• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some food for though on the topic of an AU reboot. Both Rica Matsumoto and the director for SM (I need a source for the latter but I keep hearing about this) have gone out of their way to enforce the idea that Ash winning a league isn't the end of his journey and isn't the last step of becoming a Pokemon master. Now doesn't rebooting the series immediately after Ash wins his first league completely undermine this notion? If winning a league is "one step on his journey", then that means they aren't going to erase it from the canon. These statements (again, I do need source) are pretty hard evidence against a reboot of any kind. If they rebooted, it WOULD be the end of his journey.
I don't know about the director because Bulbapedia doesn't even state her name, but the Rica interview is being blown out of proportion. For one thing, her Movie 20 interviews failed to make a distinction between the two versions of Ash; she clearly didn't think that the differences were that important. Besides, let's look at what she said now:

-- So to finish things up, please send a message to the CoroCoro readers out there.

Matsumoto: From here on out I think things like Satoshi's sincerity and the parts of him that won't change are gonna stay that way forever. But even so, he'll meet many people and experience many things, and he'll mature just a little bit and maybe be able to go on to the next level. So please keep showing him your support.

Pokemon is what it is because of everyone's support so if you don't cheer him on that he can't win!! (laughs)
This is just her way of saying that she wants people to continue watching the show. No matter what, there will be some Ash with new things to do and see. A reboot would only reset Ash's history that has barely mattered in 9 years. I sincerely doubt that the new series is going to be a walk down memory lane, or that that a reboot would mean wrapping the old Ash's story for good (they could always revisit him in movies and/or future series, if they felt it to be necessary).

I don't know about the director because Bulbapedia doesn't even state her name, but the Rica interview is being blown out of proportion. For one thing, her Movie 20 interviews failed to make a distinction between the two versions of Ash; she clearly didn't think that the differences were that important. Besides, let's look at what she said now:

This is just her way of saying that she wants people to continue watching the show. No matter what, there will be some Ash with new things to do and see. A reboot would only reset Ash's history that has barely mattered in 9 years. I sincerely doubt that the new series is going to be a walk down memory lane.
So you're seriously saying that the new series is so that little children could watch the stuff they weren't around to see?

Also, M20 and M21 were "What If" retellings, I don't know how you can make a TV series out of that?

So you're seriously saying that the new series is so that little children could watch the stuff they weren't around to see?

Also, M20 and M21 were "What If" retellings, I don't know how you can make a TV series out of that?
I have no doubt that the target audience is still kids and as such returning to old regions will not be about reliving the past per se.

Movie 21 wasn't a retelling at all. I think that we could very well get similar stories, and I don't see what would be wrong with that.

M20 was made for new audiences. Director Yuyama wanted new Kids to feel Ash and Pikachu's Original Meeting with some changes of course. He even said that he wanted a conversation with Parents and Kids to happen after they finished watching the movie.

For once, everyone is cheering on Oha Suta to leak info lol.

Seriously, I keep thinking about the irony of it, lol. I pretty much assumed Ash was going to win the league and Naganadel was going to come back, but I didn't think it was cool of Oha Suta to actually spoil it beforehand.

When it comes to the new series, though, I'm not even excited waiting for info anymore. I was excited before the September 1 "announcement of an announcement", but I really think they dragged it out for too long. So I definitely won't be mad if a good old Oha Suta leak gets us out of this non-information spiral a day early.

I'm honestly impressed this thread has managed to surpass 200 pages on bare bones information.

This month went by a little faster than I was anticipating, but I'm still impatient to find out what's really going on and keep hoping something will leak before Sunday. Maybe Oha Suta will pull through :sneaky:
They better give us some good information after one month await. I would be so pissed if the preview ends up leaving many more question marks until the next preview or something.

Can we please stop posting repetitive material? Discussion by Grass Trainer Gardenia and Riley just seems to rotate in circles to the point that it takes up many pages of the thread with people just dismissing each other's posts and actual relevant (and new) information gets suppressed.

I don’t want to offend any one of you, but can both of you please agree to disagree if no one is going to be convinced by the other's arguments or use new points? Thank you, and again, I don’t mean to offend or be rude to either of you.

For the love of Arceus, please stop positing your assumptions as facts. This thread didn't need to be 200 pages.
Can we please stop posting repetitive material? Discussion by Grass Trainer Gardenia and Riley just seems to rotate in circles to the point that it takes up many pages of the thread with people just dismissing each other's posts and actual relevant (and new) information gets suppressed.

I don’t want to offend any one of you, but can both of you please agree to disagree if no one is going to be convinced by the other's arguments or use new points? Thank you, and again, I don’t mean to offend or be rude to either of you.
You’re right there, we have been going round in a circle with frustration and broken theories. First we thought it was an AU setting, then we found some proof of it being a sort of continuation, before being dismissed by going back to the AU argument again. At least we haven’t got long to go before we finally find out what the anime is all about. I’m sorry if I act as a broken record sometimes, forums is not my favorite mode of communication. The info I write is just in case anyone forgot or haven’t read. I’ll try and limit it as much as possible.

You’re right there, we have been going round in a circle with frustration and broken theories. First we thought it was an AU setting, then we found some proof of it being a sort of continuation, before being dismissed by going back to the AU argument again. At least we haven’t got long to go before we finally find out what the anime is all about. I’m sorry if I act as a broken record sometimes, forums is not my favorite mode of communication. The info I write is just in case anyone forgot or haven’t read. I’ll try and limit it as much as possible.
You and Riley are two sides of a coin:
-one is positive
-one is negqtive

You and Riley are two sides of a coin:
-one is positive
-one is negqtive
Like Ash and Paul.

If we need to be on the same ground, then I guess we should follow what Cynthia said about when every life meets another life, something will be born.

I guess what keeps me going is hope. I do not wish to upset, offend or start arguments. I do get annoyed yes, but I try not to let it consume me.

Last edited:
Only 2 more days until details about the new anime, "Pocket Monster", are revealed!

There will be an announcement at 6PM, on September 29th, during Sun & Moon's broadcast (on TV Tokyo).

It will take place in every region... Wait, what does that mean!? What will happen to Ash and Pikachu!? It really makes you think, huh?

Please, look forward to it

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1177493082729697281

Only 2 more days until details about the new anime, "Pocket Monster", are revealed!

There will be an announcement at 6PM, on September 29th, during Sun & Moon's broadcast (on TV Tokyo).

It will take place in every region... Wait, what does that mean!? What will happen to Ash and Pikachu!? It really makes you think, huh?

Translated from Bing:

"two days left

Two days until the details of the new anime "Pokemon" are revealed

On September 29, 6 p.m. (TV Tokyo series) will have more information on the Sun- Moon broadcast✨ All the provinces are set...
What do you mean?
What will happen to Satoshi and Pikachu?!
I'm curious Please look forward ✨#アニポケ"

At least the Twitter is showing some sympathy in the building irritation.

Not long to go now. It's interesting that they're mentioning Ash and Pikachu... maybe something bigger might be happening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom