• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Galar's Gyms be in another region? I mean I get the Hoenn Battle Frontier was in Kanto in the Anime but that literally only existed to fill in time before DP since the DP Games were delayed. Unless some of Galar's Gyms are in other regions in the Games, that will be the only reason for the Galar Gyms to be in other regions in the Anime. And I need not stress on the fact that the only reason Ash is going to previous regions is because of Gou who wants to catch all Pokemon and meet Mew.

Why would Galar's Gyms be in another region? I mean I get the Hoenn Battle Frontier was in Kanto in the Anime but that literally only existed to fill in time before DP since the DP Games were delayed. Unless some of Galar's Gyms are in other regions in the Games, that will be the only reason for the Galar Gyms to be in other regions in the Anime. And I need not stress on the fact that the only reason Ash is going to previous regions is because of Gou who wants to catch all Pokemon and meet Mew.
I'm not necessarily convinced that this theory is true, I'm just toying with possible plots for this mysterious new series. In any case I should clarify that Galar gyms wouldn't be in other regions, it would still have it's own 8 gyms. The idea was that the concept of a major league could be applied to the anime as an international event, shared by all regions. I know it's native to Galar in the games, but they could rewrite it in the anime to have a grander scope. As in, every regional league is considered the minor league, and the major league is the international version of that. I guess it's kind of like how the VGC has a regional league followed by a world league.

Also you're making a big assumption with that last line. I've known Ash for 23 years, and I've never known him drop what he's doing to follow someone else's dream. If so, he would have went to Jhoto with May, or to Hoenn with Serena. No, if Ash is travelling to each region, it's because he has business of his own.

Last edited:
Say, do you think that Team Rocket is going to return in the new series?

I'm not necessarily convinced that this theory is true, I'm just toying with possible plots for this mysterious new series. In any case I should clarify that Galar gyms wouldn't be in other regions, it would still have it's own 8 gyms. The idea was that the concept of a major league could be applied to the anime as a national event, shared by all regions. I know it's native to Galar in the games, but they could rewrite it in the anime to have a grander scope. As in, every regional league is considered the minor league, and the major league is the national version of that. I guess it's kind of like how the VGC has a regional league followed by a world league.

Also you're making a big assumption with that last line. I've known Ash for 23 years, and I've never known him drop what he's doing to follow someone else's dream. If so, he would have went to Jhoto with May, or to Hoenn with Serena. No, if Ash is travelling to each region, it's because he has business of his own.
Or it could just be because he wants to have fun? I mean not everything has to be linear tbh.

Whatever news we get tomorrow, it will nmhe better than nothing. I hope we see an animated trailer or a song?

Here's an idea, maybe Ash will around all the regions and rechallenge the gyms, I know some gym battles can be improved, especially Kanto
If the series is an AU that can be the case, however, if it is continuing from SM, then Ash would only need to challenge Galar for the badges, whilst entering the past Regions because of the badges he already have would be a piece of cake.

View: https://twitter.com/ashandserena/status/920977771400007680

Oh drat it! I said cake!

Last edited:
I wonder which places they are going to visit. Tbh I would have like this more as the vacation of Ash.

Here's an idea, maybe Ash will around all the regions and rechallenge the gyms, I know some gym battles can be improved, especially Kanto

If it is a hard reboot then I wouldn't mind if they do this. If it is a continuation from Sun Moon, I would like to see someone else taking on the regional gym challenges though he should probably challenge those that he didn't properly win again. Otherwise, it'll only be interesting if there are new gyms.

Tomorrow will be exciting. This are our first batch of info about the new anime that hasn't been leaked so hopefully it will be exciting.

I'm surprised nobody has leaked anything about tomorrow's announcement yet.

Hopefully, this means that they're gonna reveal something more... substantial about the series and, so, they're now being more careful and making sure that it doesn't get leaked.
Or we'll probably get not as much info as we'd expect since how tight lipped they've been for this year.

I'm surprised nobody has leaked anything about tomorrow's announcement yet.

Hopefully, this means that they're gonna reveal something more... substantial about the series and, so, they're now being more careful and making sure that it doesn't get leaked.
I hope so too. But I don't have my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom