• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this isn't the case. Lillie had her spotlight to shine, and Serena and Mallow are for me the most boring girls the anime has to over. I want to see something fresh done with a girl companion for once.

Last edited:
Here are the past PokeCalendars for reference. I'm trying to look up the previous ones in the meantime.

EDyZeaHWsAIu0Gq

EDyZeaHXkAEcKef

EDyZeaeX4AA9T8U

They wouldn't put in Snowy, Sylveon and Shaymin in the calendar if this was suppose to be a re-imagining, reboot or remake of the series (should've been like the 2017 calendar showcases by having just Pikachu and the Alolan starters). It translation never said anything about that apart from it having all 8 Regions in it. People are only jumping on this being a reboot because of the title being similar to the AU Ash Movies, despite not giving account to the other titles that go along with it like ''Pokemon I Choose You'' and ''The Power of Us''. They're just calling it ''Pocket Monsters'' to show that everyone is here, all is complete. It's a dedication to all that have watched their series for the past 23 years, from past to future.

[URL="https://archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1567/77/1567779836528.jpg"]https://forums.bulbagarden.net/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Farchive-media-0.nyafuu.org%2Fvp%2Fimage%2F1567%2F77%2F1567779836528.jpg&hash=a218466d21d1f70a766bda78140c74bb[/URL]

Last edited:
I'm hoping this is the case. Lillie had her spotlight to shine, and Serena and Mallow are for me the most boring girls the anime has to over. I want to see something fresh done with a girl companion for once.
I would also prefer that they have Ash travel with new companions over old ones.

Considering the nostalgia pandering lately, I wouldn't be surprised if only Brock and Misty return out of his old companions.
Gen 7 with Sun and Moon was only the testing of waters and to commemorate Pokemon's 20th anniversary with Kanto. No wonder they didn't go with the original idea for M20 or have any more regions in SM, they just wanted to see the audience's reaction. And after the positive views, it's become obvious to see that with the Gen 8 anime they will be doing the whole caboodle with bringing back the other old companions in their own Regions (Misty and Brock in Kanto and Johto, May and Max in Hoenn, Dawn in Sinnoh, Iris and Cilan in Unova, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie in Kalos, Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles in Alola.) as well as the new companions Ash will be with for his journey in Galar.

Last edited:
Again, that calendar shows that this TV series will continue regardless of logo. You've got to remember that M20 came out July 2017, after SM first aired in November 2016 (8 months prior). It was clearly too late for them to change the SM logo at the time to suite the new movie one. And with there being plans to have Ash reunited with his old companions for the original draft, I could see them saving that for the new anime series with the new logo.

I am seeing this through business practice as well as what we have as clues and evidence.

What? It doesn't take much time to change the logo and the movies had been in production for a while. They made that logo different to emphasize that the movies were in a separate continuity from the main stream saga.

Using it while staying in the old continuity just doesn't make much sense IMO.

What? It doesn't take much time to change the logo and the movies had been in production for while. They made that logo different to emphasize that the movies were in a separate continuity from the main stream saga.

Using it while staying in the old continuity just doesn't make much sense IMO.
to you it doesn't, but to me, it somehow does.

You're being too optimistic if you think that all the past companions are coming back.

Oh what's the use of acting like a broken record with you. You obviously don't believe in patterns and theories that seems too obvious and make logical sense at proper glampse.

to you it doesn't, but to me, it somehow does.

Oh what's the use of acting like a broken record with you. You obviously don't believe in patterns and theories that seems too obvious and make logical sense at proper glampse.
You're the one who doesn't make sense. Using the M20 logo while still in the old continuity makes absolutely no sense. That logo was used for the purpose of telling people that M20 is in a different continuity from the rest of the series.

You're the one who doesn't make sense. Using the M20 logo while still in the old continuity makes absolutely no sense. That logo was used for the purpose of telling people that M20 is in a different continuity from the rest of the series.
And yet the old companions are seen in Pokemon I Choose You's credits, so what's the point?

And yet the old companions are seen in Pokemon I Choose You's credits, so what's the point?
However, if they go the reboot route, they might have completely different Pokemon and experiences. They would be old characters only in name, appearance, and some personality aspects.

However, if they go the reboot route, they might have completely different Pokemon and experiences. They would be old characters only in name, appearance, and some personality aspects.
how many more times... it NEVER said ANYTHING about it being a Reboot, Remake or Retelling. Just that it will have all 8 Regions in it.

Here are the past PokeCalendars for reference. I'm trying to look up the previous ones in the meantime.

EDyZeaHWsAIu0Gq

EDyZeaHXkAEcKef

EDyZeaeX4AA9T8U

And here are two more. Notice that they feature Pokemon like Munna, Zorua, Klink, Darumaka and Minccino, Pokemon that were never in the main cast. You'd think that this were a sign that the official calendars can feature whichever Pokemon the makers want without them hinting at anything in particular.

And here are two more. Notice that they feature Pokemon like Munna, Zorua, Klink, Darumaka and Minccino, Pokemon that were never in the main cast. You'd think that this were a sign that the official calendars can feature whichever Pokemon the makers want without them hinting at anything in particular.
That was back in 2011 and 2012, almost 10 years ago, times have changed since then when showcasing the Pokemon for the calenders. 2011 was when Black and White was coming out, and is enough to guess which Pokemon would belong to whom Whilst 2012 is when we know the Pokemon are established. What makes the 2020 one different is that it features Pokemon that were already established and owned by past characters (Snowy, Sylveon and Shaymin). And with this talk about the new series being based on all 7 Regions as well as Galar, and this scrapped idea for M20, it's quite obvious at this point to why they've decided to showcase these Pokemon like this this time around.

Last edited:
Actually, most of those belonged to the cast, whether main or side. Munna belonged to that dream scientist, Zorua to one of the rivals. I can't recall Klink and Darumaka, need to check the wiki to refresh my memory. Minccino belonged to Bianca.

Resh/Zek were legendary mascots, Victini would have been movie promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom