• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one time I root against Ash he's likely going to win the whole enchilada!

... I just wanted good closure...

Haha it's amazing they let that slip. Even I'm not cynical enough to think this could be a fakeout.
:bulbaLove:
Way too gold and shiny to be a second place one, right?

It matches up with the Guzzlord episode summary and screenshot too. The summary says Guzzlord shows up during the awards ceremony, and the pic shows Ash alongside Masked Royal and the Kahunas.

It matches up with the Guzzlord episode summary and screenshot too. The summary says Guzzlord shows up during the awards ceremony, and the pic shows Ash alongside Masked Royal and the Kahunas.

I thought it looked like he was getting an award with the Kahunas and Masked Royal but other people poking holes at that made me uncertain, and I'm super duper cynical. I had to literally see it to believe it. I've got more to post but I'll save it for after the episode airs. I also have an important decision to make.

This kotaku aged badly lol.

Winner got spoiled in a new jpns trailer

don't click if you don't wanna be spoiled

The Orange League was a bigger deal. This one is drawn out and yet only features two significant battles, which are just 3vs3. I prefer a full battle with an uber Dragonite, and no mythical for Ash.

I'll be more lenient if he wins against Kukui, even though that is a separate matter. The Battle Frontier would be the most impressive feat if Ash hadn't rematched Brandon twice.

Last edited:
Clearly Pikachu is the winner of the Alola League then. Tbh I agree with the assessment that someone else made; that dark thing is part of Guzzlord's fangs and not a trophy. The dark shape seems bigger than Pikachu for starters, so I highly doubt that he'd be lifting something that big and heavy when Ash is right there.

But I'm so proud of the fandom for going into full CSI mode.
That's me

Winner got spoiled in a new jpns trailer

don't click if you don't wanna be spoiled

See, I knew it. They going to spoil it with special preview. I told you all.

Edit: Also, I pretty sure people are going to riot outside or throwing early party. While other making stupid meme across the internet now after seeing Ash finally won the official league. But, they still going ran with that three years lost controversy that still raised question. Why he lost?

Last edited:
If that’s how he loses I will be severely disappointed.

I kind of disagree here, Midnight Lycanroc just running out of steam and "fainting" I think would honestly be better than the usual wait to see which Pokemon falls first. Or even a clear knock out with a Z-move.

I kind of disagree here, Midnight Lycanroc just running out of steam and "fainting" I think would honestly be better than the usual wait to see which Pokemon falls first. Or even a clear knock out with a Z-move.
I do hope that it doesn't end that way. I'd hope Ash can finish off Lycanroc after that moment with something other than a Z-move.

It'd just feel like a rehash of what happened last time tbh, just that this time Ash wins somehow (even though last time MnRoc ate a Splintered Stormshards to the face while on that state)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom