• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was right, that is Meowth that Dragonite is holding. I'm more convinced now looking at Meowth's expression that it is Team Rockets and the Dragonite has something to do with them. I do wonder, if Team Rocket are returning, why they haven't been shown yet either.
To be fair, they've been very tight lipped about the entire series in general, their "announcement" was literally a showing of a poster, which had already been leaked prior. Quite unusual if you ask me.

Something about Ash smiling while hanging off Lugia's tail feels awkward.

Also wondering what, if any, significance there is to Dragonite cuddling Meowth up there.
Do we have a new ship for the next series?

The picture of Meowth and Dragonite reminds me of the episode: "Fangs for nothing"

Or it looks more like a complete reboot where Ash starts his journey through Kanto and meets Gou there, which is exactly what I feared would happen.

I'm hoping Team Rocket will continue their trend of not appearing in every single episode because to be frank, they contribute very little but pointless scenes and prevent their VA's from being credited in other roles

"And don't miss the latest news on the new anime 'Pocket Monsters'!"

Seriously, I had to go back to the full description of this week's episode to make sure that line was actually in there and not something that got conjured up out of nowhere, because what we got today does not count as the "latest news." Is zooming in on artwork we've already had for over a week supposed to excite us? I understand the hype being a little underwhelming last week because the poster leaked, but this week? Not so much.

We're getting to a month out before this series debuts and we haven't seen a single second of footage. We don't even know the premise of the series. How are they incorporating the "dual protagonist" thing? Is Ash still challenging gyms? Where is Team Rocket? What about any other characters? How exactly are the different regions coming into play? I feel like every single week we just end up with more questions and basically no answers.

I'm starting to wonder if either they're hiding something exciting and are trying to hype it up (in which case they aren't doing a very good job, to be honest) or they're worried about the reception once they actually reveal more details. I'm trying to remain excited about this series, but at this point it's starting to get pretty frustrating; it's hard when they're really not saying anything and it just leads to the same baseless speculation week after week.

Honestly I'm not into the concept of them revisiting older regions at all, if not just a couple of them for a couple of episodes. These kind of things should be done in spin-offs.

Also I have trouble warming my heart to Gou for several reasons like 1) fear he takes Satoshi's place 2) the second protagonist should not have been another boy 3) he looks like a Gladio rip-off 4)and we know nothing about of him.
Like, maybe he's going to be a great character, but they are not trying to make me like him at all.

This seems to look like it's going to become another AU series entirely just so to refresh the already stale series and to show the newer kids the world of Pokemon. No doubt it'll be in chronological order and be caring less for Gen 8 at all.

I am getting sick and tired of their decisions and empty broken promises.

Last edited:
Gou's Design is so bland. Like there's no colors at all. Compare that with some of the SM Designs and heck even the XY Designs. Gou just looks stale.

The colours really are a problem. Red and black are among my least favourite colours and a protagonist should reflect a variety of tastes.
For example Satoshi has the colours of all starters: blue, red, green, yellow. He's more varied and that helps make him a protagonist for everyone.

The colours really are a problem. Red and black are among my least favourite colours and a protagonist should reflect a variety of tastes.
For example Satoshi has the colours of all starters: blue, red, green, yellow. He's more varied and that helps him make a protagonist for everyone.
Makes me think of Thomas and James from Thomas and Friends when looking at Ash and Gou.

This seems to look like it's going to become another AU series entirely just so to refresh the already stale series and to show the newer kids the world of Pokemon. No doubt it'll be in chronological order and be caring less for Gen 8 at all.

Why are you being so negative?

What promises? They almost didn't tell us anything from this new show. The only thing we know is Ash is back, his new companion is Gou, Gou's goal and that all of the regions will show up. That's about it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom