• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Breeding in Sword & Shield

I hope that you can search for Pokémon based on egg groups in the PC, and that you can view a Pokémon’s egg groups in their status screen. This would make breeding easier as I wouldn’t have to check Bulbapedia any time I wanted to breed two different Pokémon whose egg groups I was unsure of.

I also would like it if Pokéballs and Hidden Abilities can also be passed down to offspring if the two parents are related in some way, such as by evolution or relationship (think Volbeat and Illumise). Having fathers be able to pass down their HAs as long as they’re related to the mother would be nice too. So a male Vital Spirit Magmar could pass down his hidden ability and Pokéball even when bred with a female Flame Body Magmortor, for example.

Lastly, I’d like it if you could bred Ditto if you put two Ditto or a Ditto and a breedable, non-Ditto Pokémon that’s holding a Metal Powder in the daycare. Even if only the non-Ditto parent has their hidden ability, the resulting Ditto offspring could have Imposter. This would make it so much easier to obtain 6IV Ditto, including ones with their HA.

I think the breeding system in UsUm is already quite polished. Especially the way you get good IV's. I hope SwSh don't make it harder to obtain Pokémon with good IV's. A substitute for hyper training, or its return, would also be appreciated.

Since Ditto is officially confirmed to be in the Galar Dex, we can finally put to rest concerns that the games will for some reason scrap breeding.

Since Ditto is officially confirmed to be in the Galar Dex, we can finally put to rest concerns that the games will for some reason scrap breeding.
Thank goodness!

On another note, I wonder if the factor that allows a Pokémon to Gigantamax can be bred. Let’s hope that’s the case!

Breeding is a cornerstone of the main series; how people could even think it would be scrapped is beyond me. But, oh well, we have gotten Ditto again indeed.

It is nice that breeding is quite likely to remain. Still, hope it remains as it is or better. For instance, it would be nice to breed multiple Pokemon at the same time or have the eggs hatch without them being at the party.

Breeding is a cornerstone of the main series; how people could even think it would be scrapped is beyond me.

I think it is because since the Dexit announcement, many of us have realized the kind of decisions Gamefreak can take. Most of us did not expect the Dexit, and yet here we are. If the Pokémon themselves can receive these changes, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. It might be a little exaggerated maybe, but there is a precedent.

It is nice that breeding is quite likely to remain. Still, hope it remains as it is or better. For instance, it would be nice to breed multiple Pokemon at the same time or have the eggs hatch without them being at the party.

I think it is because since the Dexit announcement, many of us have realized the kind of decisions Gamefreak can take. Most of us did not expect the Dexit, and yet here we are. If the Pokémon themselves can receive these changes, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. It might be a little exaggerated maybe, but there is a precedent.
Exaggeration is an euphemism. Both situations would be hugely incomparable. One is a decision based on the amount of animation-work that has to be done, while breeding is a mechanic, code-based mostly.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom