• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

It's better not to run them in background. Or restart it to download parts of them.
No, I managed to get the game. The problem is with the "downloading additional data" part once you start the game. And I didn't leave it in the background, which is why I saw pretty weird things, like the download percentage going down from 80% to 50% at least three times.

I really dislike that the only thing I do when going into Pokemon Masters is really collect the login bonuses (which in and of themselves aren't great) and immediately close the game.

I'm just kind of debating whether or not the end-game co-op is really worth it. There's a ton of complaining on r/PokemonMasters about peope autoing on EX VH difficulty modes when they shouldn't, and unnecessary buffing costing matches and Unity gauges... it all seems rather stressful to me. @_@

I really dislike that the only thing I do when going into Pokemon Masters is really collect the login bonuses (which in and of themselves aren't great) and immediately close the game.

I'm just kind of debating whether or not the end-game co-op is really worth it. There's a ton of complaining on r/PokemonMasters about peope autoing on EX VH difficulty modes when they shouldn't, and unnecessary buffing costing matches and Unity gauges... it all seems rather stressful to me. @_@

Co-op is a real pain to play. Not only do you get stuck with players who have no idea what they're doing 90% of the time, but co-op is just so unbearably slow to play through. We can't speed it up like single player, which I absolutely hate. There's no bigger time waster in this game as bad as spending ~5 minutes on a single battle with a decent team only to lose by a pixel of HP. I just do the bare minimum to get all the diamonds, and I never touch co-op again.

The rewards from the event tickets are nowhere near good enough to justify me spending an entire day slogging through co-op.

Fully agreed with the above, what I really think the game is missing most right now is good single player content. I don't play this to play with random other people, I play this cause I want to collect cool trainers and make teams with them. My own teams, not teams of me and two other people. Including co-op is fine and all, but making it the main game is really the worst decision they could've made. Why aren't there hard and very hard single player difficulties for all the story maps? That alone would've made for a lot more content to get through.

All there is to do now is:
  1. Level up units to lvl100. You'd think getting the gym notes would be the biggest problem but it's really not. Unlocking the last level cap requires 100-200 golden buff items per unit. The very hard training courses only give 4 of these per battle. So you're mostly stuck autobattling the training courses for literal hours to level up your units. I've been ill for two days and have now max leveled two whole units. Two.

2. Doing the events for the vouchers. Yay, more autobattling cause I'm just getting the vouchers through the hard maps, since the very hard maps are simply hell. You'd think they could think of more fun missions than just 'battle this map 10 times'. How about missions for the singleplayer maps? How about things like 'beat this map with a fire-type sync pair'? Or 'beat this map without using a sync move' I dunno, anything that offers more diversity and fun than 'do this 10 times'.

3. Doing the EX co-op maps at the very end of the game to unlock and upgrade gear. These are extremely hard co-op missions and co-op in itself is just not a fun game mechanic in any way. Like Tood above me said, it's slow as hell and you just have to be lucky with good team mates, most of the time you just lose and have literally wasted 5-10 minutes of your life. And if you want to win you're mostly stuck using very specific units. Which not only forces me to build units I couldn't care less about, it also gives me zero use for the like 10 units I do like and are now just turning into dust in the team menu cause there's nothing for them to do.
The extreme lack of gems also isn't helping at all. Having been through almost all maps now, my recourse of gems is completely dry and I'm dependant on the daily and log-in gems. Which in one week give 460 gems. You can only get one summon in a week. Only to get a fourth Crasher Wake as happened to me yesterday -_-

I do assume the game will improve in the future, but I sure hope they hurry up. From what I can see on Reddit everyone is either bored and only logs in every day or is frustrated as hell cause doing co-op is just... frustrating as hell. I don't think the game is going to survive very long if it stays in this state for too long, it's not as if the log-in bonuses even motivate people that much to log in each day, the last two days can easily be skipped even.

What I think the game definitely needs is:
  • More single player content and less forcing people to play co-op to get the good items. I know many people who are simply terrified of touching co-op, especially after they've seen all the complaining on Reddit, so they're just thinking of quitting cause that leaves them very little to do. Give us a way to get the items through single player content too and you've made a big group of people very happy.
  • More gems for the love of god. These events last two weeks, the amount of gems you get in two weeks from log-in, daily missions and the event missions gives you about 4 summons. Four. Having seen plenty of people not get Lyra with 12k gems I seriously wonder why they think four summons will be of use to anyone.
  • Better log-in bonuses. Most gachas have the highest bonus at the end of the week cause you know, logging in 7 times in a row should be the biggest achievement. So you'd expect 300 gems to end the week with a summon, but nope have this level-up manual I could easily get like 6 of after autobattling one trainer course.
  • Daily free or discounted summon. Lots of gachas do this and it's a good way to get people to open the game every day, especially with the extreme lack of gems right now. Just give that daily discounted summon to F2P players too ffs.
  • Less grinding. Seriously, just give more items through the training courses or lower the insane amount you need to unlock the last level cap. That way building units also becomes doable for people who don't have the time (or the battery life) to grind for hours.
  • Make 4* units easier to get. The game has only been out for three weeks and the amount of 3* duplicates I get is already annoying me to no end. I've already maxed Winona and only need one more Liza and Crasher Wake to max them too. Meanwhile I've not seen a single Gardenia, Shauntal, Lorelei, Sophocles, Grant, Blaine, Agatha or Marshall. The fact that you have to get 5 of each unit first before they turn into tickets isn't helping either, summoning became extremely unfun really fast. Making the 4* units more available would at least offer some more diversity in what you get.
Sorry for the tl;dr but hnnn I want this game to improve so bad. I really love being able to collect trainers and their 3D-models, animations and voices are amazing, the game did really well in that regard. It just frustates me so much that getting the units you like is really hard, even when they're just a 4*, and that once I get them there's hardly any content for them if they aren't one of the chosen co-op stars. Please just give me more single player content and more gems so I can enjoy this game a lot more.

My problem isn't the lack of single player content at the moment. I'm just too lazy to grind for whatever it is I need to overcome Iris and the Very Hard trainers. I know that I'd have an easier time with Rosa, but I'd much rather use Meganium (which looks pretty great) and I don't have enough gems for Lyra.

What is the desired level range by the time you face Cheren?

I'm so sick of Wulfric. I've summoned him 7 times.

What is the desired level range by the time you face Cheren?

I had to be lvl 75-80 to beat him, that battle is extremely tough.

And I'm lucky that I like Rosa but I hear from others that they have a tough time beating the chapters without her too. It is really annoying how the game itself is biased towards certain units, especially in co-op where I've learned the hard way there's a lot you can't beat if you don't use Hau. And I can't stand Hau and will forever hate the game for making me waste recourses on him just so I can progress :/

Honestly? I don't see the game surviving long-term if it goes on like this.

Gem distribution is shit, they require us to do co-op for all the good stuff except it's godawful slow and you need to grind like hell for stuff.

And if that all isn't bad enough, there's also the really low pull rates for summons. There's nothing that really makes up for the entire struggle.

We got the next scouting sync pairs for October; Hilda -> Brendan -> Grimsley -> Cynthia.

Apparently Elesa was datamined as a 5-star unit. Don't know if she's free or part of a 5-star banner, but if I had to guess, it's the latter. She's my favorite gen 5 character, so I'm happy. Not like I have any gems to get her or anyone else I like, but it's nice

Unova's getting a lot of attention lately, I wonder why?

You mean this? I guess that TPC consider N, Elesa, Skyla and Rosa to be marketable. They're definitely on the fanservicy side.
I didn't know that existed, but that's some beautiful art right there.

edit: i see they included best husbando, hiker david. TPC has good taste

Last edited:
So someone somewhere did some math: If you play every other day to restart the daily gift cycle for 100 free gems, after two weeks you'd get only 10 gems less than if you played every day.

:bulbaFacepalm: Like... what?

I could have been putting half the ""effort"" into this game than I have been; and would have got almost exactly the same reward. Oh yeah, but I also get a couple of precious and amazingly rare 1* manuals, so I guess that makes it worth playing every day.

I'm still hoping for improvements since it's been only about a month since the official launch at the start of September, but it's a bit hard to keep my hopes up...

So someone somewhere did some math: If you play every other day to restart the daily gift cycle for 100 free gems, after two weeks you'd get only 10 gems less than if you played every day.

:bulbaFacepalm: Like... what?

I could have been putting half the ""effort"" into this game than I have been; and would have got almost exactly the same reward. Oh yeah, but I also get a couple of precious and amazingly rare 1* manuals, so I guess that makes it worth playing every day.

I'm still hoping for improvements since it's been only about a month since the official launch at the start of September, but it's a bit hard to keep my hopes up...
Yeah, I really don't get their login bonuses... Like, other games start you with something small and then day 7 is usually something real good. This game seems to give you something worse each day. Like, why bother?

Thanks. There's currently an offer to buy three crystals for 5,000 coins, but the only evolution I can do right now is Snivy into Servine.

Back
Top Bottom