• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some food for though on the topic of an AU reboot. Both Rica Matsumoto and the director for SM (I need a source for the latter but I keep hearing about this) have gone out of their way to enforce the idea that Ash winning a league isn't the end of his journey and isn't the last step of becoming a Pokemon master. Now doesn't rebooting the series immediately after Ash wins his first league completely undermine this notion? If winning a league is "one step on his journey", then that means they aren't going to erase it from the canon. These statements (again, I do need source) are pretty hard evidence against a reboot of any kind. If they rebooted, it WOULD be the end of his journey.

Last edited:
Here's some food for though on the topic of an AU reboot. Both Rica Matsumoto and the director for SM (I need a source for the latter but I keep hearing about this) have gone out of their way to enforce the idea that Ash winning a league isn't the end of his journey and isn't the last step of becoming a Pokemon master. Now doesn't rebooting the series immediately after Ash wins his first league completely undermine this notion? If winning a league is "one step on his journey", then that means they aren't going to erase it from the canon. These statements (again, I do need source) are pretty hard evidence against a reboot of any kind. If they rebooted, it WOULD be the end of his journey.
The source is like 5 to 10 pages back. But what you’ve described to what Rika said is 98% accurate. Sounds to me that this new anime will be a continuation.

If the 'all regions' thing about showcasing various other characters, does that mean it'll only show past characters who've appeared before? Or would this also include character's who have never made an appearance in the anime?

Last edited:
If the 'all regions' thing about showcasing various other characters, does that mean it'll only show past characters who've appeared before? Or would this also include character's who have never made an appearance in the anime?
It would probably be past characters from previous regions anime-wise, I doubt they'll start chucking in characters who have never showed up in the anime and are currently game-only.

The one and only, he is by far the best rival we've ever seen on Pokemon
He probably wouldn't think of Ash being Alola's Champion. Although I could see him and Bede on even ground.

The possibilities to what they can do with this new anime is endless.

He probably wouldn't think of Ash being Alola's Champion. Although I could see him and Bede on even ground.
I doubt this. At the end of DP, Paul and Ash formed a bond of mutual respect which is further reflected by Cynthia's words about something being born. If anything, he'll condescend Bede's jerk-ish attitude.

I doubt this. At the end of DP, Paul and Ash formed a bond of mutual respect which is further reflected by Cynthia's words about something being born. If anything, he'll condescend Bede's jerk-ish attitude.
''When every life meets another life, something will be born''

Friendship, marriage, it can mean many things as it is a versitile saying, which makes those words truly special.

Imagine Bede and Marnie competing for the exact same dream as Ash to become Pokemon Master. Imagine Marnie confronting Cynthia and she explains to her of her own faults.

I can also see Cynthia play more of a role in the anime, especially with Leon, like Steven with Diantha.

Last edited:
Do you think that Blaziken will receive a major, supporting or minor role as in the Pokémon Sun & Moon anime series because of being one of the popular Pokémon? Why or why not?

Do you think that Blaziken will receive a major, supporting or minor role as in the Pokémon Sun & Moon anime series because of being one of the popular Pokémon? Why or why not?
Which Blaziken? The Sun and Moon anime is coming to a close in a few episodes. Perhaps in the new series.

I'm honestly impressed this thread has managed to surpass 200 pages on bare bones information.

This month went by a little faster than I was anticipating, but I'm still impatient to find out what's really going on and keep hoping something will leak before Sunday. Maybe Oha Suta will pull through :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom