• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel some odd choices or is Torracat being recalled AGAIN against Venesaur?
Melmetal vs Inceneroar, Melmetal won't defeat Inceneroar, so Melmetal will faint?
Given the misleading footage where we thought Lycanroc would be sent out, it's possible that Venusaur pulls an Ice Age 3 on Rowlet and knocks it out, and Torracat finishes off Venusaur.
Poor strategy on Ash's part, Steel against Fire
I doubt Melmetal was sent against Incineroar, it's possible a previous Pokemon gets substituted.

Excuse me, why is Melmetal battling Incineroar? Is Ash making a habit of spending Melmetal against his opponent's strongest Pokémon or something? I would have thought he'd use it against Venusaur instead of taking a risk with the weak-to-Poison Rowlet or letting Torracat take any damage prior to facing Incineroar again.

Excuse me, why is Melmetal battling Incineroar? Is Ash making a habit of spending Melmetal against his opponent's strongest Pokémon or something? I would have thought he'd use it against Venusaur instead of taking a risk with the weak-to-Poison Rowlet or letting Torracat take any damage prior to facing Incineroar again.
Maybe because there is no other pokémon left?

Maybe because there is no other pokémon left?
Maybe Ash is using multiple Pokémon to wear out Incineroar for Torracat? Like how he softened Drake's Dragonite with multiple Pokémon before having Pikachu finish it.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. It wouldn't be the the first time Ash's pokemon makes a grand appearance only to lose, (Lookin at you Goodra, what was the point of hyping your return?)

Trouble is Ash didn't really train Melmetal or Naganedel, similar story with Goodra and Noivern

He at least got some practice in with Melmetal, now able to fire Double Iron Bash much faster
I’m glad they addressed that. It was painful to watch it flailing around against Gladion.
I like how everyone in the crowd, including the pokemon are all on edge with this battle. Also rather fitting the music for this battle is the Champion theme for SM
Charizard shaking Turtonator and Marowak out of hype made my morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom