• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can have Ash challenge Forrest, Janine and the new Viridian Gym Leader, just to mix things up.

I mean they could, I'd just personally rather they didn't. I don't see why wouldn't just have Gou do any gym related stuff for the other regions since he's not done it before, instead of having Ash do things he's done before. Galar is the region new to Ash and to us as viewers, so I'd prefer that one to be his focus.

But I suppose we'll see in due time. Hopefully it's part of the info we get for this upcoming Sunday.

I guess this confirms either Gou or Ash will challenge Gyms in Regions outside of Galar.

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1178627964709130244

I'm not gonna translate it word-by-word since I don't think I have enough skills to do that yet.

But with the help of a dictionary, I understood that Iwane's talking hypothetically that all battle facilities in the regions other than Galar'll need to be improved in size to hold Daimaxing. Then he gives the example of a Hoeruoh having the possibility of destroying an unfinished stadium if Daimaxed.

I don't think there's anything major there. In my opinion this means nothing.

I'm not gonna translate it word-by-word since I don't think I have enough skills to do that yet.

But with the help of a dictionary, I understood that Iwane's talking hypothetically that all battle facilities in the regions other than Galar'll need to be improved in size to hold Daimaxing. Then he gives the example of a Hoeruoh having the possibility of destroying an unfinished stadium if Daimaxed.

Ayy guess he's just doing some general talking then.

"If Dynamaxing is made possible in a region other than Galar, it will need to be greatly reviewed and renovated the size of the battle facilities in various places. If it is a half-hearted gym, it is damaged by The Dynamaxed Wailord."

Thanks for telling me about Wailord because I was stumped by the mistranslated word for the pokemon, I thought it was Hoenn.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but given the fact that this will contain all regions all; outside of Ash's old companions, do you think we'll end up seeing characters like Phoebe, Sidney, Drasna, etc.. characters that Ash hasn't met before or even characters like Norman, Steven, Lt Surge again that he's battled before?

After Much Thinking: I don't think Gou or Ash for that matter will challenge any Past Gym Leaders or meet up with Past Companions. Their Stories are already finished and done and dusted. Although the only exception to this is the Sun and Moon Companions who all returning isn't out of the question, since Alola is a Much Smaller Region and its generally easier to find them and moreso the Staff is the almost the exact same as Sun and Moon. I do think Ash will compete in the Galar League and at the same time travel with Gou to other Regions to help him capture all Pokemon and hopefully find Mew at the End of the Series. I don't think this is Ash's Last Series. The Anime can't exist without him. Because of Gou, who is from Galar, I do think this Series will last till Gen 9 Comes out and a New One will start then. I think a significant Change may have to do with Yuyama stepping down as Executive Director and passing the Position to Tomiyasu. I don't think Ash will be a Mentor, since Gou's Description seems to describe him as a Chill Person and he already looks more Competent than Ash to me just by judging by the looks lol. If anything I think both will be on equal footing. The "Certain Encounter" in Ash's Bio may refer to M20 but I doubt it since if this was AU they would have already revealed it by now. Ash's Bio says that he still is 10 unlike in XY where he still of couse was 10 but it wasn't mentioned in his bio which means that aspect of him wouldn't be focused as it will be now and of course in Sun & Moon as well. Which means a much more enthusiastic Ash. The Bio also seems to put a focus on Battles so it seems this series will be more battle-centric. I do think Galar will get enough focus. But whenever we do switch to Galar, we will either get a Rival Episode, A Gym Battle and A Capture/Evolution Episode.

I'm down for Go taking on previous Gym Leaders. Especially the Kanto (and to a lesser extent Johto) GLs. He could actually EARN his badges, AND it would give the non-companion Kanto GLs a shot at redemption after being screwed over. Twice.

I wonder if there will be redesigns for known gym leaders?

Well, duh! At the very least they'll give the Kanto GLs their Let's Go designs (maybe Brock and Misty too if we're lucky)

Last edited:
If they ever challenge Sinnoh gyms, I can't wait to see them in new style :D Especially Roark and Byron
Gardenia and Candice especially.

Although meeting Gardenia again would lead to James checking up on how she's looking after Cacnea. He knew from Barry that Cacnea has already perfected it's Drain Punch, and would be nice of see his old Pokemon again. He'll probably let Gardenia keep it instead of continuing with Team Rocket.

Contests in the games were an optional side activity in the games that were just as easily ignored but that’s not so much the issue as that’s the only goal that they could think to give the girls. I mean, what are the odds that with all the different personalities and tastes in the world that 2 girls from 2 different regions back to back would be into Pokémon Contests? But of course, the writers couldn’t think of any other kind of goal to give the girls so they just repeated the same exact goal twice in a row.
So, what exactly is your problem with that?

I do not know how to think of this thought I just came up with...

On one hand, they may not be any Female Companions but will instead be focused on Ash and Gou, making this series more for boys. Not surprising because SwSh to me feels too masculine in feel than some of the other past Gens. Perhaps it's to do with the British Sports Culture.

But on the other hand, from what the 2020 calendar shows there will be Female Companions appearing in the series.

I guess we'll find out on Sunday.

Came up with this joke a while back, but thought I did some tweaking with it. It's from a Looney Tunes cartoon, Elmer's Pet Rabbit.

Gou: This is Sword and Shield. Isn't it lovely?

Scorbunny: Frankly, New Protagonist. I don't like it. it stinks. wanders around When I think of what it could've been. Epic. Makes my blood boil. It, a potential Diamond and Pearl. For what? Oh, the irony of it all... Scorbunny sees the Rotom Phone What's this?

Gou: Masters.

Scorbunny: It's what? Masters? What are you think I am, a Wailord? Scorbunny began looking at the Rotom Phone I'll boycott before I pay this junk... Began paying and laying That's what I'll do, I'll boycott... you'll be sorry... sorry for killing the franchise... you'll be ashamed of yourself... this is terrible... pay it yourself, it's disgraceful, that's what it is... how could you goof up your own mainstream game over a spinoff app on a phone...

Last edited:
In Serebii forum, it was translated a twitter message from Rica Matsumoto (Satoshi VA):

"Since the new series involves two protagonists that are one in body and soul, I'm going to live up to that by playing Satoshi with a lot of soul. What's going to happen to him in the face of all these new encounters and adventures? Satoshi is unlikely to ever back down no matter what he has to go up against, so please cheer him on."

Came up with this joke a while back, but thought I did some tweaking with it. It's from a Looney Tunes cartoon, Elmer's Pet Rabbit.

Gou: This is Sword and Shield. Isn't it lovely?

Scorbunny: Frankly, New Protagonist. I don't like it. it stinks. wanders around When I think of what it could've been. Epic. Makes my blood boil. It, a potential Diamond and Pearl. For what? Oh, the irony of it all... Scorbunny sees the Rotom Phone What's this?

Gou: Masters.

Scorbunny: It's what? Masters? What are you think I am, a Wailord? Scorbunny began looking at the Rotom Phone I'll boycott before I pay this junk... Began paying and laying That's what I'll do, I'll boycott... you'll be sorry... sorry for killing the franchise... you'll be ashamed of yourself... this is terrible... pay it yourself, it's disgraceful, that's what it is... how could you goof up your own mainstream game over a spinoff app on a phone...
That was a horrible joke.

If they bring back previous Gym Leaders (and in the case it's still the same continuity (OS-SM) and not some AU), Natsume has to return, she just has to.
Every time I watch those 3 Yamabuki saga Kanto episodes it always comes to mind: why Natsume has no interactions with no one after becoming good? It's just a laugh and a background goodbye wave, all we got... Perhaps Ghost could appear too? (and the doubt of Satoshi actually capturing it being finally settled... Yeah, I doubt it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom