• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this episode, especially as the writer proved himself with the last one
He didn't prove himself. He just didn't disappoint with the last one.

The preview didn't really give me hope, it seems like Nightroc will be defeated because Outrage's confusion sets in right before it lands an attack on Duskroc.

Or... you know, they could just make the next region more intense on battles and the trainers there more experienced, no need of a reset. Kinda fits the passion for battling theme of the Galar region too, no other region has a sponsorship requirement to join to League. The challenges he'll face will mostly be about helping his Galar Pokemon (or past mons in case they're brought back) overcome their problems. Kind of like Sinnoh, you know?
They can have characters like Serena and Bonnie be the 'point of view' to new viewers, which in this case could be Gloria.
Honestly, it could be an interesting plot point if they had Ash lose some key battles early on in Galar in a way that kinda puts it into perspective that, while he may have won the Alola league, that was a league of essentially minor league, this is the big time and what worked in Alola isn’t gonna cut it there. Kind of a wake up call for how much he was slacking in SM compared to previous regions. Of course, this being the Pokémon anime, I don’t see them taking that route as things must be made simple for the new 10 year olds.

Honestly, it could be an interesting plot point if they had Ash lose some key battles early on in Galar in a way that kinda puts it into perspective that, while he may have won the Alola league, that was a league of essentially minor league, this is the big time and what worked in Alola isn’t gonna cut it there.
Exactly what I had in mind. Galar would be no playground, everything would be high stakes, even a simple friendly match on the roadside. Losing a few early battles and showcasing how strategic the trainers in Galar are (no, not Trainers starting out like Trip but pre-established ones like Paul) will be a slap to the face and a motivator for Ash to step up his game.
I don’t see them taking that route as things must be made simple for the new 10 year olds.
I don't know... with the recent few seasons, it seems like they were experimenting with a bunch of different ideas , so I don't find it out of the realm of possibility for them to make it like I described above.

Or... you know, they could just make the next region more intense on battles and the trainers there more experienced, no need of a reset. Kinda fits the passion for battling theme of the Galar region too, no other region has a sponsorship requirement to join to League. The challenges he'll face will mostly be about helping his Galar Pokemon (or past mons in case they're brought back) overcome their problems. Kind of like Sinnoh, you know?
They can have characters like Serena and Bonnie be the 'point of view' to new viewers, which in this case could be Gloria.
Yeah that would be cool, but once again too good to happen and this is Pokémon we are talking about.

Ash might actually win this. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic (or excited?) about it, I guess. Ash winning a league conference, that's a pretty big deal.

Guess we'll know for sure soon, either way.

So with the episode airing today, are we ready for Pokemon history to be made? We know the previews could simply be a misdirect, but all signs are seeming to point towards Ash actuay winning the Alola League.
Well I was going to watch the final ep of this league anyway, but now lets see how this ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom