• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what, I know about the regions thing, is the other stuff actually confirmed, because If so I am really disappointed.
Well... not really, but from what we have seen so far, it really seems that there is no girl for once and the new games will not take a priority as well.

I really want to see an animated trailer soon, because what we saw today was basically nothing.

Well... not really, but from what we have seen so far, it really seems that there is no girl for once and the new games will not take a priority as well.

I have been saying for a while now that showing off the region like they have done in the past wasn’t as big of a priority anymore.

Anyway, I like the setup. Only thing I would change is Gou’s gender, but that isn’t really that big of an issue IMO.

And maybe this means Ash’s rival is a girl this time.

I'm just more concerned of the franchise than anything else. The anime is just a window to their juggernaut money-making empire that's bigger in revenue than Disney.

I have a new theory: What if the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.

Last edited:
I have a new theory: What is the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.
Ash is being promoted alongside Go. You seem them fly on Lugia in Johto and have fun with Mantine and Alolan Exeggutor in Alola.

I think he's going to collect old gym badges rather than just new ones.

I have a new theory: What is the anime is separated into two main storylines? One will focus on Ash and the other one on Gou. Ash's storyline will be more traditionally were it represents the new mainline games and where he travels trough Galar, with a girl and a boy companion and earns all his badges, while Go's story is something more experimental and will focus more on the idea's based on the mobile games.
I was literally about to post this, the idea of a parallel storyline that occasionally intertwines is very much a possibility.
Ash is being promoted alongside Go. You seem them fly on Lugia in Johto and have fun with Mantine and Alolan Exeggutor in Alola.

I think he's going to collect old gym badges rather than just new ones.
...that occasionally intertwines...

interesting! I just want more info for the upcoming anime! At least Ash returns but i don't know the others! He looks nice with better art style! Somewhere between SM and XY! We need some main female characters too!

Neo Blaze warned us in the first post to not let this forum get political. You guys didn't pay attention. We devolved from speaking over this new series to fighting over business deals and money. This isn't the first franchise who's creators had to make controversial choices. Ask again why Disney is doing live-action remakes, or why Teen Titans GO wasn't cancelled due to negative reception.

When GO came out, elements of it were not added to the anime right away despite its intense popularity. Other mobile games like Duel, Rush, Magikarp Jump etc. never got any mentions in the anime. So what makes Masters any different. It's recent, but even when making money, it's nowhere near as popular GO was back in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom