• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the reason why they're not showing off the episode title here is because it will spoil the winner of the Alolan League.

Whatever they're keeping this secret for better be good...

Me, I'm hoping it'll pick up where SM140 leaves off with everyone vs. Guzzlord. We'll NEED something like that after a Fukijama 2-parter sure to sour the League finals.

Oh, and I'll bet even money that Shaymin turns into Sky Form for this party. (it damn well better)

What is even the point of hiding the winner of the Alola league? Because regardless of who wins, a lot of folks will be upset anyway; even if Ash wins some people will complain that Ash won a league that had no prerequisites and contained sub-par battles, and if Ash loses people will rage over the fact that he was beaten in the finals again and that the writers suck for not letting him win. I just can't see why dragging out the inevitable would make a difference when you consider that usually 99% of major events in this anime get spoiled weeks/months in advance.

What is even the point of hiding the winner of the Alola league? Because regardless of who wins, a lot of folks will be upset anyway; even if Ash wins some people will complain that Ash won a league that had no prerequisites and contained sub-par battles, and if Ash loses people will rage over the fact that he was beaten in the finals again and that the writers suck for not letting him win. I just can't see why dragging out the inevitable would make a difference when you consider that usually 99% of major events in this anime get spoiled weeks/months in advance.
There's a contest going on in which the people that guess the winner are put in a raffle for a trip to Hawaii

If he wins in a well written manner, the outrage won't be as big... just some generic Ash hating circlejerkers at best. Now if Ash wins in the same manner he won against Hapu or Hau, then we'll have a real problem.

And since it's Fuji, that possibility is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Is this the first time they skip an episode's title reveal and go straight to the next one? I don't recall this sort of gap happening ever before.

Not happening. Ash didn't technically cheat to win, so his win counts as a legitimate one.
Stopping the match to cure your Pokemon's status ailment (waking up Rowlet) is cheating in my book. Hau could have used any attack to finish him off when he was asleep but didn't because the match was called. It wasn't Ash's fault but Hau really did earn that win.

Last edited:
If he wins in a well written manner, the outrage won't be as big... just some generic Ash hating circlejerkers at best. Now if Ash wins in the same manner he won against Hapu or Hau, then we'll have a real problem.

And since it's Fuji, that possibility is not out of the question.
A deus ex machina win would destroy the reputation of the SM for good. Gladion winning would still anger those who waited 22 years for Ash to win, but a the same time, it would be seen as justice to Hau for losing via "SOS Rest". Ash losing, and us learning on September 29 that the series will be rebooted will destroy the reputation of the anime in general.

I'm predicting that Gladion will win, but here has been a lot of shake-ups to the status quo lately. The odds of Ash winning this league are boosted from 0.0001% to a whooping 1%. But whether legitimately or through another deus ex machina that Fujisaku loves doing is the main question.

But this is mainly about SM141, guys. How it relates to Gladion (or Ash) winning has not been confirmed yet.

Stopping the match to cure your Pokemon's status ailment (waking up Rowlet) is cheating in my book. Hau could have used any attack attack to finish him off when he was asleep but didn't because the match was called. It wasn't Ash's fault but Hau really did earn that win.
It wasn't a status condition, since it wasn't inflicted through a move.

Rowlet hasn't been disobedient. It just has a tendency to sleep a lot.
Sleeping was a direct disregard of orders though.

Either Rowlet is disobedient or needs urgent treatment for narcolepsy, because it’s pretty clear that sleeping is interfering with the poor thing's daily functioning and falls asleep even when it doesn’t want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom