• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good, no spoilers as yet to reveal who the champion is

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

The finals ended up being a fight between Satoshi and Gladio. Satoshi's Melmetal got beaten by Silvady, but then Pikachu was sent out and defeated Silvady, and a battle between Pikachu and Zoroark began. Who will attain the glory of being the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League; Satoshi or Gladio?

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 山﨑玲愛 (Reina Yamazaki)

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news

I see they’re pulling the title bait again like they did in Kalos.

I see they’re pulling the title bait again like they did in Kalos.

Well based on the summaries and titles of the next episode, its still open to debate on who will win

Deus ex Machina this match will probably be the Electrium Z becoming the Pikachu exclusive version

Well, at least we got some good battles out of the league over the last few episodes.

Here's hoping the Masked Royal match will be much better to make up for it

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

The finals ended up being a fight between Satoshi and Gladio. Satoshi's Melmetal got beaten by Silvady, but then Pikachu was sent out and defeated Silvady, and a battle between Pikachu and Zoroark began. Who will attain the glory of being the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League; Satoshi or Gladio?

Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 山﨑玲愛 (Reina Yamazaki)

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news
Ash is not going to win that’s obvious

A mess is about to be born.

Image result for i'm nervous gif

tenor.gif

There goes my hopes of having this league and season end on a decent note. Why the hell do they give key battles to that noob?
I don’t see why not. We got a battle between Trip and Alder back in BW, so they could very well showcase a battle between Gladion and the Masked Royal here.

It could go either way, really.
Except, Gladion has absolutely no connection to the Masked Royal, whereas Alder was pretty much someone Trip looked up to and genuinely wanted to face off against.

I'm not going to let the potential reboot teaser for September 29 fool me. Gladion stands at a 99% chance of winning, even if Ash gets another deus ex machina to his advantage. And besides, Guzzlord will likely interrupt the Gladion vs. Masked Royal battle.

I can actually somewhat understand Melmetal losing to Silvally, since Silvally is technically a Legendary, but making it lose its first match after a significant power boost feels very anticlimactic after such an epic evolution. It better get some time to truly shine later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom