• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM140: Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOBODY knows that Kukui is the Masked Royal, not even his own wife. Only Faba, Molayne, and Ash's Torracat know. It's just like how no one can see through Team Rocket's disguises.
one-does-not-simply-recognize-team-rocket-9gag-s-your-18751568.png

TR are definitely the worst offenders since, even if by some insane level of stupidity you don’t recognize the voice, hair color or hairstyle, how does anyone fall for Meowth’s disguises? How man Meowth faced people can there be in the world?
And then there's also the fact that Ash and friends recognized them through their disguises the first time they ever wore any, but almost never since.

And then there's also the fact that Ash and friends recognized them through their disguises the first time they ever wore any, but almost never since.
Electric Shock Showdown was one of those moments if my memory serves, I guess moments like that could count as Early Installment Weirdness?

Electric Shock Showdown was one of those moments if my memory serves, I guess moments like that could count as Early Installment Weirdness?
That was actually the very first time that I mentioned. It's just weird that they start by being able to see through the disguises, and then go to not being able to do so.

So excited for Naganadel! The only (potential) evolutions left in the series are Torracat & Snowy now?
Only future episodes will tell us if they wanted to make it happen or not. But the start of searching for Mohn are inevitable.

Is it confirmed Naganadel will be talking, I know the wild one spoke
If you can recalled some of the previous episode before and in Necrozma arc during in pre-evolve form, Poipole actually does speak, but not very clearly.

Last edited:
Snowy might evolve before or during the graduation, especially if Lillie mirrors her game counterpart to go on her own journey (starting with Kanto obviously).

Torracat, I hope not. There's more of an appeal to Torracat's design and it beating Incineroar w/o evolving.

Snowy might evolve before or during the graduation, especially if Lillie mirrors her game counterpart to go on her own journey (starting with Kanto obviously).

Torracat, I hope not. There's more of an appeal to Torracat's design and it beating Incineroar w/o evolving.
^

i like torracat design more anyway

That plus it would really feel like the writers were rushing things if they were to suddenly be throwing evolutions Ash’s way within the span of just 5 episodes should it happen during the full battle. I’d say Ash getting Naganadel basically shot down any chances of Torracat evolving.

Interesting enough, XY099 and 100 focus on Greninja's alternate form, later called as Ash-Greninja, which was the main focus of the incidents after Kalos League. Now we have SM100 and 101 focusing on parallel universe of Zeraora and Guzzlord, which is the main focus of the incidents happening after the League again.

Poipole stated it wanted to protect its homeworld, correct? Logically, a puny little bee couldn't do that by itself, so training was needed. No different than Charizard and Gliscor (and Goodra I guess).

I don't think it's fair to compare them to Poipole. Both Charizard and Gliscor had at least an entire episode dedicated to them wanting to get stronger, which helped to set up their eventual "releases", as well as build up to them (heck, Charizard's desire to become stronger was even a key part of its development even prior to its quote-unquote "release" (and, to a lesser extent, the same goes for Gliscor)). Poipole, on the other hand, was barely shown to be interested in Pokémon battles, much less wanting to become more powerful (or even wanting to become its world's protector, for that matter), so it deciding to leave Ash for the sake of helping to protect its world comes out of nowhere and just feels like a cheap attempt to create an emotional goodbye scene.

And, now that I think about it, its release makes even less sense when you consider the reasons why it decided to leave. If it wanted to become the guardian of its homeworld (which, as you say, implies that it would need to train and become stronger), then why didn't it stay with Ash? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have someone more experienced with whom to train and battle to help you improve yourself, rather than doing it with a bunch of creatures who are generally playful and barely have some experience, if any at all, regarding battling? Wouldn't it be better and more efficient to strengthen yourself in a setting that promotes battling and training, a place where you're more likely to be challenged and grow from overcoming those challenges?

And then there're the IRL-related queries. Why have Poipole be released when it barely did anything relevant outside of being overly adorable and occasionally tease the Necrozma arc, only for it to eventually return at the most convenient time ever (when Ash needs a sixth team member for his full battle)? Why have it evolve off-screen and waste possible character development? If you're gonna eventually release it so that Ash wouldn't have an OP Pokémon in his party, why not have some build-up to its release, have some episodes on it wanting to become stronger to defend its home or have some moments during one of the Necrozma arc episodes that suggests that, so it would feel like it's the natural progression of the story, instead of it being a sudden, contrived way to nerf Ash and/or create an emotional release à la Butterfree for no reason?

It’s a psychic move, so I guess we won’t see it against Guzzlord.
Actually it could since it doesn't actually have to damage Guzzlord just hit it with enough force to push it through the ultra wormhole which since it is a giant laser beam it should be able to do.

You're technically right but since Melmetal only got one battle after it had evolved it's not a completely fair assessment of his power.
True but, Melmetal also doesn't completely listen to Ash either so that is a point against it since it is only slightly better than the situation Ash had with Charizard as at least Melmetal will fight anything so he can count on it to do something even if it doesn't listen.

Actually it could since it doesn't actually have to damage Guzzlord just hit it with enough force to push it through the ultra wormhole which since it is a giant laser beam it should be able to do.

True but, Melmetal also doesn't completely listen to Ash either so that is a point against it since it is only slightly better than the situation Ash had with Charizard as at least Melmetal will fight anything so he can count on it to do something even if it doesn't listen.
The difference with Melmetal is that he's just hasty and way too trigger happy more than anything, but it seems like he's gotten a bit more in sync with Ash during the Silvally fight (Ash was actually mimicking his moves for a moment), so they're probably understanding each other more now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom