• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do we even know if regular Corviknight is Commondori3? This might just be a weird way for them to catalogue forms.

Commondori1 - Corviknight pre-evo
Commondori2 - Corviknight
Commondori3 - Corviknight's gigantamax form. They then add a G to identify it as such. GCommondori3.
For the last time, because it's redundant and double-naming. They would just call G-Corviknight GCommondori2 in order to have it be a different file name than regular Corviknight. Why would they differentiate it by naming it Commondori3 and then take the extra step of also adding a G, when Commondori3 would already be a unique file name that separates it from Commondori2?

For the last time, because it's redundant and double-naming. They would just call G-Corviknight GCommondori2 in order to have it be a different file name than regular Corviknight. Why would they differentiate it by naming it Commondori3 and then take the extra step of also adding a G, when Commondori3 would already be a unique file name that separates it from Commondori2?
So on this note doesn’t that mean that the three starters will not have a G-form? Which sort of makes sense unless all starters have the ability to use it right off the bat, because I cannot see them doing dynamax raids for starters.

We don't even know if regular Corviknight is Commondori3, you're making that assumption yourself. We just know that its gigantamax form is GCommondori3. Commondori3 would not be enough to differenciate it from a regular evolution. So they further add a G to signal that the 3rd model is a gigantamax form. It's not hard to understand.

So on this note doesn’t that mean that the three starters will not have a G-form? Which sort of makes sense unless all starters have the ability to use it right off the bat, because I cannot see them doing dynamax raids for starters.
If the Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble had a "G" before their code names then that means that the base stages would have Gigantamax forms.

While I personally wouldn’t jump from Commondori2 to Gcommondori3, that’s not to say GameFreak wouldn’t. However, I think it’s pretty likely since Corviknight’s codename is Commondori (someone pointed out this meant common bird) that it’s the regional bird, which would mean it probably has 3 stages.

We don't even know if regular Corviknight is Commondori3, you're making that assumption yourself. We just know that its gigantamax form is GCommondori3. Commondori3 would not be enough to differenciate it from a regular evolution. So they further add a G to signal that the 3rd model is a gigantamax form. It's not hard to understand.
I mean, you're making an assumption too, so I don't see how that argument is any more valid than geebraprint's. At least geebraprint's makes more sense since why would they use two symbols when one would be enough the denominate a different file? They could easily just use a G, having a different model shouldn't really matter, the G would be enough to indicate that it's the Gigantamax model.

The numbers do indicate the specific stage of each pokémon. We know that every single starter have 3 stages, so it's easy to think that Sobble is Chameleon 1, Sizzile is Chameleon 2, and Intelleon is Chameleon 3. Your theory only makes sense if the numbers don't have any meaning about the quantity of stages, what I find strange. We also know that pikachu's clones are pokémon with just one stage, so Morpeko fits in the rule, since it name has not any number.

Edit: Since almost all regional birds have 3 stages (Pidgey's line, Starly's line, Pidove's line, Pikipek's line), It's probable that Corviknight's line has 3 stages too.

But do we even know if regular Corviknight is Commondori3? This might just be a weird way for them to catalogue forms.

Commondori1 - Corviknight pre-evo
Commondori2 - Corviknight
Commondori3 - Corviknight's gigantamax form. It's not the same as regular Corviknight. They then add a G to identify the model as a gigantamax form. GCommondori3. Yeah, it does feel redundant but there's a nuance.

EDIT: Megas are a good analogy to explain this. Mega Audino could be something like MAudino2. It would just mean that Audino has 2 different forms - the regular single stage form plus its mega evolution Audino2. To identify the second form as a mega evolution in the system, (because it could be a gigantamax form or a different thing altogether) they'd add an M.
Exactly.
Gigantamax pokemon is still an evolution so it probably has it's own code name.

edit adding, When you look at a big file a G is a nice quick way to find the gigantamax Pokemon. That is a small purpose.

But we do know that gigantamax Corviknight is called Gcommondori3. We don't know what regular Corviknight is called. I'm not saying that I'm right. I'm just trying to point out that there's two ways you could interpret the identification system. Maybe it's just because I'm not a native English speaker and I'm not explaining it properly :confused_emoji:

Commondori3 would not be enough to differenciate it from a regular evolution. So they further add a G to signal that the 3rd model is a gigantamax form. It's not hard to understand.
The "G" alone indicates that the file is a Gigantamax form of Commondori 3.
It makes sense since we know that the Alolan starters use 1, 2, 3 to indicate evolutions, so a letter would be most probably used to indicate the Gigantamax.

Exactly.
Gigantamax pokemon is still an evolution so it probably has it's own code name.
No, Gigantamax isn’t an evolution. Dynamax isn’t an evolution, and Gigantamax is to Dynamax what exclusive crystals are to z-moves.

But we do know that gigantamax Corviknight is called Gcommondori3. We don't know what regular Corviknight is called. I'm not saying that I'm right. I'm just trying to point out that there's two ways you could interpret the identification system. Maybe it's just because I'm not a native English speaker and I'm not explaining it properly :confused_emoji:
XD Me too. It's hard to me to explain what I'm thinking.

I'm not addressing any of you anymore that keep thinking they would actually add both a G AND denote it as a new evolution by adding to the number. Think what you want, but know it's not based in logic. I'm done because it's like I'm talking to a wall.

What do you mean here? There's nothing that says the starters will not have gigantamax forms. Only that there is no gigantamax forms for the starters in the camera program.

I do hope none of them are single stages, thought! Specially since blueberry Alcremie made me warm up to it so much more :D The demonic red eyes were seriously throwing me off.
Based on the codenames, the only Pokemon that are confirmed to be single stage are Morpeko and Duraludon, although Cramorant could also be singlem stage, considering that its codename has not been revealed yet.

What do you mean here? There's nothing that says the starters will not have gigantamax forms. Only that there is no gigantamax forms for the starters in the camera program.
I was trying to mentally figure out the way they would code them. If all forms would have a G, or just the one that was actually the coded gigantamax form.
Ex: gorilla1 vs Ggorilla1

I got it now. My brain is just wakin up slow

I'm not addressing any of you anymore that keep thinking they would actually add both a G AND denote it as a new evolution by adding to the number. Think what you want, but know it's not based in logic. I'm done because it's like I'm talking to a wall.

Dude, we've all acknowledged you're most likely right. I was just trying to understand the other side and theorizing about different possibilities. You don't have to be rude about it.

The "G" alone indicates that the file is a Gigantamax form of Commondori 3.
It makes sense since we know that the Alolan starters use 1, 2, 3 to indicate evolutions, so a letter would be most probably used to indicate the Gigantamax.

No, Gigantamax isn’t an evolution. Dynamax isn’t an evolution, and Gigantamax is to Dynamax what exclusive crystals are to z-moves.
I would not equate Gigantamax with z-moves. Gigantamax actually has a form change beyond a power change. It is technically an evolution that happens in battle.
Dynamax I would equate with z-moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom