• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Games Bonanza - Endgame: Mafia win - Epilogue Complete

Ok, so, the problem with Contrainer’s claim is that he’s clearly lying, and the fact he was afraid of a bomb proves it.

So, that could mean two things, either he’s a Town Power Role that did that to avoid getting lynched D1 (paranoia is a thing since he got lynched that early on last game), or he’s the Godfather, that did it as an attempt to never get lynched or NKd.

Since the first one could be a possibility, I didn’t want to talk about it until he claimed properly today. Mafia might’ve rolecopped him to know if he really is a bomb at this point, if you were lying it will only hurt town to keep it like that, not to mention someone might redirect or bus drive a kill into you.

Vote: Pikochu

Reads feel fake. And it seems like he’s not paying full attention to the thread. The vig comment is super scummy, and also he’s acting like he’s done something when he hasn’t been a forerunner in doing stuff. I’m not getting town feels at all.
I had the same thought when reading his reads list because I feel most of Pikochu's posts have just repeated what other people have said in slightly different ways (there were about two times on one page that he seemed to quote ExLight just to reiterate what Ex had said, I think it was page 7), or were him reacting to things too late (like in the case of Darth's vote on Max) like it was forced or filler.
2 Vanilla are rare is games like this, but it could be true for balancing reasons.

For what it's worth, the game I submitted mostly has normal roles, though there are a few non-standard/custom ones.

@Midorikawa my response about Darth was in fact a joke, which is why I didn't vote him.

Anyway, I am a bit wary of how fast the wagon on Max formed, so I won't be adding to it. However, I completely agree that his claim was unnecessary and actually fairly anti-town, since vanilla roles are usually trying to get night killed, and he wasted that by claiming on Day 1.

Unvote: Contrainer
Most of the actual content of this post by jdthebud I think is fine, it just strikes me as odd that he totally abstained from voting anyone after unvoting a joke vote from earlier. Particularly when he said that Max's claim was "anti-town." Nothing too bad, but those kind of non-votes always make me worry that it's scum trying to avoid being tied to a town lynch, while not wanting to seem like they know too much, if that makes sense.
I don't think 2x vanilla claims warrants all these votes on Max, if it was a role like cop them sure but 2 vanillas is always possible.
This and like one other post saying he thought Max's jester thing was a joke is all Officer Snake has done, which isn't really much either. It doesn't even give much of a solid stance on Max, since it's not saying his claim is legit, but it's not saying that it isn't (or, I guess, wasn't) either. And yet he didn't comment on anything or anyone else. Also, he kept his joke vote on me the entire phase, even when it was supposedly a joke vote at the beginning, which doesn't exactly give me town vibes on him either. yeah, I know, that's kind of OMGUS-y, but it's how I feel about it lol

tl;dr: Pikochu and Officer Snake are my current scum reads, and I'd really like to hear more from both of them (and jdthebud, though I don't find him as suspicious as the other two right now).

VOTE: Pikochu

Oh no! Not Ash Catsup :cry::cry:

So, I guess it was mostly a random kill, I thought it was gonna be Mido tbh.

As for Contrainer's claim, totally confused about that one. Seemed like a legit claim at the beginning (when he hard-softed (?) it), but don't understand his fear in voting Max (thinking he was a Bomb), if he himself was a Bomb to begin with. Hope he provides further clarification about his claim to clear this confusion.

About Pikochu's reads list, all the reads feel generic and mostly are null (obviously because of D1), I don't understand why he posted it so early when there wasn't even much info to form reads upon.
One thing to note could be his read on Calvin
Calvin: I feel he hasn't contributed that much. Has some stuff but mostly recycled stuff. Null
If Pikochu was scum, he would try to form a case against Calvin on the basis of this read and try to get a lynch against him instead of killing him rather than any other player having a strong town read on his list.
I understand he hasn't contributed any new points but I don't find him suspicious for that as many others, including me, have not contributed much yet.

jdthebud, Officer Snake and Megapod seem to be a bit silent. Would like to hear their thoughts on current scenario.

Oh damn, I totally forgot the Vig thing. Yes the suggestion of using the Vig shot against a claimed Bomb is super risky as if Contrainer is speaking the truth, we can lose two townies, along with the one the Mafia use their kill on, which would be a huge loss for Town and land us in deep trouble already.

But, the way Pikochu worded it, sounds more like a joke to me rather than anything else.

Am I mido? D:
Yes.
So, I guess it was mostly a random kill, I thought it was gonna be Mido tbh.
Why? How do you know Calvin was random? Why did you expect them to kill the miller over someone else?
If Pikochu was scum, he would try to form a case against Calvin on the basis of this read and try to get a lynch against him instead of killing him rather than any other player having a strong town read on his list.
Why? Why Calvin specifically? Why would he build a case on a town read anyways? Why not some other non town read?
Oh damn, I totally forgot the Vig thing. Yes the suggestion of using the Vig shot against a claimed Bomb is super risky as if Contrainer is speaking the truth, we can lose two townies, along with the one the Mafia use their kill on, which would be a huge loss for Town and land us in deep trouble already.

But, the way Pikochu worded it, sounds more like a joke to me rather than anything else.
How did that seem like a joke?

There is some serious Piko defending going on here. Feels like Pika and Piko are buddies....so basically pikachu is scum.....

Life is a lie.

Seriously though I think we might have two scum here.

Not only is the Vigging the Bomb suggestion a little sketchy since there’s possible Mafia motivation behind it, but it’s pretty much ofca stretch from him to suggest that Zinn meant to coax out the Bomb claim in the first place with his joking remark. Especially since he starts his so-called analysis of Zinn by saying he rubs off as Town, but concludes that he’s a slight scum read. I don’t really buy it.

Hey all. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your patience regarding the Flavor text for this game and give y’all a status update.
I just landed back in Chicago from a quick, but busy, business trip. The weeks ahead will be full of Jewish holidays and other distractions (including a visit from our very own Elieson).

However, I should at least have access to my personal laptop for the upcoming weeks, so be expecting flavor to be incoming in the near future.

Thanks for bearing with me. It’s a very hectic time right now, and I did inform AE of this up front.

@FinalArcadia i didn’t vote Max because he didn’t need more votes on him. And I’m always skeptical of large D1 wagons since scum can easily jump on it without much suspicion.

Now though, I like the Pikochu case. Asking for a vig on a bomb claim is totally scummy, though it is a bit on the nose, maybe.

@FinalArcadia i didn’t vote Max because he didn’t need more votes on him. And I’m always skeptical of large D1 wagons since scum can easily jump on it without much suspicion.

Now though, I like the Pikochu case. Asking for a vig on a bomb claim is totally scummy, though it is a bit on the nose, maybe.

What about the rest of the thread? What are your thoughts on pika pika?

I told Calvin the same thing though, there is no reason not to vote someone if you suspect them. You joining the wagon makes it easier for scum, yet it turned big pretty quickly so the only reason to avoid it is if you're scum.

Why? How do you know Calvin was random? Why did you expect them to kill the miller over someone else?
Just a guess, since it was N1 and mostly N1 kills are random unless they go for a power player like you, for example.
The fact that you claimed Miller gives you an even stronger Town read, which could act as a bigger threat for Mafia. Even if you are not a huge threat role wise, you could still be perceived as a threat skill-wise.

Why? Why Calvin specifically? Why would he build a case on a town read anyways? Why not some other non town read?
I meant since he had a null read on Calvin and he said that Calvin was saying recycled stuff, etc., it would have been easier for Pikochu to start a lynch against him rather than killing him.
Also, I never said he would build a case against a Town read, I said that if Pikochu were scum, it would be logical for him to kill someone from his Town reads or someone who was being overall read as Town by everyone rather than killing a null read.

How did that seem like a joke?
This quote here:
Honestly, a vig should target him sooner or later to get rid of that annoying claim.
Feels like Pikochu was annoyed with Contrainer's claim and just wanted him gone, which feels like he was just ranting off his frustration and joked about a Vig shooting him rather than actually seriously suggesting it. At least, that's how I read it.

There is some serious Piko defending going on here. Feels like Pika and Piko are buddies....so basically pikachu is scum.....
This might look like defending but I am not understanding the actual case against Pikochu and just stating my views on it.

Just a guess, since it was N1 and mostly N1 kills are random unless they go for a power player like you, for example.
The fact that you claimed Miller gives you an even stronger Town read, which could act as a bigger threat for Mafia. Even if you are not a huge threat role wise, you could still be perceived as a threat skill-wise.
Or... Mido is scum
Feels like Pikochu was annoyed with Contrainer's claim and just wanted him gone, which feels like he was just ranting off his frustration and joked about a Vig shooting him rather than actually seriously suggesting it. At least, that's how I read it.
I wouldn't call it a joke but I certainly agree with you here in some aspect. It seems very emotion driven and not the most serious of comments. @Pikochu do you still agree with your own statement? Why (not)?

Zinn: Zinn is a wild card for me. For some reason, Zinn rubs off to me as town but there's something about Zinn that makes me think Zinn is perhaps scum too. I think it has to do with bringing up the bomb subject on Day 1 which somehow led to an actual claim of a bomb. I'm leaning slight scum.

Contrainer: Leaning scum on the bomb claim alone and the fact that it's near impossible to test. Honestly, a vig should target him sooner or later to get rid of that annoying claim.

DarthWolf: I do have some confidence what Darth is town given that he is at least moving the conversation forward.
I don't think I mentioned bomb? Contrainer started it by the super obvious "don't vig me"

Town slip?
I mean if so that makes me basically confirmed then. Or I'm just that good at curveballs

tbh I think Piko and Darth are Mafia :v

Also I'm gonna go ahead and claim the game I submitted. Black Butler Mafia, of which Elizabeth Midford from that game who was a Bomb could very well be Contrainer. The way the role worked in my game was that it'd only trigger on a night attack. So day lynching would be safe, but at the same time there's little reason to do so if it fits. Did anyone else submit a game that had a bomb in it?

Back
Top Bottom