• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Turtonator? Possible or not?
Too exotic or could reside underground instead of Magmar?
Could it get Aftermath and Multiscale?

If SM's had 384 pages, and there were 302 pokemon in SM's dex, and SwSh's has 448 pages, it would follow that there's around 350 pokemon in Galar's. Or a bit more or less depending on those "50-100 pages of regional info etc" pages.

Edit: I guess also logically going with their explanation it could be
100 pages of general info - 348 pages with an average of 1 pokemon each
50 pages of general info - 398 pages with an average of 3 pokemon each (very very unlikely lol. I don't think we'll be getting 400+ new pokemon this gen.)
75 pages of general info - 373 pages with an average of 2 pokemon each (Like 750 pokemon)

So uhhh??? 348+

Last edited:
The most recent guide I own is the ORAS national pokedex guide.

Total number of pages is 583. There's two pokemon per page unless there is a mega and then there is just one pokemon on that page. About 400 pages are dedicated to the Dex with 719 entries EDIT: (+48 megas; so more like 767).

There's about 10 pages in forward with map; checklist; how to; etc; 10 pages dedicated to formes; 7 pages dedicated on where to get mega stones; 15 ish to the move list; 6 pages dedicated to abilities; 3 pages on natures and characteristics; 12 pages on items; 2 pages on where to find the legendaries; about 100 pages for the move reverse look-up; 7 pages for the ability reverse look-up.

So there's about 172 pages that are not for the dex

448-172= 276 * 2 =552

Edit: Any pokemon that has a different form with different stats or movepool take up multiple entires; Pumkaboo, Meowstic; Rotom; etc.

Last edited:
218 Old Pokemon going off of serebii (not adding anything from assuming like the rest of kanto starters for example)
25 new pokemon that have been confirmed (I'm including impidimp here too) including gigantamax and regional variants
total of 243 so far

Last edited:
I think 400 looks like the absolute minimum. I looked up the USUM national dex book and it had 720 pages. Taking all the new pokemon and forms into consideration; there still seems to be an extra 70-ish pages that aren't in the ORAS book which could bump the number down, but I don't know what is in the extra pages.

I re-crunched my numbers and found that; excluding megas because they aren't in Galar; there's 1.9 "dex numbers" per page in the ORAS book; which would put my initial estimate at 526.

However, the amazon description does not mention the reverse move look-up for the SWSH book like it does for the other books. This could just be because it's a pre-order item, but it could also mean it does not come in this book. Which could mean it's more similar to the pokedex and post game guides that comes with the first set of books that I don't really have a comp for.

Anyway, removing this table gives an estimate of 715 dex numbers. I would say this is the maximum we can expect. It is a pretty large range.

You could have half the amount of USUM or only lose a couple hundred...what a variety of possibilities.

Type Null and Silvally, they can say that Faba originally brought it from Galar,
it would fit in that region more.

If we can have Bounsweet line, i don't see why we cannot have Turtonator as well.

We got Goodra pure dragon and dragon/normal Drampa, both have Sap Sipper as ability. Why not give Drampa Immunity, Flash Fire or Fluffy?

Drampa too could fit as European kind of Dragon. With Turtonator it looks exotic like swamps, islands but maybe in volcanoes can b done , especially it was a 1 generation till now, others had enough time to shine.

The 'exoticness' of Pokémon doesn't really seem to matter, as there are plenty Alolan species in Galar it seems.

Anyway, I'm glad the regional dex seems to be very sizable. I don't have the feeling we're anywhere close to the actual number of Pokémon included.

Type Null and Silvally, they can say that Faba originally brought it from Galar,
it would fit in that region more.

He didn't really "bring" Type: Null from anywhere. It's a synthetic creation, and Gladion tells us that it was created in the secret labs at Aether Paradise. The only thing Faba traveled to obtain was the books about Arceus, which he borrowed from the Canalave Library in Sinnoh.

He didn't really "bring" Type: Null from anywhere. It's a synthetic creation, and Gladion tells us that it was created in the secret labs at Aether Paradise. The only thing Faba traveled to obtain was the books about Arceus, which he borrowed from the Canalave Library in Sinnoh.

You really think so? For me it's weird that he didn't created more or others if it's that good.
Or do You think they will be obtainable in other regions?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom