• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I know this is already being buzzed about in other threads but it is news and I figure I can just point out that they mention in there that they'll be adding more throughout the month so... yaaaay every day this month is a potential news date. XD

@Aulos
Answering you here because it fits this thread better. Overworld encounters will be present throughout all the game, it's not exclusive to the Wild Area. You can see Woolo in a Route 1 screenshot, and inside the mine, for example. I know the way they presented it may have been confusing, but Wild Area is just the area where the weather changes constantly.

Last edited:
After hearing the game informer thing, if they do plan to not reveal any form of starter evolutions, well the designs better look freakin good, cause if the evolve into designs people won't like, that'll lead to a lot of disappointment.

After hearing the game informer thing, if they do plan to not reveal any form of starter evolutions, well the designs better look freakin good, cause if the evolve into designs people won't like, that'll lead to a lot of disappointment.
That's kind of the norm, though. Starter evolutions haven't really been all around great for a long while.

That's kind of the norm, though. Starter evolutions haven't really been all around great for a long while.
I disagree. Gen 1 has the most boring starter final evos, hands down, and they've gradually gotten better. They've upped the creativity each gen, although they could take a bit of a break from the extremely humanoid designs that they've gravitated toward the past decade.

I disagree. Gen 1 has the most boring starter final evos, hands down, and they've gradually gotten better. They've upped the creativity each gen, although they could take a bit of a break from the extremely humanoid designs that they've gravitated toward the past decade.
-hands up because she still prefers them over everything else- The more "creative" designs of recent years make me not want to evolve my starters.

But point really just being that people disliking and being disappointed by starter evolution designs is typical and pretty much expected. Can't really say that they had better be really good designs because they just will never be unanimously liked. Some will like them, some won't. It's unavoidable.

-hands up because she still prefers them over everything else- The more "creative" designs of recent years make me not want to evolve my starters.

But point really just being that people disliking and being disappointed by starter evolution designs is typical and pretty much expected. Can't really say that they had better be really good designs because they just will never be unanimously liked. Some will like them, some won't. It's unavoidable.
This. Everyone has different tastes and every final form will have its fans, no matter what. I thought everyone loathed Incineroar until I recently learned it's extremely popular in Japan.

And anyone wanting to see the final forms can just... Look thenm up in a leak that will be 100% out the day of release.

That being said, I'd like the middle stages please.

This. Everyone has different tastes and every final form will have its fans, no matter what. I thought everyone loathed Incineroar until I recently learned it's extremely popular in Japan.
XD Japan loves Incineroar because it's based on a pop culture icon. The rest of the world doesn't have that bias.

Back
Top Bottom