• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia War of the Elements v6 - Endgame - 09/20/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase 3 - 09/16/2019
Endgame - 09/20/2019
1: @MegaPod
2: @DarthWolf
3: @FinalArcadia
4: @Parissong
5: @Midorikawa
6: @Tood
7: @Acrobatic Crobat
8: @AussieEevee
9: @prog rocker
10: @Contrainer

And with that, the game has ended! Thank you all for playing!

PlayerPokémon# Correct
MegaPodPancham (Fighting)9
DarthWolfAbsol (Dark)9
Acrobatic CrobatDragonair (Dragon)9
ToodNosepass (Rock)7
MidorikawaTyphlosion (Fire)4
ParissongAlakazam (Psychic)3
FinalArcadiaTornadus (Flying)2
AussieEeveePoipole (Poison)0
prog rockerMelmetal (Steel)-
ContrainerAvalugg (Ice)-

Congratulations to the winners!

Here are the moves each player was given for this game.
MegaPodBrick BreakDual ChopBody SlamThunder Punch
DarthWolfNight SlashWater PulseZen HeadbuttSuperpower
FinalArcadiaAir SlashFocus BlastU-TurnSmack Down
ParissongZen HeadbuttFocus BlastThunder PunchFire Punch
MidorikawaBlast BurnDouble KickExtrasensoryWild Charge
ToodRock SlideFire PunchDazzling GleamIce Punch
Acrobatic CrobatTwisterIcy WindWrapBrutal Swing
AussieEeveePoison JabIron TailSignal BeamPeck
prog rockerFlash CannonBrick BreakThunder PunchEarthquake
ContrainerIce BeamSuperpowerStone EdgeEarthquake

Now how many people spammed fighting the first round, almost everyone did that.

Anyway, thanks a again for playing.
@Acrobatic Crobat @MegaPod glad you could join me. I was hoping you'd connect the missing links and figured out my type after sharing the others.

As a general note. I could have won this game alone, like I've done in the past. However this time I've decided to share my final results with the person who helped me the most. AC and MP helped me out just as much so I gave it to both and adviced them to contact each other. So for any future game, think back to this and be a bit more cooperative if you want to win :p

That's a lot of fighting type in those movesets, wow.

I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. Should have probably started more OCs of my own at some point so I didn't have to resort to guessing half the types towards the end :confused:

Anyway, this was fun, and I wish that more people had joined so that we could have gotten all 18 types involved.

Can we just ban Darth from WOTE?

I was getting pretty close with mine, just needed like one more phase no more than two.

I will say not knowing who was using what move hurt, along with the fact that we had to try to guess what 8 types weren’t in the game.

I actually had acrobatic as dragon in my final guess but changed it upon seeing no dragon types moves so I guessed dragon type wasn’t in the game.

Congrats to the three winners!! And thanks for hosting, Max!

I think I'm just too much of a non-OC person to really excel in the versions of WotE that allow OC since I just prefer working alone in general haha.

Yay, I won! Big thanks and congrats to my fellow winners, Darth and Crobat! I really couldn’t have done it without ‘em, though. :v Body Slam wasn’t gonna be much use for me since I already had an immunity check for Ghost, so I probably would’ve ended up wishing I had a better coverage move in its place without the great help I got from Darth and later Crobat. also, I kinda wish I coulda been Melmetal, heheheh Anyways, thanks for hosting, Max!

I'm sure some of you are certainly curious how I went about piecing together the movesets, since I had so many with a Fighting-Type move.

So what I did was take the Type chart, cut out the 'effectiveness rows' for all the Types of moves from a specific Pokémon and try to figure out what combination of STAB + 3 other Types creates no repeating effectiveness pattern.

For example, for Typhlosion:

For most of the Pokémon, I could find a moveset that works perfectly without OC. The one exception (that immediately comes to mind, anyway) was Absol. This was my reason for thinking of how to re-implement OC without it effectively breaking the game.
oh, how horribly I failed at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom