• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems that Rowlet’s wearing its costume again. The writers really seem to love rubbing it in that Rowlet isn’t gonna evolve huh? Is that costume just gonna be a permanent part of its design now?
I'm more worried about the fact that there's always a gag associated with Rowlet battling, not a single serious battle from him other than the Olivia GT. This time he gets pitcher planted.

Tomioka hopefully won't pull a Fujisaku.

So it seems that Rowlet’s wearing its costume again. The writers really seem to love rubbing it in that Rowlet isn’t gonna evolve huh? Is that costume just gonna be a permanent part of its design now?

They're not rubbing anything in. Rowlet not evolving is what the fanbase wanted. It's by far the most popular Pokemon of the generation.

The treatment Rowlet has been getting lately lately is fanservice for the fan-favorite of Ash's team this gen.

They're not rubbing anything in. Rowlet not evolving is what the fanbase wanted. It's by far the most popular Pokemon of the generation.

The treatment Rowlet has been getting lately lately is fanservice for the fan-favorite of Ash's team this gen.
Charizard’s treatment and Greninja’s treatment by the writers are fanservice for fan favorites. Rowlet being used as an endless gag and some of the crap it’s pulled off via plot armor is not. Compare the fact that the fan favorite Pokémon developed over the span of their respective regions and had some amazing and memorable moments to Rowlet who barely had any development, remained basically the exact same, barely did anything and was mostly just used for a gag that became tiresome very fast. That’s pretty much the opposite of fan service.

You know what? I hope Rowlet proves all of you wrong and wins against Venusaur (without falling asleep, of course: that was just awful). Maybe then you’ll acknowledge that he’s not the lazy idiot Fujusaku made him out to be.
Even if he does well in this battle, that doesn’t take away the fact that it’s basically been just a joke character who barely did anything this whole saga. Fujusaku isn’t the only writer who had the chance to use Rowlet and overall, his showing was poor.

You know what? I hope Rowlet proves all of you wrong and wins against Venusaur (without falling asleep, of course: that was just awful). Maybe then you’ll acknowledge that he’s not the lazy idiot Fujusaku made him out to be.
If he suddenly turns into a serious battler, it'll be a complete flippant 180 to his character because of the lack of build-up. The build-up they had when Rowlet first lost to Dartrix was thrown out of the window in the Ash vs. Hau match and it doesn't count anymore. Take into fact that it was also sleeping during a training session when everyone else wide awake and focussed.

Hopefully Rowlet loses to Venusaur and then Torracat defeats the latter (at least what I think will happen according to the preview).

I think Ash will use Torracat against Venusaur to become stronger so he can later succesfully absorb the Blast Burn from Incineroar and "transform" into Blast Nyaheat :p

I think kukui last pokemon will be totem kommo-o for some reason.. we didn't see kommo-o in an actual battle yet

So looking at the preview I think the battle will go like this.

Rock mutt takes out Braviary
Venusaur takes out rock mutt and the bird
Torracat takes out Venusaur
Pikachu takes out Empoleon
Incineroar takes out Melmetal and maybe also Pikachu

Personally I'd rather the dog lose against Braviary and Melmetal get a win here, but idk about that. I also feel the preview is suggesting the bird will free itself from Venusaur and beat it, and I really hope that doesn't happen, but I could totally see them doing that. Sigh...

So looking at the preview I think the battle will go like this.

Rock mutt takes out Braviary
Venusaur takes out rock mutt and the bird
Torracat takes out Venusaur
Pikachu takes out Empoleon
Incineroar takes out Melmetal and maybe also Pikachu

Personally I'd rather the dog lose against Braviary and Melmetal get a win here, but idk about that. I also feel the preview is suggesting the bird will free itself from Venusaur and beat it, and I really hope that doesn't happen, but I could totally see them doing that. Sigh...
i think ash will switch pikachu after it beats empoleon

Oh my goodness, are we really still beating that dead horse? I must confess that I'm mildly disappointed in this anime's fanbase as a whole right now.

People seriously need to stop obsessing over this one incident that took place nearly two months ago. We get it, Fujisaku goofed hardcore and you seemingly hate his guts for it. Now can we please just agree to never mention it again and finally move on? I think it's clear that the topic has well and truly run its course.

Ok, now that I've gotten this off my chest, it's onto Rowlet vs Venusaur. I personally don't believe this matchup is gonna go Ash's way since Kukui is clearly a far more experienced trainer than Hau, not do I think Ash will take Venusaur's secondary Poison typing into account as he's never really displayed that knowledge in regards to his own Bulbasaur. I think the scene of Rowlet getting trapped will result in him being poisoned by something like Toxic, skewing the battle in Venusaur's favour no matter how well or poorly it was going before. All through one simple mistake on Ash's part, which could easily cost someone in these "double-edged sword" type matchup scenarios.

As I've already expressed, I believe Melmetal would be a more ideal Pokémon for Ash to use here; it can't be poisoned and Venusaur really doesn't seem to have a lot of effective countermeasures for Steel-types when you consider the Earthquake ban. It's just a shame that the big lug is set to face the worst possible opponent out of those five. Man, at least Goodra and Noivern each have a draw to their names.

Oh my goodness, are we really still beating that dead horse? I must confess that I'm mildly disappointed in this anime's fanbase as a whole right now.

People seriously need to stop obsessing over this one incident that took place nearly two months ago. We get it, Fujisaku goofed hardcore and you seemingly hate his guts for it. Now can we please just agree to never mention it again and finally move on? I think it's clear that the topic has well and truly run its course.

Ok, now that I've gotten this off my chest, it's onto Rowlet vs Venusaur. I personally don't believe this matchup is gonna go Ash's way since Kukui is clearly a far more experienced trainer than Hau, not do I think Ash will take Venusaur's secondary Poison typing into account as he's never really displayed that knowledge in regards to his own Bulbasaur. I think the scene of Rowlet getting trapped will result in him being poisoned by something like Toxic, skewing the battle in Venusaur's favour no matter how well or poorly it was going before. All through one simple mistake on Ash's part, which could easily cost someone in these "double-edged sword" type matchup scenarios.

As I've already expressed, I believe Melmetal would be a more ideal Pokémon for Ash to use here; it can't be poisoned and Venusaur really doesn't seem to have a lot of effective countermeasures for Steel-types when you consider the Earthquake ban. It's just a shame that the big lug is set to face the worst possible opponent out of those five. Man, at least Goodra and Noivern each have a draw to their names.
It’s not even about the isolated incident with Rowlet, it’s about it’s character as a whole. Here you have a Pokémon that for the entirety of the series, it was used as a running joke, hardly had any motivation to do anything but sleep or go after Tsareena’s Sweet Scent only to get knocked away and barely developed as a character from start to finish yet we’re expected to cheer it on just because it’s one of Ash’s Pokémon. Rowlet has been one of the worst developed Pokémon that Ash has owned in the series. It began and ended as the same character with little motivation to do anything.

I think Ash will use Torracat against Venusaur to become stronger so he can later succesfully absorb the Blast Burn from Incineroar and "transform" into Blast Nyaheat :p
Nyaburn*
I was wondering: could Braviary carrying Lycanroc high into the air be it using Sky Drop?
Remember, Lycanroc was biting Braviary's leg so it's possible he pulls a Seismic Toss - esque Counter or even a mid-air Accelerock after flipping positions.

Stuff like this is why I love Lana.
Remember, Lycanroc was biting Braviary's leg so it's possible he pulls a Seismic Toss - esque Counter or even a mid-air Accelerock after flipping positions.
True. But that doesn't change that Braviary could still be trying to use Sky Drop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom