• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people want in Galar's represantation of the female character? Someone who does showcases/contests, someone who gym battles, or something new? I for one would like to see them do gym battles

I'd love for the return of Contests as unlikely as that would be. That was such a great way to give the female leads something proactive to do while also providing some variety in the battles. I still feel like the anime lost something important once Contests were removed, even though it was understandable given that they weren't featured in the games anymore. Although, as long as it does involve Pokemon battling to some degree, then I'd be fine with something new.

Showcases were just a poor man's Contest appeal just minus anything that made them interesting or challenging, so I hope that those never appear again. As cool as a female trainer taking on Gym battles sounds on paper, I just can't see them doing that with Ash already doing that.

Isn't it stated in other words that Ash will definitely will become a Pokémon master instead of my dream is to become a Pokémon master?

What do people want in Galar's represantation of the female character? Someone who does showcases/contests, someone who gym battles, or something new? I for one would like to see them do gym battles
I would actually prefer something untried before, since we are at it. Maybe the female lead could explore in Galar region to get experience of discovering nature and Pokémon, in order some day to become a scientist. A nerdy personality with the tendency of overanalyzing everything which can be a helpful qualification for Ash and Gou. It would also give the audience a chance to get to know more about the Pokémon species. She could be explaining what are really interesting about those Pokémon, like those random books in Pokémon games which give players random small notes about the Pokémon world.

I would actually prefer something untried before, since we are at it. Maybe the female lead could explore in Galar region to get experience of discovering nature and Pokémon, in order some day to become a scientist. A nerdy personality with the tendency of overanalyzing everything which can be a helpful qualification for Ash and Gou. It would also give the audience a chance to get to know more about the Pokémon species. She could be explaining what are really interesting about those Pokémon, like those random books in Pokémon games which give players random small notes about the Pokémon world.

I do like the idea of a musician since she'll probably get Grookey as her starter.

However the series so far looks as if it'll only going to have Ash and Gou based on the poster showing them in Johto, Unova and Alola.

But then there's the calendar. Only 5 days to go and already I'm concerned of what's to happen. I truly do not want Galar to be the only Region to not have a female companion. Yet, Galar is the only Region to not have an O in it's name.

Last edited:
More girls would watch if there was a female co-protagonist, these are things that influence each other.

Yeah, so far only Dawn was treated as a co-protagonist. All of the others were just sidekicks (May (kinda), Iris, Bonnie, Lillie, Mallow, and Lana), characters with their own goals in mind (Serena) or were just background material (Misty).

I'm all for a female protagonist that does more but for that, the producers need to give them a chance. Misty was planned to have a bigger, deeper backstory, but the producers just said, that she only has to be sweet eye candy for male viewers. BTW. This information I got from Serebii, so I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but it would explain a lot.

The producers just have to get away from the usual template for female characters, only then there might be a chance to finally get a female character that is for once different in terms of design, role or personality.

Last edited:
Yeah, so far only Daen was treated as a co-protagonist. All of the others were just sidekicks (May (kinda), Iris, Bonnie, Lillie, Mallow, and Lana), characters with their own goals in mind (Serena) or were just background material (Misty).

I'm all for a female protagonist that does more but for that, the producers need to give them a chance. Misty was planned to have a bigger, deeper backstory, but the producers just said, that she only has to be sweet eye candy for male viewers. BTW. This information I got from Serebii, so I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but it would explain a lot.

The producers just have to get away from the usual template for female characters, only then there might be a chance to finally get a female character that is for once different in terms of design, role or personality.
Which is why they're probably have Gou to be a role model for boys. It worked in other shows in the past, so what makes it anyway different for Pokemon to go down that path.

It's like they're tired of having female companions and are instead trying something new with a Male Companion. Not just that, but have them a duo of boys. Gen 8 is like some sort of reset for the formula, like Galar is the only region that doesn't have an O, the Leagues are made bigger and more focus, some of the original crew in the anime and games either retired or passed on, and... I do not know if this is culturally related, but it seems like a sort of way to promote the Reiwa Era in Japan, since Gen 1 to 7 were in the Hanshi Era.

You're looking too deep into things while wearing a tinfoil hat.
I know, I just wish Gen 8 would hold a candle like the originals have, but I know those days are over since most of the original people that worked with Pokemon are no longer working, either retired, moved on or passed on. Plus the mobile market had thrown a spanner in the spinoff works since Go.

Just checked it, he still announces his intention to be a Pokémon Master right before Spearow's attack. So, no, it still had nothing to do with Ho-Oh.
It was a single event. Even if Ho-Oh hadn't appeared quite yet, it strengthened Ash's declaration ("you're on the right track"), which in the movie hadn't been made before that event.

This seems the most likely explanation. They always retcon his past to add new info, like his friendship with Gary and his encounter with Serena.
The Gary flashback was a gag as they were watching a manga counterpart of Ash himself; I wouldn't take it seriously when their friendship was never discussed (plus, sitting next to someone isn't necessarily a sign of friendship). His encounter with Serena was completely inconsequential to his backstory, to the point that he forgot about it.

Please, explain this to me, because I have no clue what does eras mean.
The Japanese emperors have an era dedicated to them when they rule Japan. Since April this year, the Heisei Emperor (Heisei Era: 1989-2019) had abdicated the throne, and is succeeded by the Reiwa Emperor to start the Reiwa Era.

So Shōji Yonemura is doing the head writing, huh? He done some work PreCure, including series composition on Smile.

So Shōji Yonemura is doing the head writing, huh? He done some work PreCure, including series composition on Smile.
He's also done quite a bit of Kamen Rider and just like Atsuhiro Tomioka, has been writing for Pokemon since the Indigo League days. Heck, he even wrote 1 of my favorite recent movies I Choose You! I think he'd perfect to be the next head writer.

Just found a leak in a post HDvee uncovered today. Couldn't find a link to the source, which lead me to copy down word-for-word...

- Go's English name is Chase
  • Ash and Go Region-Hop via Lugia
  • Ash is going to be primarily focused on trying to win the Leagues that were in previous seasons, Chase is primarily focused on catching Pokemon
  • There will be episodes dedicated to Ash and Chase teaming up to fight against Legendary and Mythical Pokemon
  • Ash's Charizard now has a son, which Chase will get
  • The Jigglypuff from the OS series is back as a recurring Pokemon
  • Team Rocket are still in. The Bewear from Sun and Moon has been replaced by a Dragonite role-wise
  • Ash's Greninja will be back for the Kalos episodes
  • A lot of the Galar episodes focus on Dynamax/Gigantomax battles
  • All of Ash's previous travel companions will return for some episodes periodically, as well as Gary, Lyra, Khoury, Paul, N, Bianca, Alain, Shauna and Gladion
  • Each Region will have a new main female with it. Kanto gets Jodi (Who is in the games as Green), Johto gets Elaine, Hoenn gets Lisia, Sinnoh will get the Lisia equivalent who'll be introduced in the DP Remake, Unova gets Rosa, (Hilda will also be in but she'll be a rival to Rosa), Kalos gets Emma, Alola gets Selene, and Galar gets Gloria.
  • Jodi and Serena will meet at one point, Jodi flirts and teases her about Ash's crush. (That's why I put the pic above)
  • Ash has a crush on Gloria
  • Ash will have rivalries with Hop, Bede and Marnie in Galar
  • The main villain of the series is Eternatus, which is a very powerful alien Pokemon who got defeated by Zacian and Zamazenta in ancient times. Gets re-awakened by increased amounts of Dynamaxing and Gigantomaxing.

Is this person reading from the first poster we've got? We haven't got any wind of all this yet, but I thought I show you all this and see what you think...

Last edited:
Just found a leak in a post HDvee uncovered today. Couldn't find a link to the source, which lead me to copy down word-for-word...

Is this person reading from the first poster we've got? We haven't got any wind of all this yet, but I thought I show you all this and see what you think...
Fake lmao. Not even trying to be real.

God that is so fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom