• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you know as well as me at the writers do not stick to traditions. If they did then Ash would have lost to Gladion.
cough Orange Islands? cough Battle Frontier? Alola’s League was the exception since that’s the first ever League in Alola. That’s Kinder Surprise prizes of a rookie League compared to the already established big Leagues.

Last edited:
I hope for both Viktor and Gloria. However I don't want to see again the female character that follows Ash without doing anything important. I would like to see something like Pokemon Chronicles.

Is 'Viktor' the new 'Claire'? And by something like Chronicles, do you mean one-off episodes that aren't part of a bigger subplot?

It is weird not having any official Gen8 Ash art revealed...

I don't find this odd because I feel like generally, Ash's art isn't revealed until or after the companions are. I'm almost certain the SM cast (including Ash) was all revealed at once. DP they showed Dawn and Paul first, which was why people thought Ash was done then. The only art that's been revealed in relation to this series so far is the starters. We haven't seen any humans as of yet.

I sincerely hope they show this stuff next Sunday, or even better, it leaks before then. Imagine we wait for a whole month and they still reveal next to nothing. I tend to doubt it, but it honestly wouldn't be that surprising.

I don't know if I am happy about this news or not. Let's see what the anime will be like.

Sadly this means we will not have the chance to see the whole Galar region in its full animated beauty. Too bad, because this region and its characters look really interesting.

A New Tweet from the Account. I guess this confirms the Anime will be set in All Regions equally....

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1174880866872393728?s=19

Bing translate:

"The new series is set in all regions.
For three people
First Partner Pokemon Plush 24 Body Set

A present
▼How to apply
(1)
@anipoke_PR
Follow up on
(2) RT this tweet

Deadline: 2019/9/29 23:59 ▼Application Terms and Conditions"

Nothing about it says 'equally'.

Wouldn't mind trying to win a Chimchar plushie though.

Last edited:
Being "set in all regions" doesn't necessarily mean that they will all be featured equally. It just means that the writers can take Ash to any region that they want. The first region will probably be Galar, and I'm sure that it will get the love it deserves, but after that Ash can leave and spend time in another region.

I've come to the conclusion that reverting the title of the series simply to "Pocket Monsters" is a way to finally separate the anime from the games. Starting now, the anime will serve to promote the entire franchise, with the core games being only one part of that. I believe that the anime will become completely reactive to whatever happens to be hot with the Pokemon franchise at the time. In November, the new hotness will be Sword and Shield, and as such the anime will give it plenty of attention. But when the next big thing comes along (Sinnoh remakes/Masters expansion/etc.) the show will switch on a dime to promote that.

I believe that this will be the last Pokemon series, but that it will continue indefinitely. Instead of creating a new series for every core game, each new release will be treated with their own arc in this new long-form series. The best example I can think of would be Battle Frontier. It largely existed as a promotion for FRLG, even though it was still part of Advanced Generation. Obviously this was done due to Gen 4 being delayed, but I think this helps point the way for the future of the series. Ash will continue from one major arc to another, without the need for a soft reboot.

By the way if there IS a Sinnoh arc next year, I hope it will be Battle Frontier part 2.

Being "set in all regions" doesn't necessarily mean that they will all be featured equally. It just means that the writers can take Ash to any region that they want. The first region will probably be Galar, and I'm sure that it will get the love it deserves, but after that Ash can leave and spend time in another region.

I've come to the conclusion that reverting the title of the series simply to "Pocket Monsters" is a way to finally separate the anime from the games. Starting now, the anime will serve to promote the entire franchise, with the core games being only one part of that. I believe that the anime will become completely reactive to whatever happens to be hot with the Pokemon franchise at the time. In November, the new hotness will be Sword and Shield, and as such the anime will give it plenty of attention. But when the next big thing comes along (Sinnoh remakes/Masters expansion/etc.) the show will switch on a dime to promote that.

I believe that this will be the last Pokemon series, but that it will continue indefinitely. Instead of creating a new series for every core game, each new release will be treated with their own arc in this new long-form series. The best example I can think of would be Battle Frontier. It largely existed as a promotion for FRLG, even though it was still part of Advanced Generation. Obviously this was done due to Gen 4 being delayed, but I think this helps point the way for the future of the series. Ash will continue from one major arc to another, without the need for a soft reboot.

By the way if there IS a Sinnoh arc next year, I hope it will be Battle Frontier part 2.
Gosh I hope this is true, this would be amazing. But at the same time, it basically is a 30 Minute Weekly commercial for the franchise...

Gosh I hope this is true, this would be amazing. But at the same time, it basically is a 30 Minute Weekly commercial for the franchise...

Doesn't the anime taking place in all regions, kind of contradict the idea that its a 30 minute commercial?

If they really wanted to continue pushing that, why wouldn't the anime ONLY take place in Galar?

Doesn't the anime taking place in all regions, kind of contradict the idea that its a 30 minute commercial?

If they really wanted to continue pushing that, why wouldn't the anime ONLY take place in Galar?
No, if the Anime is taking the All-Regions route that means they can make any Pokémon they want to appear, which includes Legendaries and Mythicals. It actually will be the most-merch driven to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom