• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they still support the Gen IV gender-differences. I'm aware the other regional forms aren't 'native', but they're the same species. Judging from interviews and the like, I can see them adding the data for the non-regional forms. Even with the Dexit taken into account. Just because they're still the same species and GF is still a bit of a completionist in that regard, even if not all species are available for the first time in a main-series game. Smaller dex doesn't necessarily mean rationing.
Regional variants are very different from any other forms. All other forms can be changed based on some item or move or other factor. Regional variants are entirely their own distinct Pokémon species aside from name and national dex number. You can't change between them ever. Gamefreak included all forms per dex number historically because you could change between them in some fashion, or in SM because they had the Tourist trainers that drilled in the new concept of regional variants.

While I could obviously be wrong, I'm still firmly in the belief that they won't make the non-galarian forms compatible. Aside from them not including the non-galarian forms in any trailers thus far, it just doesn't make sense for them to spend time on animating a Kantonian Linoone solely for completionist sake, just to therefore not have the time to animate Diggersby, for example.

Edit: if we're talking about incentive, it actually makes more sense to not include the non-galarian forms. Then you have to purchase an older game in order to have Kantonian Weezing in Pokémon Home, for example.

Regional variants are very different from any other forms. All other forms can be changed based on some item or move or other factor. Regional variants are entirely their own distinct Pokémon species aside from name and national dex number. You can't change between them ever. Gamefreak included all forms per dex number historically because you could change between them in some fashion, or in SM because they had the Tourist trainers that drilled in the new concept of regional variants.

While I could obviously be wrong, I'm still firmly in the belief that they won't make the non-galarian forms compatible. Aside from them not including the non-galarian forms in any trailers thus far, it just doesn't make sense for them to spend time on animating a Kantonian Linoone solely for completionist sake, just to therefore not have the time to animate Diggersby, for example.

Edit: if we're talking about incentive, it actually makes more sense to not include the non-galarian forms. Then you have to purchase an older game in order to have Kantonian Weezing in Pokémon Home, for example.
Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I really get your point, although I hope it isn't the case.

Diggersby is in, btw ;)

Diggersby is in, btw ;)
It is? Ugh, why? Lol Not to hate on Diggersby, of course. I chose a random regional rodent that I thought was comparable to Linoone, that I didn't know was already confirmed. Does anyone like Diggersby? Actually curious.

It is? Ugh, why? Lol Not to hate on Diggersby, of course. I chose a random regional rodent that I thought was comparable to Linoone, that I didn't know was already confirmed. Does anyone like Diggersby? Actually curious.
Yeah, Bunnelby was in the E3 Treehouse show, getting its rear kicked by Scorbunny.

Yeah its overall a fairly solid mon in competitive, huge power, priority, good utility moves in spikes and others, perfect coverage, its only really held back by its average speed, but def very usable. Can think of much worse mons to have in its place.

I think it was a missed opportunity to have that Pokemon in the Unova dex, and not have Team Plasma utilize it. Even worse that the Shadow Triad actually did use Accelgor in BW2, and the line's evolution is based on the idea of jousting. That and not gallantly riding on Zebstrikas, but meh.

As for that rumor... Succubus... haha, yeah... we've got Lopunny to keep that particular crowd happy. A playboy bunny/80s aerobics girl is likely as blatant as Game Freak is willing to go. Also don't see why they'd have a "Johto Farfetch'd evo" when we never got one in the past and obscure the Galar one after a single game. Sir'fetched would probably be obtainable in a hypothetical Johto Let's Go game, along with Galarian Weezing on Kanto's more industrial side.

I still think that Team Plasma, Serperior, Unfezant, Lilligant, the Musketeer Trio and Escavalier were shoved in Unova to fill the Dex but were to be launched in Kalos. But yeah, Escavlier being used by Team Plasma would only make sense.

They announced not all Pokemon would be in the game because they can't code them in back in June. Why would they spend their valuable time coding in an escavelier for it to be in 5 seconds of a trailer for a reveal of another Pokemon to then go back and give it a new form overwriting all the time spent used to code in normal escavelier. I know that even game freak wouldn't do that.
I believe no one expected Dexit and yet it happened and I'm used to publicity stunts and hidden stuff due to Hideo Kojima.

Just because something has a French connection in its design basis doesn't mean it was designed "for Kalos" and then relocated. That's not how their development pattern for the games even works. They didn't start conceptual work on XY until after BW were already released, and the creature designing process for those games was long-since over with. Serperior is European because they wanted each of the Starters to represent a different national aesthetic (Europe, China, and Japan). The Legendary trios appear to be a similar case (with the Musketeers stemming from a French tale, the mascot dragons from Chinese philosophy, the weather spirits from Japanese mythology). Escavalier is a knight because they thought of making a Pokémon based on a snail-eating beetle and then got the idea to make it steal the snail's armor.

I mean what, were Zoroark and Hydreigon actually leftover designs from Sinnoh? Every region has Pokémon that don't really correlate to animals or ideas found in that region's real-world basis.

Does anyone like Diggersby? Actually curious.

Yes. :bulbaWave:

Last edited:
Dang I really chose the wrong regional mammal. Wait, maybe I chose the right one? Imagine if Diggersby wasn't in these games, but they put in Hoennian Linoone. So in a sense, Hoennian Linoone took Diggersby's spot. Hypothetically only, of course. That wouldn't feel great to all the Diggersby fans out there, right?

Because if they do design Hoennian Linoone in, it will be taking someone's spot in a way.

I mean, even the legendary mascots don't usually correlate to their real-world creatures' location. The most obvious example being Solgaleo as there are no wild lions in Hawaii.

Dang I really chose the wrong regional mammal. Wait, maybe I chose the right one? Imagine if Diggersby wasn't in these games, but they put in Hoennian Linoone. So in a sense, Hoennian Linoone took Diggersby's spot. Hypothetically only, of course. That wouldn't feel great to all the Diggersby fans out there, right?

Because if they do design Hoennian Linoone in, it will be taking someone's spot in a way.
It's not taking be anyone's spot they chose who they wanted to be in the game based on "fit" if hypothetically they did use hoenn linoone over diggersby then it's because they thought it was better suited for the game... Old wounds :'( Regardless. I think like others be have mentioned form variants will be in the game but probably only to transfer. I can see them using that as a way to encourage us to pay for home. So we can bring our alolan ninetails and what not. Also as others mentioned they're the same dex numbers and slightly different models. So they could keep the same animations we form variants

New leak:
4Chan source
Corviknight has two prevos, all flying/steel and remain corvids. Names: Corvipage, Corvisquire
Drednaw's prevo is water/rock and is named drednibble and is adorable
Final evo for scorbunny is a pseudo-fighting, typed fire/electric and can run at Mach 2
Final evo for sobble is a spy, water ghost can turn invisible, which is the basis of it's special move, a two turn
Alcremie prevo evolves holding a specific item, determining it's flavor (that's the color, not the decorations)
Polteageist prevo is entitea and always has it's pinky out, signature move of polteageist is Spirit Tea, which is ghost type and can curse the foe while dealing damage
Cramorant has a prevo
oof, forgot grookey
a drummer, feminine by a tad, i'd actually say it's masculine but it is based off mother nature and it's grass/fairy, signature move is some healing nature stuff
Wooloo has three evos iirc, a wolf that is normal/dark and evolves in the night regardless of gender at level 22, a climbing mountain ram which is normal/ground and evolves at level 22 when male, and a fluffier adorable female evo at level 22 and is normal/fairy
Rolycoly becomes a train and rock/fire
Yamper is a thunder dog, and is a greyhound, and a sport wear mascot
Impidimp evolves, and becomes a huge gargoylish demon
Zacian and Zamazenta share a steel typing
oof this leek is big, sirfeth'c shield counterpart is Fuguminium, evolution of qwilfish, and a pure steel type
expect more galarian forms too
there's a fruitbat, he;s adorable and he evolves too

New leak:
4Chan source

Why did they keep typing oof o_O

Gonna be honest, nothing in here is too farfetch'd, but I personally think it's a bit suspicious to have a rumor talking about Alcremie, Drednaw, Corviknight, and Polteagiest's prevos a few days after we just found out about them due to that website stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom