• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to like Charizard but i hate it right now. It has two megas, showed up in B&W series, Alain used one in XY&Z, now our new champion has one as an ace. If charizad will have a new gigantamax form on top of everything i will lose it. And the things are the same for the pikachu. I love it but GameFreak is making me hate that cute little electric mouse. So fan-service must stop for these two and plus mewtwo.

It's the same logic. Popularity of the two is enough to provide fanservice for them to get new forms. In other words, they're exceptions.
But popularity wasn’t enough for them to be exceptions for Megas, which is the line of “rules” you were using to define G-Max. If G-Max were using the same rules as Megas, there would be no exceptions.

That and it already has a Gigantamax form, which I'm sure follows the rules of Megas that only final forms or single stage get them.

Weren't Megas implied to be limited to Pokemon that can't evolve further back in their announcement, though?

Gigantamax hasn't even been implied to be limited, and even if Pikachu and Meowth are getting one due to popularity, it still opens up the doors for more NFE Pokenon getting a Gigantamax form.

But popularity wasn’t enough for them to be exceptions for Megas, which is the line of “rules” you were using to define G-Max. If G-Max were using the same rules as Megas, there would be no exceptions.
To be fair, a Mega Evolved Pikachu wouldn't be a Pikachu anymore, it would be something else. According to the leak, Pikachu's G-Max form is just retro Pikachu.

To be fair, a Mega Evolved Pikachu wouldn't be a Pikachu anymore, it would be something else. According to the leak, Pikachu's G-Max form is just retro Pikachu.
Not sure I follow. A G-Max Pikachu is “G-Max Pikachu” whose appearance is described as retro Pikachu. A Mega Pikachu would just be “Mega Pikachu”.

Not gonna lie. The Crazy Cat Pokemon Lady in me has the dumbest smile over the thought of a giant meowth form.

And the thought of a giant charizard form would probably amp my OC who has a shiny one to the furthest of ultra wormholes in ultra space. But even as a fan of the Charmander line from the beginning I'm like. Stop. Stop please. Everyone already hates my baby. STOP MAKING HIM GO OUT LIKE A PINATA.

Not gonna lie. The Crazy Cat Pokemon Lady in me has the dumbest smile over the thought of a giant meowth form.

And the thought of a giant charizard form would probably amp my OC who has a shiny one to the furthest of ultra wormholes in ultra space. But even as a fan of the Charmander line from the beginning I'm like. Stop. Stop please. Everyone already hates my baby. STOP MAKING HIM GO OUT LIKE A PINATA.
Charmander can't help the fact that it's the best starter. ;P

My "only one Pokémon" playthroughs say otherwise. Damn Stone Edge and Sturdy.
XP Oh I don't care about how it is battle-wise- for fan appeal, Charmander is clearly the best.

Though one could argue that it essentially being hardmode makes it even better- if you have a badass Charizard then you really have a badass Charizard. He overcame the odds to kick that much butt.

Not sure I follow. A G-Max Pikachu is “G-Max Pikachu” whose appearance is described as retro Pikachu. A Mega Pikachu would just be “Mega Pikachu”.
I was thinking that they need to give it a new design, so it wouldn't look like Pikachu anymore. But you're right, they can give it a Mega Evolution that look like retro Pikachu if they really want.

Even as a Charizard lover, I admit he's the hardest pokemon to use in a playthrough of Kanto.
Not just Kanto. I did one with Charizard for every game. Kukui almost left me in tears due to the frequency in which he OHKO'd Charizard with Lycanroc. Or the times I faced a Pokémon with Sturdy only to counter with a Rock move. Using Charizard in the way I did was more or less playing in Hard Mode.

Unfortunately, Charmander and Charizard are two of the most popular Pokemon so that makes them more likely to be fanserviced with additional stuff and tons of promotion.

Like. Everybody likes starter Pokemon. They're all very popular and marketable. But I don't think any of their base forms come anywhere close to being as popular as Charmander, and none of the evolutions are nearly as popular as Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom