• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except, Gladion has absolutely no connection to the Masked Royal, whereas Alder was pretty much someone Trip looked up to and genuinely wanted to face off against.

By this logic, Guzma should have advanced to the finals so that he would have faced the Masked Royal, as he has a connection with Kukui.

Regardless, if there is something that this series has shown me it’s that it doesn’t shy away from throwing curveballs, and both Ash winning and Gladion facing MR are curveballs.

By this logic, Guzma should have advanced to the finals so that he would have faced the Masked Royal, as he has a connection with Kukui.

Regardless, if there is something that this series has shown me it’s that it doesn’t shy away from throwing curveballs, and both Ash winning and Gladion facing MR are curveballs.
True. Guzma did have a connection with Kukui but the main running theme regarding him was running away from losses and only picking fights that he knew he could win, something that his own Pokemon reflected. Facing Kukui would have had the same impact it did as facing Ash, with Guzma eventually having to come to terms with that fact.

Also, Guzma's connection is with Kukui, not the Masked Royal.

Last edited:
In terms of Meltan, there's only Double Iron Bash, and it will have to evolve in order to use that, and it's already been confirmed that it is evolving in SM138.
Melmetal also gains Thunder Punch upon evolution, so that's two moves to consider.

It might, considering that it might be used against Guzzlord, or if Ash wins here, the exhibition match.

Hope so, why give Ash his first Steel type if not to let it use the Steel type Z-Move

Melmetal also gains Thunder Punch upon evolution, so that's two moves to consider.

Chances of another of Ash's team learning an electric move seem unlikely, we haven't even seen it use Thunderbolt since it was captured

Hope so, why give Ash his first Steel type if not to let it use the Steel type Z-Move

Chances of another of Ash's team learning an electric move seem unlikely, we haven't even seen it use Thunderbolt since it was captured
Regardless of what you mentioned, Melmetal evolving and gaining Thunder Punch is a core of its species. It also happened back when Chimchar evolve to Monferno and got Mach Punch.

I can actually somewhat understand Melmetal losing to Silvally, since Silvally is technically a Legendary, but making it lose its first match after a significant power boost feels very anticlimactic after such an epic evolution. It better get some time to truly shine later.
Could it be it has no control of its new power maybe that’s what downfall

It’s possible that Gladion uses the disc as build of defense against Ash Pokémon to take very less damage

Could it be it has no control of its new power maybe that’s what downfall
Possibly. Considering that Meltan barely has any battle experience (Faba doesn't count), I could see that its new bulky body and power overwhelm it a bit. At least that's how a proper writer would portray it, but this is Fujisucku we're talking about.

There goes my hopes of having this league and season end on a decent note. Why the hell do they give key battles to that noob?
My guess is because he shows up to work and completes his assignments within the deadlines given to him :unsure:
Likely because they didn't realize how bad of a backlash his battles would end up getting. However, I think the outrage caused by the Rowlet incident will make them keep him away from battles in episodes produced from now on.

My guess is because he shows up to work and completes his assignments within the deadlines given to him :unsure:
Or maybe he has nudes of the anime's producers and blackmails them into letting him show his 'talent'.

Jokes aside, he's written arguably all the worst episodes in the entire anime ever since starting to work with SM (including BW, at least those didn't have such nonsensical deus ex machinas). Why doesn't anyone notice that and shaft him? He probably doesn't even know how Pokemon battles are even supposed to work.

Likely because they didn't realize how bad of a backlash his battles would end up getting. However, I think the outrage caused by the Rowlet incident will make them keep him away from battles in episodes produced from now on.
This, you'd think they'd notice the Rowlet backlash... much less the Mimikyu trial or Hapu's Grand Trial.

I think you all are overestimating the "backlash" his battle episodes received. So a bunch of 30 year olds are going on a message board to complain about an episode they all bootlegged in the first place. Why should the showrunners give a shit?

Last edited:
Also, most of the backlash was about Satoshi's fake defeat, which clearly not a story decision he made up himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom