• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if XY and SM were dramatically different in style, you could still think of SM Ash as someone who had gone through all of XY and other regions. The same Ash as far as background is concerned.

Perhaps this is the reason of the possible reset of the entire series with Ash altogether

All I'd like for is that this new series be the thing that gets me back into Pokemon again. I was really into both Sinnoh and Kalos and it was SM that drove me away. Its seems I'm just waiting for that one big thing or just something to get me hooked again.

So we have 1 Month and 11 Days to go before the Anime Starts and we have yet to see the Characters in Motion. Compare that to other anime to heck even Yo-kai Watch which would have had at least 5-6 Previews by now and 2-3 Posters. Pokemon also needs to reveal more details in the sense so merch can release at least soon before the Anime Starts. It really seems like they are downgrading the anime which I hope is not the case.

So we have 1 Month and 11 Days to go before the Anime Starts and we have yet to see the Characters in Motion. Compare that to other anime to heck even Yo-kai Watch which would have had at least 5-6 Previews by now and 2-3 Posters. Pokemon also needs to reveal more details in the sense so merch can release at least soon before the Anime Starts. It really seems like they are downgrading the anime which I hope is not the case.
They're planning to release the merchandising on the exact same day as SwSh, to which I feel is both genius, but at the same time a selfish greedy move compared with how they did it in the past. They probably won't give us too much about the anime until it airs on the 17th November, which I can see will be a disaster if not properly advertised.

no i don't think so. And i heard the content of the next series will be very ambitious too!

To be fair though, it's possible that they never even considered rebooting the series, and that fans are single-handedly responsible for all the confusion. From their perspective, fans shouldn't be suspecting a reboot so it wouldn't make sense for them to have to confirm that it isn't.
I don't buy this for one second. You don't use a logo used exclusively for two AU movies and not expect people to wonder about it, especially in the context of revisiting old regions.

I don't mind the fact that yesterday's preview merely gave us high-quality close-ups of the Johto, Unova, and Alola portions of the key visuals, no doubt next week will do the same with other regions

Okay, okay, if this is a reboot, then why did they introduce Gou to the anime? Wouldn't it make more sense if Ash just gets all of his former companions for each region? Nothing against Gou, we do not know anything about him besides his goal, but for a reboot, I do not really see the point in him.

Okay, okay, if this is a reboot, then why did they introduce Gou to the anime? Wouldn't it make more sense if Ash just gets all of his former companions for each region? Nothing against Gou, we do not know anything about him besides his goal, but for a reboot, I do not really see the point in him.
We don’t, but today’s kids will. Especially the kids that play on Mobile games such as Go/Masters. It's all about advertising the stuff for money.

Last edited:
Okay. So it is a reboot but it will focus much more on the mobile games ather than the main series. Well... this kinda makes sense. Most people nowadays, especially the youngsters, are more familiar with the mobile games like Go. But why keep Ash as the main protagonist?

Okay. So it is a reboot but it will focus much more on the mobile games ather than the main series. Well... this kinda makes sense. Most people nowadays, especially the youngsters, are more familiar with the mobile games like Go. But why keep Ash as the main protagonist?
This isn't confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom