• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding literally one building wouldn’t drastically change the town layout, and like @Grass Type Gardenia said, if they combine Pokémon Centre and Pokemarts there will be enough space easily, specially if customisation is executed on a smaller scale than SwSh to keep Dawn and Lucas recognisable, maybe.
They do already have alternate costumes in the original games. When you enter the contests, you change outfits. Therefore, the contest facilities should double up as the place for makeovers.

Well, if in some way Phantump or Pumpkaboo lines make it to Eterna Forest it would put her in a dilemma. ;)
She’ll probably still love Rowlit if it evolves into Decidueye, regardless of it becoming a Ghost Type. Like she would still love Roserade if it evolves into a Ghost Type, as mentioned by her in Masters.

Especially when it started out as a Grass/Flying and knows it for a good long while.

Rowlet would be perfect for Eterna...I would love to see a Rowlet perched on Torterra's tree! :bulbaLove:
_

I just hope that in a Sinnoh remake they put a "DS sounds" just like the "GB sounds" in HGSS. I love this and I missed a similar tool in ASOR. :(

Last edited:
If we're really doing this regional dex only thing I really hope gamefreak goes with platinums pokedex.

And better yet I hope any pokemon who did not appear in swsh appear in these games so we can have all the pokemon in one generation.

This. If they're going to insist on this policy of not having every Pokemon programmed into the game, they should at least do what they did with ORAS and have it so every Pokemon is available between each game of the generation. That way, everyone's favorites are available in at least one game and don't get forgotten for years.

Yeah, the least they could do is have every single Pokemon who weren't available in SW/SH to be available in the DP remake. Another benefit is that they would be able to just copy the data of both games onto each other's data through an update that brings battling compatibility between both pairs of games. It's entirely possible to do that in today's games.

I hope that in a Sinnoh remake, DP's trees are kept instead of Platinum's, namely Eterna's. Bike stands should be removed since they are mostly decorative, and street lighting should be included, since it was a nice add to HGSS and makes sense.

I hope that in a Sinnoh remake, DP's trees are kept instead of Platinum's, namely Eterna's. Bike stands should be removed since they are mostly decorative, and street lighting should be included, since it was a nice add to HGSS and makes sense.
Dynamic lighting should be a no brainer for it at this point. Shadows by the characters and objects are a must for 3D Switch games.

I like how the two halves of Sinnoh have different trees in Platinum. I wonder if they'd split the PokeDex in a remake?

I like how the two halves of Sinnoh have different trees in Platinum. I wonder if they'd split the PokeDex in a remake?
I think the PokeDex should be split into West Sinnoh and East Sinnoh while the third dex option would be just Sinnoh to encompass it's own National Dex-like feature that includes every Pokemon found in the region.

Bike stands should be removed since they are mostly decorative

I disagree. I think they're a neat world building thing, and thus should stay. It'd be really nice if some stands had bikes on them that changed every time you entered the area. Just something to make Sinnoh feel more alive and lived in.

Last edited:
I like how the two halves of Sinnoh have different trees in Platinum.
Never noticed the tree thing since I don't have Platinum, but that's kind of cool!

Another world building detail I also liked were all the air vents scattered around Sinnoh that connected to the underground tunnels. I'm eager to see what the Underground would be like in a remake since there's no dual screens on the Switch (or touchscreen either if you play with the switch docked).

I personally want the underground to be more than just a minigame this time around, I kind of want it to be the MMO area of the game. But since Nintendo decided to make their online service peer-to-peer, I don't see that happening since it would be too much for one Switch to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom