• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of logic people (some of you anyway).

If PRIMEAPE counts......so does Poipole. END OF STORY.

Ash capturing a Pokemon and then immediately releasing at the end of the episode, is IRRELEVANT to whether it was on his team or not because that wasn't the point. The point was to return the Ultra Beast to its home, and IMMEDIATELY I might add.

The difference here between Primeape, Lapras, Poipole and the OTHER ultra beasts is they were in Ash's ownership for more than episode.

Sure maybe if Ash bonded with the Pokemon for at least a COUPLE of episodes, I'd see your point. But not catching it and then IMMEDIATELY releasing it back to its home.

Tbh, I'd really rather this full battle not be the MR exhibition match. Feels kind of insulting that the finals were 3v3 (yes, minimum Pokemon limit and all, then the finals could have been 4v4), but an unofficial match will be a full one? Kind of downplays the huge significance of the Manalo finals and Ash's win there.

They didn't asspull Pokemon earlier, but now they do so with MR bringing a Lucario?

It's the writers fault for even setting up the exhibition match though, as a prize for becoming the Alola champion, you can't claim the Alola league tournament is the big finale but then be like "But wait! There's more!"

There's also a few other issues to take into consideration.

1. There hasn't been a full battle yet. Color me surprised but I was sure my favorite battle format was going to be excluded, but here we are, a full battle.

2. It's very possible Ash asks Masked Royal for a full battle, especially if Ash gets a 6th Pokemon on his team soon, and he wants to battle with ALL his Pokemon. With Masked Royal agreeing to it.

So if Kukui is Ash's opponent in the full battle, we have three confirmed Pokemon, I wonder who the final three are

Based on the games, Magnezone, Alolan Ninetales and Snorlax are possibiles

As much as I'd love to see Poipole again (because it NEVER SHOULD HAVE LEFT), I don't want it to be Ash's sixth Pokemon in this fight. 1) Even if it evolved into a Naganadel, it'd still feel very contrived, and 2) Ash's Alolan team (even if they won him a League) would probably get crushed by Kukui's team.

My desperate hope that'll probably never happen? Ash uses Pikachu and Torracat (because we've gotta have Torracat for this one), and his other four party members are reserves from Oak's lab. I don't care which four (though I'd REALLY like it if Gliscor was one of them; he'd fit right into this series), but I think that's what should come to pass.

Besides, if the series really IS going to be rebooted, this will be our LAST CHANCE to see them. What better time, amiright?

Tbh, I'd really rather this full battle not be the MR exhibition match. Feels kind of insulting that the finals were 3v3 (yes, minimum Pokemon limit and all, then the finals could have been 4v4), but an unofficial match will be a full one? Kind of downplays the huge significance of the Manalo finals and Ash's win there.

They didn't asspull Pokemon earlier, but now they do so with MR bringing a Lucario?
They asspulled Scizor and Mega Kangaskhan (and Gengar to a lesser extent, as we didn't know Acerola had caught him)

So if Kukui is Ash's opponent in the full battle, we have three confirmed Pokemon, I wonder who the final three are

Based on the games, Magnezone, Alolan Ninetales and Snorlax are possibiles
Kukui doesn’t have a Lucario in the games though. I think they might pull an Alain and give him a Pokémon from every region.
1) Even if it evolved into a Naganadel, it'd still feel very contrived,
I’m not sure how do I feel about Ash owning both Naganadel and a Melmetal at the same time...

They asspulled Scizor and Mega Kangaskhan (and Gengar to a lesser extent, as we didn't know Acerola had caught him)

How was Mega Kangaskhan an asspull? We knew that Ilima specialized in Normal types right from the beginning, plus he had been mentioned to be an honor student who visited Kalos and competed in the league there, so him being able to use Mega Evolution that he potentially mastered while in Kalos wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

How was Mega Kangaskhan an asspull? We knew that Ilima specialized in Normal types right from the beginning, plus he had been mentioned to be an honor student who visited Kalos and competed in the league there, so him being able to use Mega Evolution that he potentially mastered while in Kalos wasn't out of the realm of possibility.
And on the other side, I was expecting Guzma to bring one of his game counterpart's other five Bug types from SM/USUM, those being Ariados, Masquerain, Pinsir, Vikavolt, and Scizor. The only real asspull I'm seeing here is Kukui's totally random Lucario instead of, say... Magnezone or Snorlax.

I guess it's here because they basically gave Ash the Lycanroc he would have had?

Well in fairness, it's not like Ilmia HAD a Kangaskhan in the games but then again it's not like Gumshoos, Smeragle or Komala would've done anything for him.

However I disagree with Scizor, Guzma had one in the games, so not sure you can argue it being an "asspull"

So I guess Lucario will be used here? It's such an overexposed creature and I wish that they had given Professor Kukui/Masked Royal something a little more original. But I guess Lucario plushies gotta sell somehow. :rolleyes:

So noooow they can have a full battle. Didn't Kukui have to use Incineroar and reveal his identity to Faba because he lacked Pokemon?

Wait! Masked Royal/Kukui has Lucario. I hope he has Poliwrath as well (As a nod to the games, where he has a Poliwhirl in his house) and is a great Rock and Ground type counter for Incineroar, Lucario and Braviary.

I am also thinking Ash using some reserves. The "tba" episode could very well be dedicated to focusing on Ash's reserves, this episode could work in a similar way like that Diamond and Pearl episode.
The only question is: How will Ash receive his reserves? Oak is in Alola right now.
Maybe Tracey will be useful for once! ;)

For the exhibition match, I can see an anticlimatic draw as a result. It would show the progression that Torracat has made, but imo it would not make sense if it beats an Incineroar that is quite on a winning streak (not sure if it was stated as unbeaten), if I recall correctly from the summary of episode 63.

I am also thinking Ash using some reserves. The "tba" episode could very well be dedicated to focusing on Ash's reserves, this episode could work in a similar way like that Diamond and Pearl episode.
The only question is: How will Ash receive his reserves? Oak is in Alola right now.
Maybe Tracey will be useful for once! ;)

For the exhibition match, I can see an anticlimatic draw as a result. It would show the progression that Torracat has made, but imo it would not make sense if it beats an Incineroar that is quite on a winning streak (not sure if it was stated as unbeaten), if I recall correctly from the summary of episode 63.

Who?

Not sure if you're joking or not, he travelled with Ash and Misty through the Orange Islands, replacing Brock before becoming Oak's assistant
It's a joke reaction whenever Tracey comes up lmao, a lot of people like to mock him for being forgettable (though I personally enjoyed his character when he was around).

It's a joke reaction whenever Tracey comes up lmao, a lot of people like to mock him for being forgettable (though I personally enjoyed his character when he was around).

Understandable, he hasn't spoken since the last episode of Advanced Generation

Would love to see Tracey come back, maybe as a full time regular

My thoughts on possible members for Royal Mask's team:

-Lycanroc: Nope, I don't think there will be more dog battles.
-Snorlax: It has a wide movepool and could be an interesting challenge for Ash to overcome.
-Magnezone: Doesn't look too much like his style, but it would be an interesting foil to Melmetal.
-Ninetales: Doesn't look too much like his style, but Lillie's reaction would be priceless. But if they want to reference it they could change it for its counterpart Alolan Sandslash.
-Crabominable: Would be an interesting challenge as we've yet to see it battling, but if Hala uses it its chances of appearing will be very low.

Other options from the Alola Dex:
-Trevenant: A reference to SM125, obviously it would be a different one.
-Ledian, Flygon: They kinda fit with the superhero aesthetic.
-Alolan Muk: We haven't seen it much, it would be a nice reference to Ash's Muk.
-Arcanine: Another fan-favorite that could distinguish itself easily from Incineroar.
-Hawlucha, Primeape, Poliwrath, Mienshao, Machamp, Passimian, Scrafty: I think Lucario will be the only representative of the fighting type, but I'll put them here just in case.
-Heracross: I think it has a higher chance as it's not defined as a fighting type, and could be the counterpart to Guzma's Scizor.
-Salamence, Kommo-o, Dragonite, Metagross: As others have said, it's likely he will have a pseudo.
-Kabutops, Armaldo, Archeops, Carracosta, Tyrantrum: He is a researcher so it would make sense he would have a fossil, and they would great add type coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom