• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, looks like Gou's a boy after all.

I gotta admit I'm a little upset, it'd be refreshing to see a less feminine girl whose goals have more structure and progression. Misty and Iris had goals that were good on paper, but really suffered from having so little substance/structure to them.

But on the other hand, the boy companions also suffer in similar ways, so either way it'd be nice if Gou gets to be just as important as Ash this time.

Still, I'm wondering how exactly they're gonna pull things off here.

Like in the anime-verse, catching every Pokemon feels kind of counter-intuitive. Every Pokemon is its own being with its own quirks and desires, and they all require a lot of attention and care. They're basically all at least as intelligent as human children. And in the case of Legends, they often have some kind of major role in their ecosystem that makes it sort of immoral to capture them at all.

At the same time, I think it could still come off as sensible if he's helping some kind of conservation or research effort, and they aren't just sitting around as some kind of living collection.

They are promoting everything now, I don't know why you think next year will be Sinnoh based.

Hell, the first year might not even be Galar based.

They are promoting everything now, I don't know why you think next year will be Sinnoh based.

Hell, the first year might not even be Galar based.
They might as well make a completely different world if that's the case. No doubt they will showcase Galar first since there is this hype for Sword and Shield.

They might as well make a completely different world if that's the case. No doubt they will showcase Galar first since there is this hype for Sword and Shield.

They may do Galar first, but you assuming they will is ill-advised IMO.

We have 4 New Writers joining the Series adding to the 6 From Sun & Moon (and yes Fujisaku is staying) which equals a Total of 10. I'll introduce them one by one.

First Up we have Reiko Yoshida. She has written various famous works especially Kyoto Animation's Hit-Film "A Silent Voice"... Reiko YOSHIDA (screenwriter) - Anime News Network

Next we have Deko Akao also known as Hitomi Mieno. She is both a Singer AND a Screenwriter. She hasn't written that many Famous Works...
Deko AKAO - Anime News Network

The Third New Person joining the Series is Michihiro Tsuchiya. Once again, not that much for him aside some Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood scripts...
Michihiro TSUCHIYA - Anime News Network

Last but not least we have Touko Machida. She's been writing scripts for several Studio Pierrot Anime...
Touko MACHIDA - Anime News Network

Go will make or break the series for me. I am not expecting Ash to feel fresh regardless of the continuity. Any girl they might be hiding is probably a third wheel.

I think that Go's catching goal may tie into the Celadon University building that is being used to represent Kanto. Maybe multiple professors will work there and rely on various trainers' captures (Go working alone would be silly and go nowhere quickly). Ideally, the Pokemon will be returned to the wild after the research is done, but when you look at Ash's Pokemon these days... This wouldn't be the first time a professor's farm was touted as a nice retirement place.

Naturally, and since each year will be focused on a different Region, probably making this new series longer, then it would make sense to market over it. There's no doubt that there would be a pause to promote the new Gens.

Gen 4's Remake is no doubt coming out next year with the Sinnoh merchandising Pokeshopper has pointed out.

2019: Pokemon Season 1 - Galar
2020: Pokemon Season 2 - Sinnoh
2021: Pokemon Season 3 - Johto
2022: Pokemon Season 4 - Gen 9 Region
2023: Pokemon Season 5 - Unova
2024: Pokemon Season 6 - Alola
2025: Pokemon Season 7 - Gen 10 Region
2026: Pokemon Season 8 - Kalos
2027: Pokemon Season 9 - Kanto
2028: Pokemon Season 10 - Gen 11 Region
2029: Pokemon Season 11 - Hoenn

Is it a year per region? That seems too much. It will take a decade to see Hoenn again.

Oh, so that is what that building is!
Either that with a rebuild or a completely new university.

Is it a year per region? That seems too much. It will take a decade to see Hoenn again.

Or it might be shorter than that.

Perhaps in this University is where Go came to from Galar with Scorbunny, and where he will meet Ash if they're going down the chronological order.

Good news: Gou is a boy and not a hideous girl. That's good. And now I can go back to hoping Gloria will join the show in some way eventually. :bulbaLove:

Bad news: Scorbunny is with a boy instead of a girl and if Gloria shows up, she probably won't have one :(

Other news: Well everything else. I guess they'll give us more info in the coming weeks how this will work, but I'm genuinely confused. I know we already knew the series would focus on all regions, but the fact that it looks like the reason for this is because the marketing is meant to link to Pokemon Go and SwSh, is a lot to take in. Just what's gonna be happening here? Is Ash going to challenge gyms in Galar? Gou wanting to catch every Pokemon and see Mew is obviously a nod to Pokemon Go, but it seems really weird for a goal. I feel like in the back of my mind I assumed Galar would still hold the highest priority, but it seems that this won't be the case. And I don't know how Ash can go on a badge journey while hooping and hopping across all regions with Gou.

But, I guess we'll have to wait until next week for more info.

Good news: Gou is a boy and not a hideous girl. That's good. And now I can go back to hoping Gloria will join the show in some way eventually. :bulbaLove:

Bad news: Scorbunny is with a boy instead of a girl and if Gloria shows up, she probably won't have one :(

Other news: Well everything else. I guess they'll give us more info in the coming weeks how this will work, but I'm genuinely confused. I know we already knew the series would focus on all regions, but the fact that it looks like the reason for this is because the marketing is meant to link to Pokemon Go and SwSh, is a lot to take in. Just what's gonna be happening here? Is Ash going to challenge gyms in Galar? Gou wanting to catch every Pokemon and see Mew is obviously a nod to Pokemon Go, but it seems really weird for a goal. I feel like in the back of my mind I assumed Galar would still hold the highest priority, but it seems that this won't be the case. And I don't know how Ash can go on a badge journey while hooping and hopping across all regions with Gou.

But, I guess we'll have to wait until next week for more info.
Gloria (If she does appear in the anime, which I hope) she will probably get Grookey, since in the Calendar it's further back than Sobble, it's with the girl's Pokemon and has the leaf bow on it's head as proof of it being a Pokemon for girls. Plus the logo in the Pokemon Center in Osaka has Grookey with Pikachu and Meowth. If Ash is going to get any starter, it will likely be Sobble.

Someone on a latest Ruffoldrowlit's video actually came up with this silly saying...

Gou: I wanna catch every Pokemon (Pokemon Go)
Ash: I wanna be a Pokemon Master (Pokemon Masters)

Last edited:
Shinji Miyazaki is out of the series as composer which is a shame. I guess doing the main series music and 3 movies was getting too much for him since he's in his 60s. Yuki Hayashi seems like a good fit though.

I am excited that Shoji Yonemura will be the head writer! His scripts are quite good; second best to Tomioka.

Ash's Description has "A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had." could "A Certain Encounter" be referring to M20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom