• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, ignoring Impidimp is one thing because he's probably meant to be a special "surprise" for people who play the demo; but leaving the "glitch" as is for too long would be out right weird.
Agreed.

I'm thinking they may do a second 'glitch' release... Maybe tonight or tomorrow, and then drop a trailer later in the week.

Unless Rotom really really wanted us all to see Sirfetchd, and Gamefreak is gonna pretend it didn't happen.

Yeah, ignoring Impidimp is one thing because he's probably meant to be a special "surprise" for people who play the demo; but leaving the "glitch" as is for too long would be out right weird.
Two words, Trevenant and Furfrou. Months went by with no official reveal outside of the quick shots in the trailers. They ended up being some of the last Pokemon to be reveled pre-release.

Then again, I guess their more like the squirrel and the creepy tall things. So going by that they have to give us something. Especially now that we've known about the intentional glitch for a few days and Impidimp for months now.

Two words, Trevenant and Furfrou. Months went by with no official reveal outside of the quick shots in the trailers. They ended up being some of the last Pokemon to be reveled pre-release.
Trevenant also spent time unseen, since it was first seen in a trailer shown for a movie (Genesect, I think?), with only a fan sketch and its name to go by.

While true, it also doesn't have to be this week. It could be that at the end of this week they'll release another glitched Pokemon entry, and then just make this a pattern until the end of the month where they dump all of them in a trailer.
That'd get annoying fast, so I hope they don't do it that way.

I'd like it if we got a trailer this week that shows what the glitched 'mon is, maybe even showing what caused the glitch, but there's nothing really screaming that a trailer is gonna drop this week, let alone tomorrow.

I don’t know I guess a lot of people keep predicting a trailer on the 18, because in the last trailer one of the shirts says 189. As in 18/9. They have been putting the date on t-shirts all throughout the trailers. Usually with the date of the day though. Not hinting at a new one, but I have seen a few things with people talking about it...a lot also say the 20, and I don’t know what that is about. I would not be surprised to see one this week. Come on eeveelution! Because I won’t let it go until i know for certain.

Man if this leak is legit (and if I do end up getting one of the games) I'm definitely getting Shield. Chatot became one of my favorites after being surprisingly useful in my Y playthrough, plus I just love parrots. I hope Galarian Chatot looks like a macaw.

Man if this leak is legit (and if I do end up getting one of the games) I'm definitely getting Shield. Chatot became one of my favorites after being surprisingly useful in my Y playthrough, plus I just love parrots. I hope Galarian Chatot looks like a macaw.
Same, but with Sword, even though I was originally planning on getting Shield. I've always liked Farfetch'd, but I've never actually used one before. If it does end up being a Sword exclusive I'm kind of stuck. lol

I don’t know I guess a lot of people keep predicting a trailer on the 18, because in the last trailer one of the shirts says 189. As in 18/9. They have been putting the date on t-shirts all throughout the trailers. Usually with the date of the day though. Not hinting at a new one, but I have seen a few things with people talking about it...a lot also say the 20, and I don’t know what that is about. I would not be surprised to see one this week. Come on eeveelution! Because I won’t let it go until i know for certain.
If I recall correctly, the 189 was on Hop's shirt, which means it is goroawase (a type of Japanese wordplay), not a date. If I recall correctly, a lot of people are guessing tomorrow because they generally release trailers on weekdays.

EDIT: Now that I think about goroawase, nobody has posted what Hop's number means.

If I recall correctly, the 189 was on Hop's shirt, which means it is goroawase (a type of Japanese wordplay), not a date. If I recall correctly, a lot of people are guessing tomorrow because they generally release trailers on weekdays.

EDIT: Now that I think about goroawase, nobody has posted what Hop's number means.

I just have seen a lot of comments around about the 18th. But that is a Wednesday, so I don’t get what you mean about it being on weekdays. I think it’s probably just wishful thinking, but who knows. As for goroawase I have no idea what that is, or what has been revealed by it.

As for goroawase I have no idea what that is, or what has been revealed by it.
To put it simple, goroawase is writing words using numbers and their Japanese pronunciation. For example, Milo's number is 831, which can be read as "yasai", vegetables. Nessa's number is 049, which can be read as "oyogu, to swim.

In other words, it's a way to make a pun without it being on the nose, unless you're Japanese.

Got it. I just had seen some people somehow associating them trailer dates. I just never paid that much actual attention XD. For me they are just sports numbers usually for like track competitions. I always hated those things.

Hiyaku, or leaping. Saw it on Reddit a little after the trailer came out.
Thank you.

I tried plugging the number into a Japanese gorowase generator and it told me it was a word that google translated to "aphrodisiac." (媚薬 ) I'm not sure what to make of that.
Could you link to me that goroawase generator, please? I feel like I could use it for future playthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom