• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I started to think about this future remake.

Have you seen the new zelda remake?
I'm just imagining a pokemon game with this graphic styles.

I have a feeling that the reason they didn't combine the two has nothing to do with customization, 5th gen didn't have customization either and they had a combined Center/Mart. It's probably just because they just don't know what to do with the extra space in cities if they removed the Marts, they'd either have to find something else to fill it with in every city in the game or just leave a glaring empty space in every city in the game. They probably see it as too much work and just prefer to keep the city designs the same.

If they merge the two (Mart and Center) in a remake I don't think it's because of customisation and I also think they won't advance with the merging because of lack of ideas of what to do with the land. In ASOR, they removed a great number of trees that were to used in GBA to fill the background of areas not explorable and just kept it with patches of decorative grass and flowers with an occasional pair of trees.
Aside from Veilstone's Mart, I can see them make the merge due to limited space. It'll depend on the person responsible for the remakes and the mindset. I think that HGSS was an almost perfect job while ASOR left much to desire, so who knows what comes out of a Sinnoh remake!?
Back on the subject of customisation, I liked Lucas and namely Dawn in her Diamond outfit, so I'd love to play their (updated) story.

Last edited:
If they merge the two (Mart and Center) in a remake I don't think it's because of customisation and I also think they won't advance with the merging because of lack of ideas of what to do with the land. In ASOR, they removed a great number of trees that were to used in GBA to fill the background of areas not explorable and just kept it with patches of decorative grass and flowers with an occasional pair of trees.
Aside from Veilstone's Mart, I can see them make the merge due to limited space. It'll depend on the person responsible for the remakes and the mindset. I think that HGSS was an almost perfect job while ASOR left much to desire, so who knows what comes out of a Sinnoh remake!?
Back on the subject of customisation, I liked Lucas and namely Pearl in her Diamond outfit, so I'd love to play their (updated) story.
Diamond is the male player
Pearl is the Rival
Platinum is the female player

As for ORAS, I remember seeing in one route where when you see My Chimney in the distance, is just a canvas wall, as if this is all taking place within a building.

Perhaps with the Gen 4 Remake, they will hugely improve with the Gen 8 world-like scene.

I liked ORAS.

And nobody can change my mind about how perfect it is.

Which is why I'm not posting one of those "change my mind" memes.

Say, does anyone think it’s possible that Game Freak might rebrand/redesign the Dynamax mechanic for Sinnoh so that it feels less intrusive? For example, instead of just inserting Giant Pokémon into Sinnoh with the red poo clouds, you’d have your Pokémon surrounded by and utilizing aura that looks different depending on either type or egg group. In addition, aura as a concept was actually introduced in the Sinnoh games.

Same. I prefer it over Emerald, mostly because, aside from the Battle Frontier (that I don't care about), it really doesn't have much against ORAS.
I didn't much care about Battle Frontier anyway. My hopes is for the Gen 4 Remake regardless, since 1. That is the first Gen games I officially owned, and 2. the DS by now in marketing has had it's days. There's also evidence that it'll be out in 2020 from Pokeshopper having info of a lot of Sinnoh merchandising for that year, which he's going to post and explain for a future video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom