• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. It said that it's the Seventh Work in the Series. If it was a complete reboot or re-imagining, it would've said so, and would say ''it's the first of an entirely new series.'

Ok.

Then explain movie 20 and 21. Different continuity, yet still count as the 20th and 21st entry in the Pokemon movie universe.

I sincerely doubt the Pokémon Calendar means anything, it's just random Pokémon and just stock artwork. Scorbunny's look on the Calendar also looks way different from how it was revealed in the Teaser.
View: https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1171262541072236546?s=19

The trend appears to be putting story significant Pokemon on the cover but putting random assortments of Pokemon on the actual pages.

Attachments

• pm05calendar2.jpg
    pm05calendar2.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 268
  • pm06calendar3.jpg
    pm06calendar3.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 355
  • pm06calendar6.jpg
    pm06calendar6.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 110
The trend appears to be putting story significant Pokemon on the cover but putting random assortments of Pokemon on the actual pages.View attachment 124838View attachment 124839View attachment 124840
That's only the case with the 2nd and 3rd Year Calendar of the Respective Generation. The First Calendar doesn't give that much information. Unless if more information on the respective Anime was given before the Calendar comes out which I remember happening for Diamond & Pearl but not for XY, SM and the Next Anime.

Ok.

Then explain movie 20 and 21. Different continuity, yet still count as the 20th and 21st entry in the Pokemon movie universe.
We won’t know that till 29th. They would’ve prewarned about the changes so not to disappoint people, which they’ve already done at E3.

They didn't do that with Sun and Moon. So why assuming they would do that here?
They didn't do so with the M20 and M21 neither. They just love to surprise people with new things. However some of their surprise can sometimes be out of plex, or very confusing to some.

I guess I actually do have a confession to make.

For 10 years since Gen 4, my wish was to have an ordinary UK based Region that is just as, if not as amazing as Sinnoh. I even send in my ideas for it through charity, which I receive a letter of thanks and that they can't accept ideas from outside their office, a key chain and key ring. Whether or not some of my ideas were recycled for inspiration for their own like a Fire Tiger starter, a Grass bird starter, a water salamander Pokemon, a Season Pokemon, that's not my business to say. Though once they finally did reveal the new game, I was happy for it, although at the same time I may have jinxed it. I can clearly see that this Region will be declawed and not as memorable as the first 4 Regions including Gen 5. Gen 6 of Kalos was the last of the traditional story, but with it being forgetful, it has already shown it's age and is needing a change. I'm autistic, and I do find it very hard to cope with change. Especially in today's world. And my hopes to a great Pokemon game based on the UK has been dashed right before my eyes. Anime if it ends up becoming AU, Dexit, lack of Megas and Z-Moves and all.

How come whenever you want something so much, and that when it finally comes, it ends up not becoming what it might be like? They have so much potential that they could've had, and just like that, they just squander it. UK isn't all just rock music and football you know? I wouldn't mind if the other Regions in the new anime would be for a few episodes, but if it's going to be like Generations, I cannot see how all this will work? Specially if it's suppose to showcase Galar? They might as well not make Gen 8 and call it a day with just 7. I'm only on side with what I predicted because to me it makes sense and is less harmful and messy on the changes. But you can believe whatever you want to believe. I just needing to get this out so that you could understand my situation and concerns properly.

I so hate forums because you can't tell what mood we are in, and would often times misunderstand the context.

Last edited:
I don't really think that the Calendar is a confirmation that we will be seeing Serena, Lillie, and Mallow again. Some of these Pokemon may be chosen because they're marketable.

I'm guessing it's just to represent every Type. I do admit, seeing an Alolan Vulpix which can only be found in Alola in a Calendar with the Galar Starters is a little weird, but I really don't think it means that much.

Starting to feel like it's going to be a reboot and we're starting from Kanto once again but like sped up.

Starting to feel like it's going to be a reboot and we're starting from Kanto once again but like sped up.
Or it might be jumbled up with Galar being the first. However I'm unsure.

It's just a logo, and it never says anything about it being a reboot.

1. We know that the New Anime will share the same title as the Original.
  2. We know that the new Anime will use the AU Logo.
  3. We know that the New Anime will feature all Regions from Kanto-Galar. It is yet to be confirmed to be that Galar will be the Main Region and other regions will be side stories. The Title is also a weird choice if this isn't the case.
For all this, I like to assume that Ash will remain but it will be the Parallel Ash from I Choose You! And The Power of Us! Traveling.

A. All this means, a reboot, a reboot necessarily doesn't mean a totally new main character. A Journey with AU Ash and like they did with I Choose You, changing events and slightly modifying them while all of his Kanto-Alola Adventures being based off of the Original. But the only downside to this is how they will handle Galar and tell an whole new Story.

B. It still may be possible that we'll get side stories for other Regions and Galar being the Main Focus. However it will be interesting to see how that will be handled while giving the Current Region, Galar, all the promotion by introducing all Galar Pokémon and the Characters from the Sword & Shield Video Games. Speaking about the New Pokémon, I'm starting to think there is very less of them given how scarce the information on New Pokémon has been. This would also put less pressure on the Anime for advertisement.

These are the only Two Things that I believe are even likely to happen now. Unless there is something that none of us have even thought as a possibility yet. CoroCoro will leak soon. And we got Sun & Moon Anime Reveal in September 2016, so I at least hope to see something Anime-Related. The Mid-Evolutions of the Starters will definitely be revealed in my opinion.

3. We know that the New Anime will feature all Regions from Kanto-Galar. It is yet to be confirmed to be that Galar will be the Main Region and other regions will be side stories. The Title is also a weird choice if this isn't the case.
For all this, I like to assume that Ash will remain but it will be the Parallel Ash from I Choose You! And The Power of Us! Traveling.

A. All this means, a reboot, a reboot necessarily doesn't mean a totally new main character. A Journey with AU Ash and like they did with I Choose You, changing events and slightly modifying them while all of his Kanto-Alola Adventures being based off of the Original. But the only downside to this is how they will handle Galar and tell an whole new Story.

B. It still may be possible that we'll get side stories for other Regions and Galar being the Main Focus. However it will be interesting to see how that will be handled while giving the Current Region, Galar, all the promotion by introducing all Galar Pokémon and the Characters from the Sword & Shield Video Games. Speaking about the New Pokémon, I'm starting to think there is very less of them given how scarce the information on New Pokémon has been. This would also put less pressure on the Anime for advertisement.

These are the only Two Things that I believe are even likely to happen now. Unless there is something that none of us have even thought as a possibility yet. CoroCoro will leak soon. And we got Sun & Moon Anime Reveal in September 2016, so I at least hope to see something Anime-Related. The Mid-Evolutions of the Starters will definitely be revealed in my opinion.
Well according to what the Pokemon Anime twitter stated, Galar will be the stage, but will also be set in other regions. So perhaps Galar will be the main focus, but also having the other Regions as either side stories, or retelling after every Region? I'd go with the former because it would be too messy with the former.

So far, I'm seeing what many have predicted, including having AU Ash being too messy. Especially after all the progress Ash went through.

I think the A scenareo is way more likely as they would't change the name if it was still going to be a sword and shield anime.

Personally I'd add the C option of: Main series Ash continues into a new series that embraces all previous series. You said that first year calendars didnt showcase story relevent Pokemon, but as far as I've seen that's not the case. The 2007 and 2014 calendars I posted were both first year calendars and showcased only Pokemon with a significant role in the show.

All I'm saying is that the calendar and the logo are equally strong pointers of where the series will go. You can't aknowledge one and not the other. Heck, if you want to read into the "previouse hats" section of Type:Wild you could say that SM ash will become AU ash, taking over the asthetic of M20 while continuing the show's continuity.

I thought the same thing until it was confirmed that Galar will be shown, which to me suggests that the new series/saga/whatever will probably serve as Shield & Sword promo rather than just being a nostalgia-driven series.

I think the A scenareo is way more likely as they would't change the name if it was still going to be a sword and shield anime.

Personally I'd add the C option of: Main series Ash continues into a new series that embraces all previous series. You said that first year calendars didnt showcase story relevent Pokemon, but as far as I've seen that's not the case. The 2007 and 2014 calendars I posted were both first year calendars and showcased only Pokemon with a significant role in the show.

All I'm saying is that the calendar and the logo are equally strong pointers of where the series will go. You can't aknowledge one and not the other. Heck, if you want to read into the "previouse hats" section of Type:Wild you could say that SM ash will become AU ash, taking over the asthetic of M20 while continuing the show's continuity.
The 2017 Calender (first year Calender for SM) just had Pikachu and all the Alolan starters, with Poplio (Lana's) and Litten being more in the forefront than Pikachu and Rowlit.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/916zb8NrkcL._SY450_.jpg

Yet...

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Farchive-media-0.nyafuu.org%2Fvp%2Fimage%2F1567%2F77%2F1567779836528.jpg&hash=a218466d21d1f70a766bda78140c74bb

In the 2020 Calender (first year Calender for SwSh), you see Pikachu in the forefront, followed by Scorbunny and Sobble. In the background are Alolan Volpix, Sylveon and Shaymin along with Grookey.

Somehow I could see Grookey belonging to Gloria, since it's with Pokemon that belonged to girl characters, whilst Scorbunny and Sobble would belong to Ash, or some other character might have Sobble. All we're saying is that... they Might bring Lillie, Serena and Mallow back, but that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
First off: Hi everyone, I am a longtime Pokemon fan.

Second: Here's my question? If they are going to do a continuation, would it be possible that all the other companions (aside from Brock and Misty) would have forgotten that Ash even existed by now?

First off: Hi everyone, I am a longtime Pokemon fan.

Second: Here's my question? If they are going to do a continuation, would it be possible that all the other companions (aside from Brock and Misty) would have forgotten that Ash even existed by now?

I don't see why folks who traveled with Ash through entire regions wouldn't remember him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom