• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one Episode for The Exhibition Battle? Doubt, since it seems to be a Full Battle, unless Ash gets swept Tobias style I don't see that possible. And I don't think he is going to get swept since they actually bothered to reveal another one of Masked Royale's Pokémon aka Lucario. Kommo-o has yet to have a Important Role in the Anime despite being a pseudo-legendary so I'm guessing it will be one of the Masked Royale's Pokémon as well. I'm guessing the mystery title may be related to Poipole's Return but we'll see.

Even if Ash returns, it doesn't have to be the same Ash that we've been following for 22 years, as they could always bring in an AU version of Ash instead.
Only one Episode for The Exhibition Battle? Doubt, since it seems to be a Full Battle, unless Ash gets swept Tobias style I don't see that possible. And I don't think he is going to get swept since they actually bothered to reveal another one of Masked Royale's Pokémon aka Lucario. Kommo-o has yet to have a Important Role in the Anime despite being a pseudo-legendary so I'm guessing it will be one of the Masked Royale's Pokémon as well. I'm guessing the mystery title may be related to Poipole's Return but we'll see.

Sarah stated that Ash would still be around.

View: https://twitter.com/sarahnatochenny/status/1173337395502170113

Unless it's not even a battle against the MR? It'd be interesting if the 6v6 challenger is Leon.

Unless it's not even a battle against the MR? It'd be interesting if the 6v6 challenger is Leon.
It is the Masked Royale as hinted by the Opening since January. I doubt we'll even get build up to the next series in SM, let's say SM goes up to 145 Episodes then we basically have 3 More Episodes after the revealed one left.

It is the Masked Royale as hinted by the Opening since January. I doubt we'll even get build up to the next series in SM, let's say SM goes up to 145 Episodes then we basically have 3 More Episodes after the revealed one left.
So your saying...

SM140: 2 Guzzlords
SM141-142: Ash Vs Masked Royal
SM143: Graduation and Ash returns home
SM144: Ash hears of Galar and travels

Yeah if there is build up, it will be similar to the way it happened at the end of AG to transition to DP.
And with Rotom acting similar to Aipom of not wanting to leave Ash's side, and possessed Ash's new cell phone that Delia gave him, thus becoming Rotom Phone.

Is this a New Rotom Form?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-174147_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-174147_Twitter.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20190916-174139_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-174139_Twitter.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 128
But, that still doesn't eliminate the possibility of them using an AU version of Ash.
True, this is the English Dub after all. We'll just have to wait until 29th.

Kommo-o actually did appear in the anime, when Gladion got the Draconium-Z crystal.

There's no guarantee that Ash will even keep his Champion title after Sun & Moon.
Yeah; He still has to face off against the Elite 4; Just winning the Victory Road-Esque Tournament doesn't make him the region's champion; He has to face off against the Elite 4 and then beat the current Champion; and In order for him to still be allowed to move on; What they could and most definitely should have done; is let him win the league, then let him lose to one of the elite 4, so that way he can still win a league, and be able to move on to the next region; so that he doesn't have to have all his experience wither away to square 1, so He can win the next league, beat 1 member of the region's elite 4, then lose to the 2nd member of the elite 4, and the pattern continues, till he beats another region's league, beats 2 elite 4 members, loses to the 3rd one; Beats another region's league, beats 3 elite 4 members, loses to the forth one; beats the next region's league, defeats the elite 4, and Loses to the Champion; Beats the next region's league, defeats the elite 4, beats the champion, and then someone defeats him and takes the title of champion while defending his title, allowing him to continue to the next region, until he becomes a Pokemon Master

Yeah; He still has to face off against the Elite 4; Just winning the Victory Road-Esque Tournament doesn't make him the region's champion; He has to face off against the Elite 4 and then beat the current Champion; and In order for him to still be allowed to move on; What they could and most definitely should have done; is let him win the league, then let him lose to one of the elite 4, so that way he can still win a league, and be able to move on to the next region; so that he doesn't have to have all his experience wither away to square 1, so He can win the next league, beat 1 member of the region's elite 4, then lose to the 2nd member of the elite 4, and the pattern continues, till he beats another region's league, beats 2 elite 4 members, loses to the 3rd one; Beats another region's league, beats 3 elite 4 members, loses to the forth one; beats the next region's league, defeats the elite 4, and Loses to the Champion; Beats the next region's league, defeats the elite 4, beats the champion, and then someone defeats him and takes the title of champion while defending his title, allowing him to continue to the next region, until he becomes a Pokemon Master
?
Ash still had to face Mask Royal before officially becoming Alola's Champion.

That reminds me of the very first episode actually, with Ash watching the Pokémon League battle with Gengar versus Nidoran.

I wonder if they'll do a fanservice-y callback to that. :confused:
Yeah, like having Cynthia and Garchomp facing against Leon and Charizard, and whist during the heat of the battle, Leon Gigantomax his Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom