• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Oh the horror of rosterization. Not like transferring itself is taken out

While the rosterization of Pokémon will probably become annoying at worst, the fact that one cannot transfer all the Pokémon they want, and thus have to pay subscription for Home even though they don’t want to, is a bit more problematic since it’s a one way service except with SwSh. Pokémon may be locked in Home while their owner pays a subscription they don’t want to. And while it’s just bits of data and a small fee, to some people that matters a lot. Unless Home provides some fantastic services it may be frustrating for those people.

Heck you even need to by a pokeball controller for Swsh, cause if Mew is in the DeX, then he's transferable.

Mew is confirmed to be in the Dex according to Serebii. However, I don’t think that any statement has come out saying that only the Mew from the Pokéball Plus is transferable to SwSh.

So, either people accept the change, or they're whining, and throwing a tantrum, and demanding condolences...

At one point, they compared it to criminal harassment. :cautious:

They really don't need a reply every time they make a post like that.

After giving it some more thought, I realized why I’m actually against Dexit. It’s not about rotating rosters for me, but rather the fact that Game Freak’s refusal to patch in stuff in addition to the new policy means that each pair of games can only communicate with those pair of games. We’ll never get to see SwSh communicate with the potential DPPt remakes because the regional Pokédex of Galar and Sinnoh won’t have a lot of overlap; every region and pair of games will be separated from one another even in the same generation.

Ever since Gen 6, we’ve been getting less and less compatibility between games of the same generation due to Game Freak not wanting to patch the games. With Dexit and a refusal to patch the games, we’re at the point where compatibility between games are virtually non-existent!

Home really needs to have something more than trading at this point, as this thread and many arguments made in regards to the subject is proof enough that Dexit has only served to divide the fanbase.
the games have been less and less compatible since, ironically, Platinum. every game since then has had the same amount of intra-generational compatibility; that is, you can do whatever you want together so long as it doesn't include something in the older game. SwSh would be the first time that intra-generational games aren't compatible at all. theoretically, at least.

and i think on top of that there's a necessary degree of nuance. if the Gen 4 remakes come out a year after SwSh, then yeah there's probably a case for frustration. but if Game Freak's interest in slowing down with Pokemon is any indication, it might be that the Gen 4 remakes or whatever their next game is comes out maybe three years from now. in this case though i don't think the frustration would be unwarranted, the bulk of players have either moved on to another game entirely or are ready to move on to the next Pokemon game. so although they may not have compatibility, the bulk of players aren't on SwSh anymore anyways, rendering it kind of a moot point for most.

I think the dexit also has to do with the camp feature that is in the game. With over 800 Pokemon, it would be a huge task to create animations for each Pokemon. Perhaps there are unique animations that are specific to the Camp thing.

I think the dexit also has to do with the camp feature that is in the game. With over 800 Pokemon, it would be a huge task to create animations for each Pokemon. Perhaps there are unique animations that are specific to the Camp thing.

....There is the matter of Amie that will be brought up

Judging by the depictions of Camp, it looks like most, if not all, animations for old Pokémon are recycled from Amie/Refresh. I don’t think we’ll see a sizable amount of new animations for old Pokémon, certainly not enough to cause Dexit.

We do have the new feather toy and ball, though, which might introduce some more interactions? I still don't think that'd be worth a dex cut instead of just taking longer (especially since other animations didn't seem to have a large workload), but there's hopefully some more being added.

Ever heard of the freedom of speech?

This is a company. Game freak isn't a charity. Game freak isn't your family. They aren't doing you favors by giving an incomplete or rushed product. Whoever made this thread is exercising their rights.

We do have the new feather toy and ball, though, which might introduce some more interactions? I still don't think that'd be worth a dex cut instead of just taking longer (especially since other animations didn't seem to have a large workload), but there's hopefully some more being added.

I did notice there was this bit where a Zigzagoon grabs onto the bouncy ball with its mouth and starts carrying it, which is a level of environmental interaction that I don't think would have precedence in Amie or Refresh, yeah?

I don’t disagree that the camp models could potentially have been a huge undertaking for GF if every Pokémon truly does get new animations for it. But I have a hard time believing they would sacrifice including every Pokémon in the coding just to make a select group of them more lively in a side mode. Surely they would have a better idea which of the two the fandom would prefer although to be fair I can’t speak for everyone.

Ever heard of the freedom of speech?

This is a company. Game freak isn't a charity. Game freak isn't your family. They aren't doing you favors by giving an incomplete or rushed product. Whoever made this thread is exercising their rights.
...Who is this comment is directed towards?

When the news broke about this, almost all of the excitement and good will I had for the new games instantly vanished. Especially so soon after the Pokemon Home announcement where they acknowledged how many people hold specific Pokemon of theirs near and dear to their heart. Which is a real shame because everything up till then had me very much excited. I was really gonna buy a Switch just for Pokemon. But now, I just can't get excited about any new Pokemon they show because I'm too preoccupied with wondering whether my old favorites will be allowed in. Ironically, I've always praised Pokemon for being the one monster franchise that never cut any monsters out of any main series games. Guess I can't say that anymore.

It honestly does ruin a big part of Pokemon for me, and evidently for a lot of other people as well. And maybe you don't think so, maybe you think it's not worth getting upset over any of this. If that's you, fine, Pokemon is a big enough franchise that ten different people can find ten totally different things to love about it. What I really don't like is when people who don't care about the dex cuts call people who do care "whiny" or say they're "throwing tantrums" by voicing their complaints. Yes there are people who take things a step too far, this is the Internet after all. But you need to realize that Pokemon has always put a big emphasis on forming emotional attachments between players and their Pokemon, at least in theme and marketing if not in mechanics. Again, just look at the Home announcement where they talked about how people have moved certain Pokemon of theirs generation through generation for almost 20 years now, or at the new Camping feature that builds upon Refresh and Amie before it. To now suddenly take that away from people, of course they're going to be upset about it.

So yeah, this sucks a lot and I sincerely hope the massive backlash to it makes them rethink this decision. Whether that's in the form of free DLC for Sword and Shield (seriously I don't know why GameFreak seems so averse to patches in this day and age, even Nintendo has embraced post-release support nowadays), or adding them all to the inevitable third/sequel release, or adding them all in the gen 9... Honestly, if it's an issue of wanting to avoid crunch- which is 100% fair- they probably could just patch in the rest of the Pokedex in the time between the games' release and the release of Home. But it seems to me to mostly be an artistic/directorial decision, one that I- and apparently a lot of people- vehemently disagree with and think misses the whole point of Pokemon: the Pokemon themselves.

siiiigh Anyway, I've already decided that I'm not going to get Sword or Shield unless Banette is in, and even then I'll only be buying it used. Just to sort of say, "I still want to play your game, but I really don't like the direction you've decided to take it, so I won't be giving you any money for it directly." Vote with your wallet, as they say... as if that really makes a difference with a series that inevitably sells millions of copies with each release.

After giving it some more thought, I realized why I’m actually against Dexit. It’s not about rotating rosters for me, but rather the fact that Game Freak’s refusal to patch in stuff in addition to the new policy means that each pair of games can only communicate with those pair of games. We’ll never get to see SwSh communicate with the potential DPPt remakes because the regional Pokédex of Galar and Sinnoh won’t have a lot of overlap; every region and pair of games will be separated from one another even in the same generation.

Ever since Gen 6, we’ve been getting less and less compatibility between games of the same generation due to Game Freak not wanting to patch the games. With Dexit and a refusal to patch the games, we’re at the point where compatibility between games are virtually non-existent!

Home really needs to have something more than trading at this point, as this thread and many arguments made in regards to the subject is proof enough that Dexit has only served to divide the fanbase.
That's not necessarily true. GS could trade with RBY, you just had to have no Gen 2 introduced features in the party. Could also see the same thing happening with SwSh and future games, especially we can trade via Home.

seeing the poke camp animations I get why they had problems. A lot of movement there.

Since the regional dex thread was locked... I guess I'll post this here:

Such a sad state this dexit situation has become.

Since the regional dex thread was locked... I guess I'll post this here:

Such a sad state this dexit situation has become.
This is the only thing that embittered me towards Dexit, and made my opinion on Charizard even worse.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom