• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so the new anime aims to adress GO too, huh? I didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

I understand where people come from with this idea that the new anime might be an advertisement for Masters, but I have a different view about it...

Like, things take time to be made. The GO boom occurred back in 2016, yet it took us two years to get Let's Go. Similarly, anime series take time to be conceptualized and produced. Masters just launched. If anything, I think a hypothetical new concept of anime could be a GO effect on the franchise, instead of a consequence of Masters.

I mean, I don't think it can be a direct adverstiment for GO either. I just think the success of GO may have changed the way they view and deal with the franchise as a whole, thus explaning a new approach with the anime. tbh I don't agree with the decision, at all. I think the main games should be the center of the franchise, so I believe the anime should stay focused on the main games primarly, but this is another topic.

Of course, given that things like the twentieth movie could have been conceptualized even before the release of GO, it may just be the way they were intending to handle things anyway, without the influence from GO or from any other factor.

But, assuming this anime really takes a new approach, I find it hard to believe that they have produced it this way, taking a risky step, just to promote a mobile spin-off game that they didn't even know if would succeed.

Also, I know this is just my opinion, but in addition to the other changes (like of the series name), the fact they travel the world, and that coincidentally the dex is a smartphone now, just makes me believe even more that this change in the series was a GO influence.

Seriously, it was obvious. Many of the things we are seeing in the franchise now are GO influences, even though it has been years since its explosion. And yeah, I disagree with the decision for many reasons, but again, that's another topic.

Last edited:
Feeling pretty hyped about this. I like Gou quite a lot... it seems that the "eyelashes" were lines denoting his eyelids after all.

I'm expecting cameos of past companions, both male and female, as these two travel round the regions... maybe not actually travelling together for the entire region, but hanging out for a few episodes at a time or something? It would be odd not to capitalise on the fanservice potential, haha.

Then again, their journey around the regions might not be linear. Maybe they'll hop between regions as needed, instead of going through them one at a time... who knows.

Looks like I am a bit late to the party, what did I miss?

I knew the scorbunny kid was a boy from the start, but wasn't expecting Gou to be his name. Its an okay name but better not be a reference to that cursed smartphone app.

Oh, so the new anime aims to adress GO too, huh? I didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was obvious. Many of the things we are seeing in the franchise now are GO influences, even though it has been years of its explosion.
It can still be based on Masters though, since all the characters aside from the exclusives would be in the new series. Go was just the driving force that started it all.

Looks like I am a bit late to the party, what did I miss?

I knew the scorbunny kid was a boy from the start, but wasn't expecting Gou to be his name. Its an okay name but better not be a reference to that cursed smartphone app.

Not a lot. And the latter I'm afraid so.

It can still be based on Masters though, since all the characters aside from the exclusives would be in the new series. Go was just the driving force that started it all.

Not a lot. And the latter I'm afraid so.
Are you implying that they can't feature old characters (besides Ash and Trio) unless they appear in Masters?

Well, if the Go-Formular is now the big money fountain for the company I can not blame them to focus on promoting that one instead of the one from the traditional games. Plus, this was always the case with the anime. Always promoting the most successful games, which was the main series so far, but now it is the Go-Series.

Last edited:
Are you implying that they can't feature old characters (besides Ash and Trio) unless they appear in Masters?
I never said that. What I mean are the Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champions and such from the Main games that appeared in Masters, will appear in the new series.

Tbh Dynamaxing in the anime would be confusing anyway.

Or will not have it in at all.

I never said that. What I mean are the Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champions and such from the Main games that appeared in Masters, will appear in the new series.
That would be highly weird unless this is indeed an AU Ash because Ash isn't doing all the Gyms again and Go doesn't care about Gyms, instead preferring to catch em all.

Tried to upload an image of the poster with a few bits circled but it won't work on my phone for some reason.

Anyway, on the Kanto building at the very top of the image, there is a Gengar on one side of the tower and something else on the other side. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is, it looks like a green and grey thing. Does anyone know what it is?

Secondly, is Dragonite carrying Meowth? If so, given its proximity to Wobbuffet as well, I wonder if Team Rocket will be around this season too. Would be funny if Dragonite took on a similar role to Bewear and interfered with them but also ferried them about from region to region.

It is Bulbasaur and Squirtle

I think this is a good way to look at this series

Mobile games are very big in Japan, whilst in the west, we tend to have a more limited focus on the games before getting bored with it. I've not played Go nor Master hugely because I have much better things to do with my life, such as drawing and trying to get this fanzine done before the deadline.

No I haven't forgot about it, which is why GF would end up making Let's Go titles to attract the mobile crowds.

Plus, the Japanese are very calm and don't lash out to any dramatic changes like we in the west do. Hardly when the Dexit thing dropped.

I stopped playing Masters because the app takes too much data each time ... also the animations are slightly annoying hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom