have this odd and opposite... almost negative outlook, judging from your recent comments? I tried to ignore it the best I could but now I'm curious.

If we think about it, its kinda funny we are gonna visit all 8 regions in the anime, considering we have Dexit.
Damage control maybe? Including all of the regions and Pokemon seems to be an attempt to quell the Dexit controversy, though if it turns out to be a reset/reboot then it'll just be adding gasoline to the flames.

Any reason to believe they don't (at least when it comes to most of the series)? 'Cause XY kind of disproves that notion. Since as early on as it's debut, Goodra was shown to have somewhat of a tragic backstory, meaning that they had some kind of plan regarding its character, its past, the way it will affect its arc and its story overall. Ash-Greninja and the Team Flare crisis were both foreshadowed via Olympia's visions months before their respective debuts, so they clearly had some ideas regarding those two and what to do with them. Heck, one could even make the argument that the Mega Evolution Specials themselves are proof that the anime crew plans ahead, since they build up Alain, Lysander, Team Flare and their plans long before they're even introduced in the main series (and the anime even uses elements from the specials in the Team Flare climax, such as the Megalith, Steven Stones, Chespie's coma etc.). So, again, is there any reason to believe that they've never planed a story or even an entire series ahead before? 'Cause it really looks like you're giving the anime crew way too little credit.
Agreed. If we think about when M20 was originally planned, then we have ourselves over 3 years of planning (same time as SwSh game planning) for the Gen 8 Anime series before jotting them down as actual animation. They know exactly what they're doing.

Last edited:
The best thing would be a reboot and no more Ash. The Main problem of Pokémon anime is the Main Character that is Ash. He have to many resets, never grows (still 10 years old) and the plot always make an excuse so he can't win a league. The 2 times he could win a league the plot was against him (DP and XY) and in both times he got a complete reset (BW and SM). Well he also have other feats like winning the Battlefrontier and Orange league (that one is not that important) but instead of using that as correct ending, they decide that he must win a region league.
Because of those problems is much better to not have Ash, the only important character would be just Pikachu. The best thing should use the original games MCs as the Main Characters of the reboot anime. Pokémon Origins was much better than the anime with Ash.

The best thing would be a reboot and no more Ash. The Main problem of Pokémon anime is the Main Character that is Ash. He have to many resets, never grows (still 10 years old) and the plot always make an excuse so he can't win a league. The 2 times he could win a league the plot was against him (DP and XY) and in both times he got a complete reset (BW and SM). Well he also have other feats like winning the Battlefrontier and Orange league (that one is not that important) but instead of using that as correct ending, they decide that he must win a region league.
Because of those problems is much better to not have Ash, the only important character would be just Pikachu. The best thing should use the original games MCs as the Main Characters of the reboot anime. Pokémon Origins was much better than the anime with Ash.
Yet the main problem is that Ash has become too much of an icon for the anime that it would be too risky to drop. Some people have grown too much with Ash and removing him would be a problem for the series. Especially on the Japanese side. Plus there are still some unanswered plots that need resolving, and ending the series in Alola would not be a very good fitting for the end of the series. The best they can do is to end it with a bang.

Yet the main problem is that Ash has become too much of an icon for the anime that it would be too risky to drop. Some people have grown too much with Ash and removing him would be a problem for the series. Especially on the Japanese side. Plus there are still some unanswered plots that need resolving, and ending the series in Alola would not be a very good fitting for the end of the series. The best they can do is to end it with a bang.

Another thing is that its not only dropping Ash. Its dropping the TRio as well in the process, not to speak about all the Pokemon they have caught. Just like Pikachu, Ash and the TRio are also the faces of the franchise and can more or less be considered side-mascots/human mascots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom