• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they'll get rid of Ash in the SwSh series, even in the unlikely event he wins the Alola League. This will confuse the intended audience of mainly children. Getting rid of him after Gladion wins the league will destroy the legacy of this anime, too, by showing 22 years of Ash getting nowhere, and then the anime being rebooted without him winning a single league, will render the anime in general a shaggy dog story, and cause a bigger backlash than the Kalos League.

But what's better anyway? Keeping the cycle of league losses ongoing for another 22 or more years, or letting Ash win so we can finally get rid of him? I'm hoping to see the SwSh series be the next level for Ash on his route to become a master, but that depends on if the writers let him win the Alola League. Which I doubt. Another BW reset would be worse than a reboot without him.

There's also the matter if Ash loses to Gladion, it wastes the story set up of Ash's rematch with Masked Royal.
This wouldn't be the first time the writers hyped up a potential battle that never came to be. There were hype for Ash vs. Gary in the Kanto League, and then Ash vs. Virgil in the Unova League. Both never happened, though the former was made up for it in Johto.

At least it'll have great animation.

An lo, Zoroark unleashed its fury at never battling in the anime before...
(seriously, it's mind boggling that we've NEVER seen a Zoroark in battle before now o_O)

(seriously, it's mind boggling that we've NEVER seen a Zoroark in battle before now o_O)

And by that, you mean with another trainer, right? Because, if you've seen Zoroark, Master of Illusions, then you get to see a Zoroark do battle.

I doubt they'll get rid of Ash in the SwSh series, even in the unlikely event he wins the Alola League. This will confuse the intended audience of mainly children. Getting rid of him after Gladion wins the league will destroy the legacy of this anime, too, by showing 22 years of Ash getting nowhere, and then the anime being rebooted without him winning a single league, will render the anime in general a shaggy dog story, and cause a bigger backlash than the Kalos League.

But what's better anyway? Keeping the cycle of league losses ongoing for another 22 or more years, or letting Ash win so we can finally get rid of him? I'm hoping to see the SwSh series be the next level for Ash on his route to become a master, but that depends on if the writers let him win the Alola League. Which I doubt. Another BW reset would be worse than a reboot without him.

How about this? Ash wins the Alola League and still continue on his journey to Galar or whatever region awaits him. Again, nobody on the anime team said that winning the League makes you a Pokémon Master. The journey ends with Ash becoming a Pokémon Master. And do you honestly think Ash will see himself as a Pokémon Master if there are more regions to explore, more Pokémon to catch, and more opponents to face?

Last edited:
This is the definition of the word objective according to Oxford: "(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts"! And this is what they define subjective as: "Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions"! So, by the words' actual definitions, my statements are objective, as they are based on information that is provable and can be measured and aren't influenced by my feeling and emotions
No. Your opinions are not facts. Sad but true.

No. Your opinions are not facts.

:bulbaFacepalm:

Okay, let's ignore for a second the fact that the actual definition of the word "objective" doesn't equate it the the words "fact" or "irrefutable" and their synonyms, nor does it even mention or imply that. Let's just throw the meaning of this word out the window for a short second. Doesn't the fact that I say that my statements, while objective, can be wrong or have even been wrong in the past not count for anything? Does the fact that I don't believe that my objective opinions are facts that can't be disproved, nor do I tell you or anyone else to treat them like undeniable facts, not matter? It the fact that I even claim in that same sentence (right after it cuts out in your quote) I say: "That doesn't make my statements automatically undeniable, nor does it imply that; undeniability isn't even implied by the actual definition! And if you believe that what I've said is inaccurate or incorrect, then you are more than welcome to prove to me why that is the case!" (which is me saying that my statements, while objective, aren't automatically indisputable facts, nor do I believe them to be) matter at all?

Okay, let's ignore for a second the fact that the actual definition of the word "objective" doesn't equate it the the words "fact" or "irrefutable" and their synonyms, nor does it even mention or imply that.
not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts

If you just keep saying same false statement in reworded wall of texts, I don't see any merit or worth in this discussion.

Next weekend, can't come soon enough. We'll see once and for all of Ash wins or not. But regardless, SM has been such a trip to me that I'm especially wondering how the final episodes will shape to look like.
We don't needed to wait until Sunday to see who won. Because, in Friday they will spoil everything with the special preview. If Gladion or Ash walked out. Then, we already know the result. Just like the one from episode 137. Guzma walked off and his gang member waiting for him, before moving on.

How about this? Ash wins the Alola League and still continue on his journey to Galar or whatever region awaits him. Again, nobody on the anime team said that winning the League makes you a Pokémon Master. The journey ends with Ash becoming a Pokémon Master. And do you honestly think Ash will see himself as a Pokémon Master if there are more regions to explore, more Pokémon to catch, and more opponents to face?
That was a point of my comment. If Ash wins the Alola League, nothing should stop him from taking part in the Galar League. League wins are mainly prestige, and a sign that Ash is advancing to his goal of Pokémon Master.

I have a question here; does anyone know the story of the animation director for this episode, Reina Yamazaki, and why he’s so good? I mean, I tried looking up info about him, and all I got was that he was involved in a couple of scenes for this series and was the head animation director for episode 130. Based on the preview, the fact that he’s handling such an animation heavy episode so well from what I presume is very little experience makes me wonder what his story is to get him to this point.

Let me tell you something, the animators and writer doesn't care about any of there. As long as they got paid to do their job and this episode is another proved reason. Why they needed Ash to get another L once more. It is the tradition of the cycle that continuously forever to let the show goes on until they don't have anymore idea to produced more stuff. As for getting backlash is only temporarily, just awhile later and everything will be back to normal.

Let me tell you something, the animators and writer doesn't care about any of there. As long as they got paid to do their job and this episode is another proved reason. Why they needed Ash to get another L once more. It is the tradition of the cycle that continuously forever to let the show goes on until they don't have anymore idea to produced more stuff. As for getting backlash is only temporarily, just awhile later and everything will be back to normal.
Not all controversies fade into oblivion over time. You still can't bring up Porygon, Jynx, Kadabra, and the change in voice actors in 2006 without triggering a flame war even in 2019. If the writers decide to have Ash continue losing leagues over the coming centuries, it won't help the reputation. Even if they don't care about the increasing negative reception, how many shows continued on after their ratings hit rock bottom?

They may not care about their fans but they do need to care about their reputation and stocks. After what happened with XY's finals, their stocks literally had a steep drop, I doubt any smart businessman would risk it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom