• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon: The Final Stretch

Why did he have to win HERE?!! why not give us that satisfaction back in Pokemon The Series: XY; Why Do it when people stopped caring about it; due to the Crummy Artstyle; Why do it with such a Lousy Team, with an unevolved Rowlet; I'd already stopped caring since I Saw the artstyle of the Sun & Moon Anime in Corocoro, It's too late to make me care if he wins; especially with a region that isn't anywhere near as cohesive as previous Generations 1-6 have been; Why couldn't he have won in Kalos, where he'd be reunited with his Childhood Sweetheart?!!

Why did he have to win HERE?!! why not give us that satisfaction back in Pokemon The Series: XY; Why Do it when people stopped caring about it; due to the Crummy Artstyle; Why do it with such a Lousy Team, with an unevolved Rowlet; I'd already stopped caring since I Saw the artstyle of the Sun & Moon Anime in Corocoro, It's too late to make me care if he wins; especially with a region that isn't anywhere near as cohesive as previous Generations 1-6 have been; Why couldn't he have won in Kalos, where he'd be reunited with his Childhood Sweetheart?!!
Ash knew Serena as a kid?

The Kalos League was anything but cohesive, there were like 2 relevant battles the entire league and a lot of the league itself wasn't even shown. As for the artstyle, that's just like, your opinion, you not liking something doesn't make it bad.

Yeah, Kalos (and Unova) lacked gravitas. It is why I never really cared when Ash lost since the writers themselves didn't treat the tournament as a big deal. The climic of XY was the Flare arc, the league was fodder.

By the way, is Ash going to retire for good?

Nobody knows what Ash will do after his Alola journey ends since we only know what's happening up until the start of the Alola League's exhibition match. Although I question why people think he would retire when he still hasn't become a Pokemon Master or even competed in one of the Champion's Leagues that was foreshadowed ages ago.

Nobody knows what Ash will do after his Alola journey ends since we only know what's happening up until the start of the Alola League's exhibition match. Although I question why people think he would retire when he still hasn't become a Pokemon Master or even competed in one of the Champion's Leagues that was foreshadowed ages ago.
What IS a "Pokémon Master", anyway?

Ash knew Serena as a kid?
Yes; it was shown in a flashback; Seriously; It was brilliant of the original writers to be leaving Ash's Backstory mostly unknown & Fill-in-the-blank; that way they wouldn't have to worry about Continuity, or having fanboys & fangirls whining about a Retcon that wasn't even there to begin with whenever they want to introduce new information or new characters that he has met before, because there wasn't originally anything put in to begin with; so they can put in as many new details as they want without having to worry about contradicting past details, if there weren't many details to start out with!!

he still hasn't become a Pokemon Master or even competed in one of the Champion's Leagues that was foreshadowed ages ago.
Because the writers have failed to explain what a Master is (in Movie 20, Ash just said that it was greater than being the best trainer), making it an unachievable goal. As for the Champion League, it hasn't been mentioned in 8 years and merely boils down to the Elite Four challenge, which is now being phased out from the anime and even the games.

I thought that Poipole would at least come back by now so that Ash could use it against Prof. Kukui, but there's still no sign of it.

At the end of the series, I’d like there to be an updated group photo with Ash and all of his Pokémon, like the one in Black and White. It should also have his Alola League trophy in the picture somewhere, and people who only watch the dub should be able to see it.

I hope they do one better by having all of his Pokemon appear together

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom