• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate Charizard. I've never actually understood the hype and I wish they'd stop forcing it into everything. Which is exactly why we're where we are now, because of their inability to not promote it over everything else.
It's a fire breathing dragon. Believe it or not, people just find that cool

I'm okay with Charmendar/Charizard but I always remembered being more Squirtle - Wartortle - Blastoise fan growing up.

Why poor us? Because we like something you don't like? It always hilarious hearing people complain about popular pokemon getting promoted all the time.

Think of Charizard as the sexy-women-in-an-action-thriller of the Pokémon series. At times the (often excessive) fan service is nice but more often than not it’s unnecessary and a smidge annoying, at least in my opinion.

Though, I think (and hope) that Charizard being Leon’s ace is about more than just fan service. Maybe Leon is trying to emulate Red and/or Lance because they’re famous and powerful trainers. Maybe Leon only uses Charizard because it’s popular and he and/or his sponsors care a lot about his image, fearing it would be hurt if he used a more unsightly Pokémon like Duraludon.

Think of Charizard as the sexy-women-in-an-action-thriller of the Pokémon series. At times the (often excessive) fan service is nice but more often than not it’s unnecessary and a smidge annoying, at least in my opinion.
Replace "action thriller" with "fighting game" and you have something that has annoyed me a lot about the genre.

Why poor us? Because we like something you don't like? It always hilarious hearing people complain about popular pokemon getting promoted all the time.
Yes because you like something I don't. There's a difference between being promoted for popularity and being annoyingly overrated. I'm not gonna rebound on my dislike for it and I'm gonna keep expressing it.

Yeah i never understood the charizard hype
i always picked squirtle

The rational me gets it; aside from nostalgia, its a dragon and it looks “cool”. And its design is basic enough that even people who aren’t into the franchise can enjoy it. Throw all that into a blender and it makes for a very marketable Pokémon.

It just becomes annoying when it continuously gets special treatment; especially since I’m a Bulbasaur fan (I always waffle on my favorite ‘mon/starter, but if I had a gun to my head, I’d have to admit that its my favorite of all time).

I like the first and second stage of Squirtle and Bulbasaur better than charmander and charmeleon, but not their final evolutions. I use to like Blastoise, but now the cannons feel really out of place. Charizard is my favorite of the trio because its design is simple and clean and the most slender. For some reason, I'm a bit turned off by bulky pokemon. I guess because I have a hard time picturing how they would move quickly to dodge attacks.

I also like the color scheme and the fact that it has lizard-like features. I wouldn't put it in my top 20 or even my top 50, but its definitely my favorite fully evolved fire starter.

In my playthroughs of Leaf Green I would always teach it fly so I didn't have to catch one of the generic normal/flying bird pokemon. (I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom