• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said it has to feature a brand new protagonist? It could be someone existing like Bonnie or Max, or even someone built up alongside Ash in the next series, like Hop or Gloria. A smooth transition can happen, provided the writers put effort into it.

And it doesn't necessarily mean Ash's journey is over even if he wins it all. Not unless he ties himself down to one location only (which is why SM felt off in some ways, due to the lack of constant travelling).
I only thought of having Hop in in case there is an International League and that Ash is done collecting badges. However, if he is still collecting badges, then I do not see how Hop will fit in as one of Ash's Companions.

Also wanting to travel to London to get to the Pokemon Center when it opens. I can highly guarantee that it'll be jam packed when I get there. It'll take me over 3 hours by train, since I live in the area where Nessa's Gym Town is located.

With Scorbunny :bulbaLove:
I somehow see Scorbunny being more suited with Ash since it's so energetic and likes to run about, and Sobble for being a Pokemon suited for an overcoming arc, similar to Chimchar. Grookey being filled with boundless curiosity sounds more like Gloria, especially when starting her Pokemon journey. The clue to what she will get is also in the coloring. Gloria has similar pink to Dawn, and yet Dawn has blue hair, she got a Piplup, a Water Starter. Gloria has green and dark brown, matching her up to a mossy/heath forest, meaning that she'll might get Grookey.

Just as XY's starters were parallel to AG, this new anime series might do the same to parallel with DP.

I somehow see Scorbunny being more suited with Ash since it's so energetic and likes to run about, and Sobble for being a Pokemon suited for an overcoming arc, similar to Chimchar. Grookey being filled with boundless curiosity sounds more like Gloria, especially when starting her Pokemon journey. The clue to what she will get is also in the coloring. Gloria has similar pink to Dawn, and yet Dawn has blue hair, she got a Piplup, a Water Starter. Gloria has green and dark brown, matching her up to a mossy/heath forest, meaning that she'll might get Grookey.

Just as XY's starters were parallel to AG, this new anime series might do the same to parallel with DP.
Except SM already did that.

Except SM already did that.
not in a parallel way.
AGXYDPPM
Treeko (Ash)Chespin (ClemontTurtwig (Ash)Grookey (Gloria)
Torchic (May)Fennekin (Serena)Chimchar (Ash)Scorbunny (Ash)
Mudkip (Brock)Froakie (Ash)Piplup (Dawn)Sobble (Ash)

If the "patterns" are actually right then Ash would get all 3 starters, but there's a chance that they aren't.
I'm not talking about the 1,2,3 pattern, I'm talking about a starters parallel between the new series and the remake of an old Gen. XY (Gen 6) did so for Gen 3's Remake, and PM (Gen 8) would do the same for Gen 4's Remake.

I'm not talking about the 1,2,3 pattern, I'm talking about a starters parallel between the new series and the remake of an old Gen. XY (Gen 6) did so for Gen 3's Remake, and PM (Gen 8) would do the same for Gen 4's Remake.
That's only happened once, so it can't be considered a pattern.

I personally don't think Scorbunny looks fitting with Ash at all. It looks way more suited for a female trainer to me. I'm still mixed on Grookey. It would be cool if the female companion got two starters tbh, so I wouldn't mind Gloria having one. But I definitely see her with Scorbunny over anything else, so as long as she has one I'm good.

I agree on Sobble though. I'd be surprised if Ash is in the next series and he doesn't get one.

I personally don't think Scorbunny looks fitting with Ash at all. It looks way more suited for a female trainer to me. I'm still mixed on Grookey. It would be cool if the female companion got two starters tbh, so I wouldn't mind Gloria having one. But I definitely see her with Scorbunny over anything else, so as long as she has one I'm good.

I agree on Sobble though. I'd be surprised if Ash is in the next series and he doesn't get one.
Everyone loves the bunny.

I actually had a funny idea for a story, if they meet Dawn, Scorbunny would fall in love with Dawn's Buneary, however Buneary would still have her crush for Ash's Pikachu, and Pikachu ends up becoming the matchmaker in this love triangle.

All of them look kinda fitting with Ash. Don't forget, Ash also owned a Lapras at one point, and this was also a Pokémon that would have fitted more with Misty.

All of them look kinda fitting with Ash. Don't forget, Ash also owned a Lapras at one point, and this was also a Pokémon that would have fitted more with Misty.
Tbh, Ash having all of them is kind of lame and harms the character development of some of them... it worked out with the Kanto trio only because it was different from every other season (excluding SM), but after that any second/third starter often got shafted (poor Torterra and Johto starters). Even Rowlet has hogged up development that Torracat very much deserved, all because it's popular.

I like how Hoenn and Kalos handled it by giving each member of the trio a starter each.

Last edited:
Correction...

i see how you can say development was better. Both Sceptile and Greninja were the biggest screen time hogs of any starter Pokémon.

The starters for AG and XY were parallels, I did tell you already. Both May and Serena had the Fire Type Starters, whilst who had the Grass and Water Type Starters were switched around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom