• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
imo it doesn't really look like an elephant, kinda just looks like a bigger teapot. There's no ears or tusks, and it looks like there is a handle (or some oddly shaped tail) on it's backside. Another thing to consider is that it could be a long-necked dinosaur sort of thing.
What if it turns into a kettle instead of staying a teapot?
Pot vs. Kettle

Tea kettles are the items used to actually heat the water needed to brew the tea. Most teapots are not designed to withstand the high heat required to heat the water inside, so a kettle is used instead. When the water is fully heated to the desired temperature, the water is poured from the kettle to the teapot, where the leaves are waiting to be brewed inside.
Teapots are where the actual brewing takes place. Tea pots can have infusers built into the pot, while other require an infuser to be purchased and used separately.

Some teapots such as copper and electric models can possess the capability to both heat the water and brew the tea -- It just depends on each specific product.

the website this came from

hmmmm... the types I'd associate with with cooking is... fire, grass, fairy, and maybe poison? All those besides poison are taken though...
yeah i thought of poison too but couldn't think of another type and the only way i could imagine poison coming out of that is a bad recipe haha. but what if the curry raises certain stats? perhaps steel could come out of that. or maybe feeding it curry + holding some item. just throwing ideas out. it seems like this time the food/treat making seems to be more important and a bigger deal than in the past to me anyway. Also there is a curry dish called the Welsh Dragon Curry.

What if it turns into a kettle instead of staying a teapot?
Pot vs. Kettle

Tea kettles are the items used to actually heat the water needed to brew the tea. Most teapots are not designed to withstand the high heat required to heat the water inside, so a kettle is used instead. When the water is fully heated to the desired temperature, the water is poured from the kettle to the teapot, where the leaves are waiting to be brewed inside.
Teapots are where the actual brewing takes place. Tea pots can have infusers built into the pot, while other require an infuser to be purchased and used separately.

Some teapots such as copper and electric models can possess the capability to both heat the water and brew the tea -- It just depends on each specific product.

the website this came from
This idea of makes me think that the tea “elephant” we saw is actually a separate Water/Fire Pokémon that has a beneficial relationship with Polteageist. It just makes sense when you think about it.

This idea of makes me think that the tea “elephant” we saw is actually a separate Water/Fire Pokémon that has a beneficial relationship with Polteageist. It just makes sense when you think about it.
verison exclusive pokemon maybe?

probably not, if they were they'd have been revealed alongside each other.
drampa i think wasn't and was said it was later.

edit, it was Turtonator actually. he was shown Aug 18, 2016 but it wasn't stated he was version exclusive until Sept 20th 2016

Polteageist is honestly the most adorable thing I've ever seen :love: The first gen 8 mon that I liked instantly. Cramorant, on the other hand... It's just a regular bird? The bib was a clever design choice but the eyes are just. so. ugly. The barracuda is even worse.

I thought I had seen the last dope, simplistic and cartoony Pkmn with Bibarel...the bird PKMN and the fish are just ridiculous.
Polteageist is just unoriginal. I believe that Chandelure was way better accomplished in how they fused the creature with the object. In Poltea's case is just a tea pot with some creature filling. It just reminds me of Golurk. Also, the description will lead to some sexual allusion about tea and trainers tasting it!
Due to Alcremie, Sword & Shield is now Pokémon Cooking Mama.
This games are not exciting me at all, with each new reveal I have the reinforced feeling that I won't have any regrets in skipping these games and perhaps the Galar region. Just like Brexit, it seems a mess.

Polteageist is just unoriginal. I believe that Chandelure was way better accomplished in how they fused the creature with the object. In Poltea's case is just a tea pot with some creature filling.

Wouldn't it be more "unoriginal" to rely on the same design tactic every time? Surely it's more robust to have a range of approaches. Personally I think Polteageist is cute, and kinda funny - ghosts are constantly depicted as possessing objects metaphysically, but this is a bit more of a physical idea. It actually fills the teapot with its liquid body and manipulates it from within, while also repurposing it as a kind of armor, so it has a practical aspect as well.

It just reminds me of Golurk.

Uhh... how?

Also, the description will lead to some sexual allusion about tea and trainers tasting it!

Every Pokémon gets sexualized eventually.

I hope it evolves from a black tea pure Ghost type that upsets the stomach into a Ghost/Fairy sweet tea that replenishes your mind and body.

Wouldn't it be more "unoriginal" to rely on the same design tactic every time? Surely it's more robust to have a range of approaches. Personally I think Polteageist is cute, and kinda funny - ghosts are constantly depicted as possessing objects metaphysically, but this is a bit more of a physical idea. It actually fills the teapot with its liquid body and manipulates it from within, while also repurposing it as a kind of armor, so it has a practical aspect as well.

Uhh... how?

Every Pokémon gets sexualized eventually.
Poltea could have a better design...it's just a Ditto ghost tea (the idea of tea being a ghost or a ghost possesing tea is just weird) with arms and legs. It's tea but it doesn't even have leaks...The similarity with Golurk is in the round surface, cracks, not leaking and being ghost Pkmn.
Those people that usually complain about object PKMN won't even have an argument here because it's not the pot that is possed, it's tea. I can't wait for a region based on Cuba or Jamaica to have a cigar ghost PKMN and a marijuana marley ghost/plant.

I think Polteagiest (hope i spelled that right) is ok. colors are nice and I could see why people may really like it. it's just not particularly my cup of tea though. I don't dislike it though.
I mean there is more to it than a cluster of cracked seed/egg things.

Someone said there might be 105 variants of Alcremie. Is that true?
Depends on how the forms work.

If there are...
5 toppings
7 main body colors
3 types of highlights

Then multiply them together and yeah, you get 105 possible combinations for Alcremie.
I think it depends on if the highlight variations (white, pink, or none) are given to every Alcremie form. Oriden pointed out that some highlights may be exclusive to one flavor color or not present on a specific flavor color, which would make the total lower than 105.
Each body color could also double as a highlight, too, so there could even be 245 variations, I think.
---
Does anyone think some of the versions of Alcremie may be version exclusive? And what is your guess on how you get one version of Alcremie opposed to another? Surely they aren't all random encounters right?

What if they are like Spinda?
hmm idk. aren't spinda patterns completely random? so far it seems the colors and patterns are coming from the gigantamax form. It seems we are missing stars(bottom), and possibly bows if you count the very top.
edit and what if the two toned alcremies are from breeding two colors? :eek:

I thought I had seen the last dope, simplistic and cartoony Pkmn with Bibarel...the bird PKMN and the fish are just ridiculous.
Polteageist is just unoriginal. I believe that Chandelure was way better accomplished in how they fused the creature with the object. In Poltea's case is just a tea pot with some creature filling. It just reminds me of Golurk. Also, the description will lead to some sexual allusion about tea and trainers tasting it!
Due to Alcremie, Sword & Shield is now Pokémon Cooking Mama.
This games are not exciting me at all, with each new reveal I have the reinforced feeling that I won't have any regrets in skipping these games and perhaps the Galar region. Just like Brexit, it seems a mess.

Jeez, it’s not like literally anything and everything will never get lewded on the Internet. Rule 34 art of stuff happens no matter what, and is a really dumb reason to hate a Pokémon, to be honest. Yikes.

hmm idk. aren't spinda patterns completely random? so far it seems the colors and patterns are coming from the gigantamax form.

I’m assuming they meant that color, decoration, and highlights of the Alcremie are randomly determined from the possible pool of traits.

edit and what if the two toned alcremies are from breeding two colors? :eek:

I’d prefer it if every possible combination was available in the wild but I think it would be pretty cool if each trait was inherited in a specific way. So, for example, the tan and pink colors would be sorta co-dominant so breeding a tan Alcremie with a pink Alcremie would result in a tan Alcremie with pink highlights. For another example, pink and white would express incomplete dominance so the offspring of a pink parent and a white parent would be light pink rather than pink with white highlights.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom