• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding a weird food combination would be incredibly hard for me, because I'm already so grossed out by the majority of foods to begin with.

The only thing I've got is that I like to put on salt on pretty much everything. lol (except for sweets)

What's vegemite?
Vegemite is a "concentrated yeast extract" spread for sammiches and stuff. Incredibly strong flavour, incredibly salty. Watching foreigners eat it is hilarious because they don't understand that you gotta start small, they always try and take a big glob at once. Of course, when you eat it all the time, you can totally take those big globs and be fine.
What? No, I don't just eat spoonfuls of vegemite... Ok I totally just eat spoonfuls of vegemite sometimes.

when I was a tiny tiny child, watching the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show (yes, I am old), they used to eat really weird shit on their pizzas. And me, being a tiny idiot child and a huge fan of the show, would try some of them. The only ones I remember were peanut butter or vanilla ice cream on pepperoni pizza. I don't remember if it was good or not but I sure as hell wouldn't do that now :ROFLMAO:

Lessee... well, during the war we didn't have pasta sauce so we would put ketchup on pasta instead, plus that terrible "parmesan" Kraft cheese that comes in a green bottle. I kept eating that way for a few years after the war, but eventually phased the ketchup out. I still have a fondness for that powdered cheese crap in the green bottle th0. :ROFLMAO:

Also for awhile I liked eating dill pickles while drinking chocolate milk. I think there was something wrong with me :waitwut:

(25/09/2019) - What's a random fact you know but don't know how?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What's a random fact you know but don't know how?
nj0.png

when praying mantises mate the female devours the males head in the middle of the process for nourishment.

i have nooo idea where i learned this LOL. i like learning about animals but i can't say i remember specifically where i learned this one.

there's something, i forget, but there's something named after pikachu, and there's a dinosaur fossil or something named after aerodactyl, charizard's shiny changed, and slowbro is supposedly the only pokemon that can devolve

I have a few:

Lionesses prefer male lions with bigger/darker manes because it's a sign of strength and resilience or something.

Also Chris Farley was going to be the original voice for Shrek, but he passed away when he was about 95% done with recording. Then they re-wrote the entire script for Mike Myers.

Elvis Presley and Tom Hanks scare a common ancestor: Abraham Lincoln!

When the 1967 classic cartoon version of The Jungle Book was being made, Walt Disney personally gave some of his animators a copy of Kipling classic, and told them NOT to read it.

Also Chris Farley was going to be the original voice for Shrek, but he passed away when he was about 95% done with recording. Then they re-wrote the entire script for Mike Myers.
Wasn't Mike Myers the one that asked for the script changes, or I'm confusing it with another incident? IIRC, Myers is someone that is pretty difficult to work with.

Like the fact there's an enzyme called Sonic Hedgehog
It actually influences the growth of cancerous cells
...oof
It's also important for body segmentation. Fingers, proper segmentation in insects, stuff like that.
It also quite appropriately has an inhibitor protein known as "Robotnikinin"

I know a lot of random animal stuff from just picking things up at work. Like fish can eat peas to help cure swim bladder, which is basically an issue that causes them to swim weird but isn't fatal (in most cases), typically caused by overfeeding and constipation (but can also just be damage to the organ itself). Had to get some for my newer betta fish since he had swim bladder, and it's basically like a laxative for fish. You wouldn't really think fish would eat vegetables like peas, but hey, whatever helps 'em feel better, haha.

(And for the record, he's doing much better now! He seems to be more active and swimming around more overall.)

Well the obvious answer is Ghost Types, with a bit or Dark and Psychic mixed in.

In complete seriousness though, absolutely. The main thing I really put the most stock in is cryptids. I just can't believe that so many independent witnesses would claim to have seen these things if at least some of them weren't true.

Well, I'm a Christian, so I guess that counts in believing in the supernatural.

In complete seriousness though, absolutely. The main thing I really put the most stock in is cryptids. I just can't believe that so many independent witnesses would claim to have seen these things if at least some of them weren't true.
I kinda believe this, too, at least in the case of believable cryptids (as in, creatures that could actually live there) or are actually Lazarus species (animals that were believed to be extinct at one point, but were discovered again in nature).

i don’t really believe in anything supernatural. i love ghosts and hearing about haunted places but in the end i don’t really believe they’re there. it’s still interesting to know why some people do, though.

i’ll admit that i do believe in aliens, but not the green men we see on TV. i just think there’s life on other planets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom