• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
in-thread fanart reminder 8/9
Quick reminder to include sources to any fanart you post. The original artists will appreciate it :D
-
Apologies in advance if it's already been discussed here but...

unknownwater.jpg

Found this on Serebii... any thoughts on this? I hope Impidimp evolves into it. It's terrifying and I love every piece of it. Imagine wandering the region at night, wondering if you should set up camp. Then you see something in the corner of your eye. You look around and can't see anything unusual so you keep walking. You find a nice place to settle in for the night and get everything set up. Then you drift off to sleep, only to be awoken by rustling soon after. You unzip your tent and the last thing you see before everything fades to white is a spiky silhouette turning to face you.
The head reminds me of Fraxure, specifically the growths on the side of its head. Looks like it has a horn like Rhydon's and a mohawk, not to mention the bottom half looks too small for its torso. Also those fingers/claw are humongous. Odd design, but it's probably much better up close.

Do you people like food based pokémon that much? I have seen people here talking about Alcreamie, and I didn't see anyone that dislike it so far (only me XD).

Oh I feel like it's a very weak design tbh. It looks like some Sanrio embellishment to me.

I love object based Pokemon on principle. Polteageist is very good and so is Alcremie.

So what's gonna be the other legendaries in this game?
I mean like the Legendary Birds, The Beasts, The Regis, The lake guardians, The forces of Nature, and the Island deities.
Could they be An elemental legendary quartet?
A Directional Quartet? (North, South, etc.)
Or a fire and ice duo?
Jack Frost & A Welsh Dragon?
A Black dog Pokemon, electric/dark?
Regular Pokemon:
A magician Pokemon that is pure psychic.

I had an idea that Polteageist could get different skins like Alcremie. Not as many though... More in the vein of Flabebe colors. There most assuredly isn't one color of teapot in Galar, and it'd be quite easy to apply a few different colors/designs as different skins on its model. What does everyone else think?

I wouldn't mind different types of tea as well, like Green tea in a different skin, a Darjeeling type or Builder's would be nice too. Assuming they'd want to go all out with the tea.

Still wanting a hummingbird pokemon so I thought i'd look to see if the UK has any and what they may look like, but I found this instead. I kinda wonder if maybe we could get a pokemon based on the hummingbird hawkmoth. maybe it could be the regional bug we are missing.
Website of the constant mistake of hummingbirds in the UK

Still wanting a hummingbird pokemon so I thought i'd look to see if the UK has any and what they may look like, but I found this instead. I kinda wonder if maybe we could get a pokemon based on the hummingbird hawkmoth. maybe it could be the regional bug we are missing.
Website of the constant mistake of hummingbirds in the UK

Huh, that’s pretty cute. Hopefully it’ll be a Pokémon someday.

The regional bug could be a Bug/Dark cockroach, we need another cockroach pokemon.
The bird should be a hummingbird, I agree.
Could this one work?
i like that art alot, but the UK doesn't have hummingbirds and gamefreak recently commented that they are trying to make pokemon that appear in regions from now on to make sense. the uk have have hummingbird hawkmoths. it is a bug that is about the same size as a hummingbird and hovers like hummingbirds. they are mistaken for hummingbirds alot.

i like that art alot, but the UK doesn't have hummingbirds and gamefreak recently commented that they are trying to make pokemon that appear in regions from now on to make sense. the uk have have hummingbird hawkmoths. it is a bug that is about the same size as a hummingbird and hovers like hummingbirds. they are mistaken for hummingbirds alot.
Hmm, that could work.
I'm still having my cockroach.

I wouldn't mind different types of tea as well, like Green tea in a different skin, a Darjeeling type or Builder's would be nice too. Assuming they'd want to go all out with the tea.
I would love that, but it seems unlikely with its classification as the "Black Tea Pokémon" and not just "Tea Pokémon".

gamefreak recently commented that they are trying to make pokemon that appear in regions from now on to make sense.

Considering the fact that Hawlucha, Hippowdon, and Ludicolo can be found in Galar, I don’t think GameFreak cares all that much about matching Pokémon to their environment. So I don’t think a hummingbird Pokémon is completely off the table.

Considering the fact that Hawlucha, Hippowdon, and Ludicolo can be found in Galar, I don’t think GameFreak cares all that much about matching Pokémon to their environment. So I don’t think a hummingbird Pokémon is completely off the table.
true, you give me hope :)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom