• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point wasn't whether he was or wasn't caught cheating, my point was that the fact that he even decided to cheat goes against his entire character and his moral code, since he has always been someone who would do things "fair and square" (in fact, this is even something that he straight up says at one point (and in BW of all series)). Same goes for that time when he tried to catch the Rotom Pokédex, so that he could stop it from staring in his favorite TV show and, thus, stop it from leaving him, even though Ash has never been this petty or self-centered and has always been the kind of person who would always release his own Pokémon if it would've allowed them to be happier and live better lives.
There is a very big difference between those lackluster filler episodes and the climax of the whole series. They wouldn't conclude something big as Nyaheat's plot arc with an unearned battle. It's something they care about.
The entire point of those statements was to show that the writers of this series would sometimes do anything in order to have the plot progress (something that you even argued to me a few weeks back), regardless of whether it makes sense or whether the characters' actions match with their character and portrayal (and both of these actions go against Ash's character).
Point is, there is no reason for them to do sonething like that. They had no reason to add a battle with Royal Mask as the reward, it had nothing to do with the league. There was no reason to do that, other than to conclude Nyaheat's rivalry.

I doubt a mission to cut vines and roots would last that long. Also take into fact that Ash's Pokemon were never released officially from their balls (see how Paul released his Pokemon).
Still, I'm honestly tired of those people who want Greninja to come back. It had its time to shine already, let's just leave it be.

Last edited:
Someone from Galar would be nice, help promote the games and motivate Ash to visit
I actually like this thought because in most final episodes, Ash would fight a pokemon or meet a pokemon from another region and that will be the spark for him to travel to a new land. This will also make perfect sense since Ash's mom is here and so is Professor Oak.
This way, if Kukui does happen to battle a trainer, possibly Champion Leon, it can generate a drive for Ash to travel to Galar. This can also give Alola some publicity if Ash participates as either the runner up or the Champion of Alola league. And if Champion Leon also happens to sponsor Ash (without consulting the CEO first) then it will give Ash an even bigger spotlight and a bigger target for him to overcome. This can also help bring back other challengers from all the regions that Ash had faced throughout the years and have them wanting to challenge Ash in the Galar championship.
If Ash does go to Galar, then Ash's mom can, once again, be exasperated that her son is leaving once again but ultimately make a new outfit and hat for him to wear. Professor Oak can also ask Ash to deliver a letter to Professor Magnolia as he and she have not spoken in a while (old co-workers or old flame) and he would like to know how her research is coming along.

We don't know for sure. We don't have an episode summary yet, though if it is Ash vs. Professor Kukui/Masked Royal, I'd be pretty excited.
I doubt the full episode will be with MR exhibition, simply because of the fact that they avoided asspulling Pokemon throughout the entirety of this League, otherwise the Semis/Finals wouldn't be 2v2/3v3.

I doubt the full episode will be with MR exhibition, simply because of the fact that they avoided asspulling Pokemon throughout the entirety of this League, otherwise the Semis/Finals wouldn't be 2v2/3v3.
Well, this is technically after the league, and both of Kukui's mons came out of nowhere

I wanted to see Professor Burnett fainted on the ground in this episode after realising that her husband had been Masked Royal all the time. Then, Lillie will be follows on the search for her missing father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom