• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So... We end up designing our own curry dishes. And we also get to add sausages next to them.

...I wonder what these sausages are made from. :unsure:
I hope it's Grumpig and not Emboar. It's difficult to imagine a starter being cooked XD

I've been really sympathetic towards the whole dex thing and I've even had my fair share of complaints, but at this point the dex situation makes me wanna jab my eyes out.
I have always said I don't care about dexit. But it's undeniable that facts keep contradictig the reasons they gave to justify it.

To count 1000+ models you have to add all vivillon, Arceus and Silvally forms, so apparently it's a problem for GF even if It's just skin changes...
Wasn't the statement "almost 1000", not "already over 1000"? I think it's a bullshit excuse anyways, seeing how similar the models are to 3DS ones, but even excluding Vivillion, Arceus, Silvally, and the Flabebe line from the total number of models, that's 949 models, so it doesn't seem like they said recolors were a problem.

Yamper evolution shirt, i think?

I would assume that it does, since you have to challenge Max Raids (probably repeatedly) to even acquire a pokemon capable of using Gigantamax. It wouldn't make sense for it to lose that ability when it evolves, or else how would you acquire an evolved form capable of Gigantamaxing? Do you have to catch it evolved in order to use its evolved Gigantamax? Evolve a bunch of Max Raid catches in the hopes that one of them will evolve into a Gigantamax evo? The most sensible thing would be for it to retain that capability. And it would probably have a marker in its code similar to shininess anyway.

Also- I can't see eeveelutions gaining Gigantamax forms any more than I could see them gaining Megas. Just for the simple fact that there are too many eeveelutions to design forms for and they would definitely have to do all of them if they were to do any. That task would probably make someone in the art department hate their job.

That is what i am hoping in terms of Gigantamax as well! Although it is interesting, would there be part of all of an evolutionary line that can do it or just the final stage?

Has this photo of all of the Eeveelutions at a camp been posted yet? (it is from the main Sword/Shield website) I think it is a positive sign, at least that all current Eeveelutions are in the game! Leafeon and Dynamax Eevee were in the gameplay footage, i couldn't remember whether that was recycled or new!

9_04_camp_17.jpg

I have always said I don't care about dexit. But it's undeniable that facts keep contradictig the reasons they gave to justify it.
-sigh- Creating a pokemon that uses the same exact model with different colorations and one slightly changed detail doesn't contradict anything. You might as well be complaining that shinies exist.

-sigh- Creating a pokemon that uses the same exact model with different colorations and one slightly changed detail doesn't contradict anything. You might as well be complaining that shinies exist.
I'm not saying it's logical (it's not), that's my point. But if they mentioned 1000+ pokemon, well, according to them, forms are a problem among the others right? Or they wouldn't have mentioned them...

It says as of Sword and Shield. If you add ~80 pokemon to the 949 models that @TechSkylander1518 mentioned (which he said doesn't count forms that are just color changes), then you are still easily over 1000. Without counting recolors. So... yeah, color variants aren't an issue.
This is not just a recolor. There are different objects on Alcreamie body depending on the form. This means the models are different and it's not just a recolor/texture change like for Vivillon or Silvally.

Back
Top Bottom