• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see why Ash losing this match matters, he's already the League Conference winner. This match is an exhibition/friendly match with nothing at stake. Besides, having a fully evolved Mythical and a UB on his team means he gets to give Kukui some serious competition and only Incineroar is looking like a challenge atm unless Kukui pulls a Tobias.

I really don't see why Ash losing this match matters, he's already the League Conference winner. This match is an exhibition/friendly match with nothing at stake. Besides, having a fully evolved Mythical and a UB on his team means he gets to give Kukui some serious competition and only Incineroar is looking like a challenge atm unless Kukui pulls a Tobias.
Well Kukui might as well be the strongest trainer in Alola, equivalent to a Champion. So if Ash beats him, it'll show how Ash has grown to the strength of a champion himself.

Well Kukui might as well be the strongest trainer in Alola, equivalent to a Champion. So if Ash beats him, it'll show how Ash has grown to the strength of a champion himself.
My comment was aimed at Kukui beating Ash. Kukui has nothing at stake, and Ash doesn't risk losing his League Conference Champion status. Ash beating Kukui does make him a metaphorical Regional Champion but that's about it.

I predict Ash will lose to Kukui, and would wish to train further to get better, and the champion duties will be handed over to either Kukui or Gladion.

Okay, so...

Lycanroc, the strongest battler of Ash’s team and battle focus throughout the saga, is gonna get shafted so Torracat doesn’t get smacked down again because the writers clearly haven’t developed it enough to beat Incineroar on its own in a believable way.

Boy, isn’t that lovely.

Okay, so...

Lycanroc, the strongest battler of Ash’s team and battle focus throughout the saga, is gonna get shafted so Torracat doesn’t get smacked down again because the writers clearly haven’t developed it enough to beat Incineroar on its own in a believable way.

Boy, isn’t that lovely.
I’d class it more as a case of Torracat getting shafted since it didn’t even get the common decency of battling its rival (and nearly the ONLY Pokemon the writers let it battle throughout the saga even when Torracat’s entire theme was getting stronger) one on one, when freaking ROWLET got the battle against its fully evolved form and won.

Okay, so...

Boy, isn’t that lovely.
Actually it might have a chance, cause now it knows Revenge, as super effective move against Incineroar. Plus seeing the preview, it's doing real well

Lycanroc shouldn’t be the first to battle Incineroar.

I love how Ash let a not even dedicated Rowlet battle it’s fully evolved form in an actually significant battle to respect the rivalry, even when the odds were against it, do the same for Lycanroc and then choose another Pokemon when it was Torracat’s turn to prove itself.

Even if Torracat wins, it will be due to a weakened Incineroar thanks to Lycanroc. That just undermines the possible victory for me.

Seriously, this series has handled Torracat real badly.

Lycanroc shouldn’t be the first to battle Incineroar.

I love how Ash let a not even dedicated Rowlet battle it’s fully evolved form in an actually significant battle to respect the rivalry, even when the odds were against it, do the same for Lycanroc and then choose another Pokemon when it was Torracat’s turn to prove itself.

Even if Torracat wins, it will be due to a weakened Incineroar thanks to Lycanroc. That just undermines the possible victory for me.

Seriously, this series has handled Torracat real badly.
Let’s just hope the intro of Pikachu battling Incineroar isn’t how this battle ends...

Let’s just hope the intro of Pikachu battling Incineroar isn’t how this battle ends...
...I might explode if that happens.....

At this point I hope Kukui requests to have Torracat be with him for training since it’s pretty clear Ash has no respect for Torracat’s ambitions.

Ash has barely used Torracat which is a great pity so I hope you're right
And refused it it’s final rival battle... It’d be one thing if Lycanroc was chosen after Torracat faints, but Lycanroc being the first used is almost out of character for Ash.

Ash usually allows their Pokemon to sort out their rivalries in battles first and foremost, and did it for each one of his Pokemon in this saga (almost at the cost of a league loss) before this.

And refused it it’s final rival battle... It’d be one thing if Lycanroc was chosen after Torracat faints, but Lycanroc being the first used is almost out of character for Ash.

Its a shame, especially when you consider Rowlet and Lycanroc got to battle and defeat their rivals single handedly

Ash usually allows their Pokemon to sort out their rivalries in battles first and foremost, and did it for each one of his Pokemon in this saga (almost at the cost of a league loss) before this.
Back against Paul, Gliscor was the one on field when Paul sent out Electivire and they had no rivalry with each other, yet they still battled initially. Also quoting the underlined point, Ash sent out Pikachu ahead of Infernape when it was clear that the latter had a much more intense rivalry with Electivire.

Don't jump to conclusions, it's possible that Lycanroc defeats a previous Pokemon of Kukui's who then sends out Incineroar and the battle immediately resumes. Immediately after Duskroc falls, Ash would send out Torracat.

Lycanroc pretending to be Zacian though, lul.

Back against Paul, Gliscor was the one on field when Paul sent out Electivire and they had no rivalry with each other, yet they still battled initially. Also quoting the underlined point, Ash sent out Pikachu ahead of Infernape when it was clear that the latter had a much more intense rivalry with Electivire.

Don't jump to conclusions, it's possible that Lycanroc defeats a previous Pokemon of Kukui's who then sends out Incineroar and the battle immediately resumes. Immediately after Duskroc falls, Ash would send out Torracat.

Lycanroc pretending to be Zacian though, lul.
I was thinking the same thing. There’s nothing implying that Incineroar will be sent out first. A possible example could be Braviary vs Lycanroc where Lycanroc wins and then gets defeated by Kukui’s second Pokémon, Incineroar without getting a successful hit off. Ash could then send out Torracat and it and Incineroar can have their rematch. This is just one of a bunch of possibilities. I wouldn’t get jump to conclusions until we actually see the battle start with Incineroar v Lycanroc.

I guess... but I don’t see Kukui sending out Incineroar in the middle order instead of immediately first, or immediately last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom